ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Score one more for SOC... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266809)

htismaqe 11-19-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denverdanchiefsfan (Post 9133603)
If Pioli is fired today, you don't need to hire a new GM tomorrow. You can, however, start talking to candidates. Find out who may or may not be interested.

You can talk to all of the candidates now. Firing (or keeping)
Pioli doesn't affect your ability to contact potential GMs at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by denverdanchiefsfan (Post 9133603)
There is no upside to keeping Pioli. There is nothing he is going to contribute. You don't have to clean house until after the last game, but everyone in the front office and coaching staff will know they are out. That is just an added bonus for us, who among this staff is going to try to win when they know they won't have a job in January?

That sounds great in theory but has no basis in the real world.

O.city 11-19-2012 01:24 PM

No, like false hope that maybe this guy knows what he's doing, when it's dumb luck.

htismaqe 11-19-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9133609)
Like htis is saying, the whole place is structured around Pioli. When he goes, everyone goes.

Don't saddle the new GM with this shit show, just ride it out and end it when the season ends.

Bingo.

DeezNutz 11-19-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9133622)
No, like false hope that maybe this guy knows what he's doing, when it's dumb luck.

No, no, no. You preempt any of this bullshit by making it clear that person X is in a temporary role, which will be filled by someone outside of the organization.

That requires leadership from Clark and would foster real, legitimate hope.

O.city 11-19-2012 01:28 PM

TBH, I'm with Deez in my heart. I want him gone. He's taken my beloved since I was a boy frachise and made it a laughinstock.

But, we've talked about this alot on here. This has needed to happen in KC for a long time. End the mediocrity. It's time to bottom out with this bullshit and hit rock bottom, in order to be built back the way it should be.

I've prepared myself to dig in and take it on the chin, for the greater good. It sucks, but it's 6 more weeks.

DeezNutz 11-19-2012 01:28 PM

You're not saddling anyone with anything, and there are people, such as Farmer, who survive organizational changes. Therefore, he's not going to be hurt in any way shape or form. By assuming a title change for a few weeks, I'm sure he would be financially compensated, as appropriate, and he'd look the part of the good soldier, which plays well at the country club when the NFL good-ol-boy club gets together to have cocktails.

1ChiefsDan 11-19-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9133609)
Like htis is saying, the whole place is structured around Pioli. When he goes, everyone goes.

Don't saddle the new GM with this shit show, just ride it out and end it when the season ends.

Read the post. Not saddling anyone with anything. Fire Pioli. START the search. PREPARE for change once the season is over. START rebuilding fan loyalty.

Who cares if everyone is Pioli's minions? Fire the asshole. Anyone who wants to walk is free to. We have 6 weeks. If the entire front office and scouting staff walk, who cares?

Hell, if the entire coaching staff walks, who cares? A bunch of shit throwing monkeys could coach as well as this staff.

None of them are going to because they want to get paid. We are in no worse position either way.

Dave Lane 11-19-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9133579)

Rewards include:

Chiefs Player for a Day

Holey **** I knew we were bad but DAMN!

htismaqe 11-19-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9133634)
TBH, I'm with Deez in my heart. I want him gone. He's taken my beloved since I was a boy frachise and made it a laughinstock.

But, we've talked about this alot on here. This has needed to happen in KC for a long time. End the mediocrity. It's time to bottom out with this bullshit and hit rock bottom, in order to be built back the way it should be.

I've prepared myself to dig in and take it on the chin, for the greater good. It sucks, but it's 6 more weeks.

That's how I feel about it, to the letter.

1ChiefsDan 11-19-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9133619)
You can talk to all of the candidates now. Firing (or keeping)
Pioli doesn't affect your ability to contact potential GMs at all.

That sounds great in theory but has no basis in the real world.

Holy shit you have your head so far up your ass it is amazing you can breathe and type.

A lot of candidates will not talk to the team because there is already a person in place. That is a basic principle that most professionals follow.

htismaqe 11-19-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denverdanchiefsfan (Post 9133637)
START the search. PREPARE for change once the season is over. START rebuilding fan loyalty.

