ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV New Dave Chappelle on Netflix + Netflix Comedy Discussion (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306808)

Miles 03-26-2017 07:04 PM

New Dave Chappelle on Netflix + Netflix Comedy Discussion

Two new Dave Chapelle specials hit Netflix this weekend. I watched the first one and it was pretty solid.

Netflix seems to be throwing a lot into comedy for past year or so which has lead to some excellent stuff. What specials is eveyone enjoying?

WhawhaWhat 03-26-2017 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 12799261)
Two new Dave Chapelle specials hit Netflix this weekend. I watched the first one and it was pretty solid.

Netflix seems to be throwing a lot into comedy for past year or so which has lead to some excellent stuff. What specials is eveyone enjoying?

The way he wove the OJ stories into the first one was so good.

DC.chief 03-26-2017 08:11 PM

BOW! G-unit!

Miles 03-26-2017 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 12799351)
The way he wove the OJ stories into the first one was so good.

That was really great and then the amazing callback with Cosby in first.

Baby Lee 03-26-2017 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 12799505)
That was really great and then the amazing callback with Cosby in first.

His comparison of Cosby to chocolate ice cream was perfect.

Nickhead 03-26-2017 11:39 PM

someone should tell that **** shumer this is how comedy is done!

i watched both comics. shumer couldn't even get the women to laugh at her jokes, where as chappelle gets them all to laugh. except the fat people that is :D

dj56dt58 03-27-2017 09:11 AM

I hope it was better than his shit show on SNL

MahiMike 03-27-2017 09:16 AM

Was pretty good. Not worth $60M but r right.

frankotank 03-27-2017 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj56dt58 (Post 12799706)
I hope it was better than his shit show on SNL

are you....what are you saying here? SNL...Saturday Night Live...what?
SHIRLEY you can NOT be saying Chapelles Show is shit!?!
if so.....then...

http://rs420.pbsrc.com/albums/pp290/...edumb.gif~c200

frankotank 03-27-2017 01:51 PM

I thought both were really good.
apparently some gay folks are up in arms because....now prepare yourself....this is a shocker.....
Dave made jokes about gays!!!

Gasp! are you SURE!?
yeah I'm sure man!
a COMEDIAN....made JOKES....about GAYS!

this political correct bullshit simply CANNOT extend into comedy! they are comedians....they gonna pick on white, black, brown, jew, gentile, hadicapped......and if they black then lemme throw in a second white! ROFL

hell he even warned them after they groaned after a joke he said...
“Ladies and gentleman, man the **** up or you’re not going to make it through this show.”

people piss me off man....

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywo...flix-specials/

you got two identical cars racing, one driven by a gay guy and one driven by a lesbian. who wins the race? the lesbian because you get there faster lickety split than you do just poking around.

chiefzilla1501 03-27-2017 02:28 PM

I usually think Schumer is OK. Good show, train wreck was very good, stand-up is OK. Man, her Netflix special is just uncomfortably bad.

It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I think birbiglias stand-up special is brilliant. He's a terrific storyteller. And if you like the pacing of his standup, you'll love "sleepwalk with me" which is a Netflix movie based on us standup.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-27-2017 02:44 PM

Both of Chappelle's specials were very good. The long arc of the Cosby story made up for some flatter moments in the first hour, while the second was more immediately funny and carried its energy throughout.

I don't think that either are as good his "Killing Me Softly" special, but that is my favorite standup hour ever.

Trent Green GOAT 03-27-2017 05:23 PM

Cosby be rapeing and saving

Nobody does it like chappelle.

Dayze 03-28-2017 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 12800123)
I usually think Schumer is OK. Good show, train wreck was very good, stand-up is OK. Man, her Netflix special is just uncomfortably bad.

It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I think birbiglias stand-up special is brilliant. He's a terrific storyteller. And if you like the pacing of his standup, you'll love "sleepwalk with me" which is a Netflix movie based on us standup.

If you like Mike B and the story telling style of comedy, have you seen John Mulaney? I think he has two specials on Netflix. I thought they were amazing.

Miles 03-28-2017 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 12800884)
If you like Mike B and the story telling style of comedy, have you seen John Mulaney? I think he has two specials on Netflix. I thought they were amazing.

Those two Mulaney specials are great. Particularly the more recent one.