ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****The Dorian O'Daniel Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315140)

aturnis 05-30-2018 08:33 PM

RunKC 06-18-2018 07:56 AM

DOD was taking first team reps last week in Sorenson’s money backer role per Matt Derrick.

KCrockaholic 06-18-2018 08:43 AM

I really think he's going to be a playmaker, and can see him being the X factor of the defense. Gonna be fun seeing how all these new faces fit into the mix on defense. I'd love to see Armani Watts steal the FS job.

Halfcan 06-18-2018 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 13597027)
I really think he's going to be a playmaker, and can see him being the X factor of the defense. Gonna be fun seeing how all these new faces fit into the mix on defense. I'd love to see Armani Watts steal the FS job.

Great post. I am excited to see how all the young talent on defense shakes things up. I think the biggest thing they fixed was the lack of physical players that can tackle. We have had one of the poorest tackling secondaries in the NFL when Berry has been out. Two of the worst offenders, Gaines and Peters are gone, so we can probably bet we will have an upgrade there.

Up the middle- Ragland and Hitchens should be very solid to finally close down the I 70 Interstate we have offered to other teams running backs the past few years.

KCrockaholic 06-18-2018 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 13597044)
Great post. I am excited to see how all the young talent on defense shakes things up. I think the biggest thing they fixed was the lack of physical players that can tackle. We have had one of the poorest tackling secondaries in the NFL when Berry has been out. Two of the worst offenders, Gaines and Peters are gone, so we can probably bet we will have an upgrade there.

Up the middle- Ragland and Hitchens should be very solid to finally close down the I 70 Interstate we have offered to other teams running backs the past few years.

Really going to need better nose tackle play. Bennie Logan was pretty worthless for us last year. So either Xavier Williams or Nnadi will need to step up.

RunKC 06-18-2018 08:58 AM

Nnandi-One of the best run stuffers in college football.
DOD-Extensive experience in the slot and athletic enough to cover TE’s
Fuller-elite slot corner
Hitchens/Ragland-very good run stuffing ILB’s with some cover ability.

The middle of the defense is going to be better.

Simply Red 06-18-2018 09:17 AM

a little of the apples to oranges thing - but I think DOD has more upside than Watts.

Buckweath 06-18-2018 10:24 AM

The Dline won't be stellar but really my only concern are the CBs.

saphojunkie 06-18-2018 10:35 AM

I don’t know if we will have a star in this draft but I am excited about every player. They just all seem to be solid, versatile, tough dudes. Something we have been really lacking on defense.

O.city 06-18-2018 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 13597196)
I don’t know if we will have a star in this draft but I am excited about every player. They just all seem to be solid, versatile, tough dudes. Something we have been really lacking on defense.

Yeah, it has been something that's seem to be a problem for the past 2 or 3 years.

They just didn't seem physical. They'd create turnovers and such, but since 15 they just haven't been overly physical.

I'm optimistic about the d. I think it surprises people.

Beef Supreme 06-18-2018 11:06 AM

I just hope we are done drafting 3-year projects on a 4-year rookie deal. Only for them not to pan out anyway.

Titty Meat 06-18-2018 11:34 AM

Scrub

Simply Red 06-18-2018 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 13597306)
Scrub

? huh? why do you say that?

Hog's Gone Fishin 06-18-2018 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13597246)
Yeah, it has been something that's seem to be a problem for the past 2 or 3 years.

They just didn't seem physical. They'd create turnovers and such, but since 15 they just haven't been overly physical.

I'm optimistic about the d. I think it surprises people.

Marcus Peters is gone. We have no pussies on Defense now.

Kiimo 06-18-2018 01:39 PM

Weirdly enough the player I'm least excited about is Speaks. The secondary guys all look like steals.