You can do ALL of those things without firing Pioli.

Honestly, I don't give a shit what they do.

I just completely understand the prudence of being cautious and calculated. There's alot of preparation that can be done without touching Pioli's contract.

unlurking 11-19-2012 01:34 PM

I'm with htismaqe on this one. Besides, I hate rooting against the Chiefs for a draft pick. It's a bitter pill to swallow and I'm having trouble getting it down. On the other hand, I love the entertainment value of seeing Pioli dig himself a deeper grave. I'm all for just handing him more rope and watching him dance.

htismaqe 11-19-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denverdanchiefsfan (Post 9133648)
Holy shit you have your head so far up your ass it is amazing you can breathe and type.

A lot of candidates will not talk to the team because there is already a person in place. That is a basic principle that most professionals follow.

ROFL

Cowher isn't going to refuse a call from Clark just because Pioli is still employed. Don't be naive.

And outside of Cowher and Gruden, he CANNOT TALK TO OTHER CANDIDATES until the season is over.

unlurking 11-19-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denverdanchiefsfan (Post 9133648)

WTF?!?!

If he's contacting others for GM jobs, don't you think they can figure out who they'll be replacing?

O.city 11-19-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9133644)
That's how I feel about it, to the letter.

I'm home for Thanksgiving at the parents house, and while watching the SNF game with dad last night (who is a huge Chiefs fan as well) we talked about how "empty" it felt watching that kind of football be played, while the Chiefs are what they are.

We talked about going to night time prime time games at Arrowhead when it was in it's prime and how things in KC were. How we wanted so badly for the Chiefs to be like the Steelers or the Ravens.

I told him that hopefully we just have to grit our teeth and get thru 6 more weeks. I then told him all about SOC and the things they were doing and he got excited for that, but also pissed that we have sit thru things for this long without doing something like this.

The Franchise 11-19-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 9133663)
WTF?!?!

If he's contacting others for GM jobs, don't you think they can figure out who they'll be replacing?

You don't think that this FO realizes how ****ed they are?

dirk digler 11-19-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9133630)
No, no, no. You preempt any of this bullshit by making it clear that person X is in a temporary role, which will be filled by someone outside of the organization.

Yep this is not complicated and happens all the time.

O.city 11-19-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9133630)

I'd be fine with this.

KC sports fans, Chiefs fans in particular, want so badly to have a competitive team. Hell you can see how passionate they are by what they have gone thru and still been there for games, tailgating etc. No doubt in my mind that when this thing gets turned around, KC might have the most loyal fanatical fanbase in the NFl and that Arrowhead be what it once was.

But some fences need mending in that regard.

DeezNutz 11-19-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9133659)
And outside of Cowher and Gruden, he CANNOT TALK TO OTHER CANDIDATES until the season is over.

Yeah, but we all know that this policy is subverted all of the time. While you might not be able to talk to a certain individual, you can talk to that individual's agent, etc.

As TTC stated yesterday, though, it's likely that Clark is completely lost on this thing, rocking in a corner, sobbing and sucking his thumb.

htismaqe 11-19-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9133701)
Yeah, but we all know that this policy is subverted all of the time. While you might not be able to talk to a certain individual, you can talk to that individual's agent, etc.

As TTC stated yesterday, though, it's likely that Clark is completely lost on this thing, rocking in a corner, sobbing and sucking his thumb.

All I'm saying is that, outside of placating the fans, firing Pioli now accomplishes nothing.

And to me, placating the fans takes a backseat to GETTING IT RIGHT. Get the right GM and the right coach and the fans are inherently placated by the WINNING. :D

DeezNutz 11-19-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9133708)
All I'm saying is that, outside of placating the fans, firing Pioli now accomplishes nothing.

And to me, placating the fans takes a backseat to GETTING IT RIGHT. Get the right GM and the right coach and the fans are inherently placated by the WINNING. :D

We both want the same thing, but this fail train isn't stopping until it hits rock bottom, whether Pioli is the GM or not.

Thus, what would be the negative of firing him and promoting Farmer in an interim role? You don't have to kill Farmer in the process, a statement like this would suffice: "Ray Farmer, who has long been a valued man in our front office, will be our interim GM, but this position will be filled from someone outside the organization. We're going this direction not because Farmer is not qualified for the job--he is--but because I believe we need an outside perspective to get this great organization back to where it needs to be." /Hunt

O.city 11-19-2012 01:54 PM

Another reason not to fire him now is, honestly, I want the ****er to go down with the ship. No excuses.

Nothing other than 1-15 is a success this year, with that bald asshole taking the brunt of the force from it.

Marcellus 11-19-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

If Clark knows he is firing Pioli, having him around for another 6 weeks does absolutely no good. In fact it could cause an issue if Pioli realizes he is getting canned and tries to **** things up on the way out. Pioli has proven he is self centered,I doubt he will take his termination very well.

Dave Lane 11-19-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9133668)
You don't think that this FO realizes how ****ed they are?

No its like the last days of Hitler in the bunker. If only Romeo can win 3-4 games we will be ok.

O.city 11-19-2012 01:57 PM

Although if you do fire him now, you take out the possibilty of this team winning 2 or 3 more games and him deflecting blame towards something else.

DeezNutz 11-19-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9133737)
Another reason not to fire him now is, honestly, I want the ****er to go down with the ship. No excuses.

Nothing other than 1-15 is a success this year, with that bald asshole taking the brunt of the force from it.

He already has, though. This piece of shit has been embarrassed in ways that few other GMs get to experience. For this, we thank the SOC movement.

O.city 11-19-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9133765)
He already has, though. This piece of shit has been embarrassed in ways that few other GMs get to experience. For this, we thank the SOC movement.

Yes, but he's done his diligence to make sure it isn't pushed more than it has been.

Gotta keep the peddle down.

However, Deez doesnt a small part of you want to see the jackass go down with this dumpster fire he created.

DeezNutz 11-19-2012 02:03 PM

I think Pioli is down, dude. Now we're simply putting more rounds into an already limp carcass. Yeah, there's some fun in that, but it's truly a waste of ammunition. At this point, haul the body into the woods and leave it for the coyotes.

gta0012 11-19-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9133780)
I think Pioli is down, dude. Now we're simply putting more rounds into an already limp carcass. Yeah, there's some fun in that, but it's truly a waste of ammunition. At this point, haul the body into the woods and leave it for the coyotes.

Now it's more about pointing out to Hunt that something needs to be done about the dead body. He will further drive fans away with his inaction.

Valiant 11-19-2012 02:06 PM

fire his ass at the end of the season and clean house, doing it now would just increase the chance of winning ameaningless game.

Let go of all coaches, scouting everything egoli brought in. There needs to be a purging.

1ChiefsDan 11-19-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9133659)
ROFL

Cowher isn't going to refuse a call from Clark just because Pioli is still employed. Don't be naive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 9133663)
WTF?!?!

You hear it over and over. Candidates refuse to talk if there is a person in place. It isn't naive. It's called professional courtesy.

FringeNC 11-19-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9133765)

Yep. Other than Matt Millen, is there a former GM who is anywhere near as toxic as Scott Pioli will be? He's done.

I still can't get over how avoidable this was for him. In an alternate universe where he released Cassel, signed Orton, and drafted a QB, he's probably not even on the hot seat.

Dartgod 11-19-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9133589)
There are only positives because firing Pioli would truly "change the culture" and return the team to the fans.

What if it changes the culture of the team as well and win 4 or 5 of our remaining games and screw up our draft position?

ChiefsCountry 11-19-2012 02:12 PM

Cowher would be the safest bet to fill Arrowhead back and win quickly. Especially with #1 pick in tow. Also with Marty ties would please alot of fans as well. Not exactly what I would do, but I could live with it.

O.city 11-19-2012 02:13 PM

If we did in fact hire Cowher, who are your coordinator choices?

ChiefsCountry 11-19-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9133845)
If we did in fact hire Cowher, who are your coordinator choices?

Whoever he wants.

O.city 11-19-2012 02:16 PM

Guess thats probably true.

Wouldn't mind Rex as the DC.

Chief Roundup 11-19-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

JMO but a lot of the fans want it now because they fear that if we were somehow win a couple of games and the SOC movement was to lose ground that Pioli might not get fired.

htismaqe 11-19-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denverdanchiefsfan (Post 9133800)
It's called professional courtesy.

Doesn't really exist in the NFL.

htismaqe 11-19-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9133883)
JMO but a lot of the fans want it now because they fear that if we were somehow win a couple of games and the SOC movement was to lose ground that Pioli might not get fired.

That's kind of silly.

If he's fit to fire now, nothing he does from here on out will prevent him from getting fired at the end of the season.

Winning a couple of games isn't going to suddenly "redeem" him in the eyes of anybody.

Dave Lane 11-19-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9133883)

Completely this. I want him gone so there is no question if Roleo runs off 3-4 meaningless wins that Pioli gets to stay.

Thats my greatest fear

htismaqe 11-19-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9133901)
Completely this. I want him gone so there is no question if Roleo runs off 3-4 meaningless wins that Pioli gets to stay.

Thats my greatest fear

Fear is inherently irrational. You realize that, right?

1ChiefsDan 11-19-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9133895)
That's kind of silly.

If he's fit to fire now, nothing he does from here on out will prevent him from getting fired at the end of the season.

Winning a couple of games isn't going to suddenly "redeem" him in the eyes of anybody.

It doesn't have to be anybody. Just our absentee owner.

htismaqe 11-19-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denverdanchiefsfan (Post 9133941)
It doesn't have to be anybody. Just our absentee owner.

Anybody includes our absentee owner.

He's un-saveable. Period.

Chief Roundup 11-19-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9133933)

In order realize something you must first be able to rationalize it, therefore to rationalize something that is irrationaly may be inherently hard to realize.

htismaqe 11-19-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9133998)
In order realize something you must first be able to rationalize it, therefore to rationalize something that is irrationaly may be inherently hard to realize.

ROFL

http://www.pajiba.com/assets_c/2012/...x352-55202.jpg

unlurking 11-19-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denverdanchiefsfan (Post 9133800)
You hear it over and over. Candidates refuse to talk if there is a person in place. It isn't naive. It's called professional courtesy.

Works both ways. Professional courtesy extends to finishing out the season with whatever team you're on now, and not jumping ship to the Chiefs. Unless you're bringing in someone now, there's really no reason to make the change before the end of the season.

dirk digler 11-19-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9133895)
That's kind of silly.

It is not going to happen but if by some miracle then win out that could change things

unlurking 11-19-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

:D

But then what else are we going to do for fun? It's not like the games are enjoyable.

The Franchise 11-19-2012 02:58 PM

My only guess.....is that by waiting...Hunt allows Pioli to re-sign (saving face) and Romeo retires instead of being fired.

Zebedee DuBois 11-19-2012 03:00 PM

Why do the words "resign" (to give up one's job) and "resign" (to extend one's contract) have to be so similar?

Buehler445 11-19-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9133448)
Other people would fill the void. Other people already on this staff. Do you really want to see Head Coach Gary Gibbs?

There absolutely IS harm in doing it now. If you do a complete housecleaning, you have to go out and get a new GM and coaching staff mid-season. All of the good candidates are currently busy. Plus, you don't want your new staff to have the inevitable 5 or 6 losses and the associated stink of the rest of the 2012 season stuck to them. Let them start fresh in 2013.

This staff need to finish what the started. And then GTFO.

I see it differently. If I'm Clark I fire Pioli and make Donovan or whomever sign Albert and personally tell Bowe he can have whatever he wants. Bowe walking will hurt way more than anything Pioli leaving will do.

RealSNR 11-19-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois (Post 9134037)
Why do the words "resign" (to give up one's job) and "resign" (to extend one's contract) have to be so similar?

A team gives a player a new contract by re-signing him.

A person leaves their post by resigning

noa 11-19-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9134063)
A team gives a player a new contract by re-signing him.

A person leaves their post by resigning

We should sanction this post.

Posted via Mobile Device

RealSNR 11-19-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9133852)
Whoever he wants.

Greg Robinson and Paul Hackett it is!

Mother****erJones 11-19-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9133642)
Rewards include:

Chiefs Player for a Day

Ya it says depends upon availability...therefore you get to spend the day with Jalil Brown:banghead:

gblowfish 11-19-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9134181)
Ya it says depends upon availability...therefore you get to spend the day with Jalil Brown:banghead:

If I had to spend theday with Jalil Brown, I'd spend it trying to teach him to TURN HIS HEAD.

Mother****erJones 11-19-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9134201)
If I had to spend theday with Jalil Brown, I'd spend it trying to teach him to TURN HIS HEAD.

Your ****ing avatar muppet has a better chance of turning his head :doh!:

htismaqe 11-19-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9134021)
It is not going to happen but if by some miracle then win out that could change things

Clark could get hit by a train tomorrow and Pioli could inherit the team, too.

Dave Lane 11-19-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9133933)

Doesn't matter. Its my fear and I'm gonna feed and love it till Pioli gets the axe damn it!

Dave Lane 11-19-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9134411)
Clark could get hit by a train tomorrow and Pioli could inherit the team, too.

I'd be done that hour from ever rooting for the Chiefs again. I'd watch soccer before that abortion.

Bewbies 11-19-2012 05:52 PM

Clark hasn't fired Pioli because he wants Geno Smith, and doing anything that gives the guys a boost and a chance to win isn't in his list of priorities. :)

Psyko Tek 11-19-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9133228)
It really doesn't serve any purpose to do it now when he really can't get serious about hiring a replacement until January.

why not?
he is gone, will quit spreading his cancer
and the hunt can begin now
asin\t like he's got a lot to do
not signing anybody

not trading anybody
not drafting,
and will get him the **** away from scouting next years draft

we don't need no water let the mother ****er burn

Hammock Parties 11-19-2012 08:08 PM

So Pioli doesn't want flyers distributed because he wants to protect his reputation.

Let's see if the dicktator can stop a youtube video documenting his fail from being published this offseason.

BigRedChief 11-19-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9133980)
Anybody includes our absentee owner.

He's un-saveable. Period.

If Clark was stupid enough to bring back Pioli we will see empty stadiums and blackouts.

BigRedChief 11-19-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9134846)
So Pioli doesn't want flyers distributed because he wants to protect his reputation.

Let's see if the dicktator can stop a youtube video documenting his fail from being published this offseason.

We need a real good Hitler is pissed at Pioli vid on you tube

Hammock Parties 11-19-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

God I ****ing love you.

I mean, in as homosexual a way as possible without actually engaging in coitus.

Hammock Parties 11-19-2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9134860)
We need a real good Hitler is pissed at Pioli vid on you tube

No, that shit is played out. I have better things to do, like PAINT IT BLACK videos.

whoman69 11-19-2012 10:02 PM

This team really doesn't have anyone that can take over as an interim. Let the train wreck play out then line up the firing squad.

KcMizzou 11-19-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9134866)
No, that shit is played out. I have better things to do, like PAINT IT BLACK videos.

You'd better be talking about the Stones song.

Hammock Parties 11-19-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 9135350)
You'd better be talking about the Stones song.

Why, yes.

NJChiefsFan 11-19-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9133642)
Rewards include:

Chiefs Player for a Day

Well you knew we wouldn't be getting our new QB from the draft.

htismaqe 11-20-2012 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9134856)
If Clark was stupid enough to bring back Pioli we will see empty stadiums and blackouts.

Yep.

I just don't see any way Pioli is back.

Lzen 11-20-2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 9133040)
I’d like to see him go to a division opponent and take Cassel with him so we can watch him **** them up for a while.

FYP

Lzen 11-20-2012 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 9134477)
Clark hasn't fired Pioli because he wants Geno Smith, and doing anything that gives the guys a boost and a chance to win isn't in his list of priorities. :)

This is my hope.