ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Albert just called 610. Wants to stay in KC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269183)

Mr. Flopnuts 01-31-2013 02:20 PM

They will franchise him. I guaran****ing tee it. They'll even do it twice if they have too. Hell, they may make a play at Albert and drop the ****ing tag on him if they can pull it off.

BossChief 01-31-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9368030)
The Broncos would be absolutely foolish to overpay a guy coming off of shoulder surgery, especially when he's not considered the best at his position in the NFL.

I doubt Elway's that stupid.

Then, their only option is to franchise him.

DaneMcCloud 01-31-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9368038)
Then, their only option is to franchise him.

Or take another left tackle in the first round

BossChief 01-31-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9368033)
I don't think Denver cares. Manning improves LT play dramatically. I'm sure that they think if Clady is asking for too much, they aren't going to lose sleep over it.

The thought of a motionless Manning laying on the field probably does...

BossChief 01-31-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9368041)
Or take another left tackle in the first round

Fisher and Joeckel are gonna be long gone and te other guys are right tackles.

DaneMcCloud 01-31-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9368056)
Fisher and Joeckel are gonna be long gone and te other guys are right tackles.

They can always trade picks

BossChief 01-31-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9368069)
They can always trade picks

So they should move a couple premium picks to move up and draft Cladys replacement instead of just paying him something between Joe Thomas' deal and that of Browns'?

That wouldn't improve a team trying to improve to capitalize on a superbowl window that is incredibly small.

I guess I don't see that...

DaneMcCloud 01-31-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9368084)
So they should move a couple premium picks to move up and draft Cladys replacement instead of just paying him something between Joe Thomas' deal and that of Browns'?

That wouldn't improve a team trying to improve to capitalize on a superbowl window that is incredibly small.

I guess I don't see that...

The market has been set. If Clady and his agent don't agree to a reasonable deal, he'll be Franchised.

Keep in mind, Brown was the 26th overall selection, so the Broncos don't necessarily have to take a guy in the Top Ten to get a great left tackle.

But beyond that, why are we even discussing Clady? He's been a Pro Bowler and an All-Pro. Branden Albert has been neither.

Albert and his agent are smoking crack if they think they'll get a contract similar to that of Clady & Brown.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-31-2013 02:38 PM

I'd be good with it if Albert did get a sweet deal. But Dane's right, he's not going too. Can't blame them for trying, but if they get Bowe signed, you can expect Albert to cave almost instantaneously. Leverage is gone at that point.

RealSNR 01-31-2013 04:57 PM

I'm not worried about Albert. It will happen.

I'm more concerned about Bowe, simply because I don't know how eager Andy Reid is to teach a pretty different offensive system to a 28-year old WR

BigMeatballDave 01-31-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9368391)

I'm more concerned about Bowe, simply because I don't know how eager Andy Reid is to teach a pretty different offensive system to a 28-year old WR

Isn't the route tree pretty much the same in any offense?

DeezNutz 01-31-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

About as eager as he is to spend draft picks for a 29-year-old QB (when the season starts) who hasn't accomplished dick in his career and is the statistical twin to Cassel.

Red Dawg 01-31-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Bowe is probably gone and that sux a little. He would be perfect for a short passing game but he is not going to get the money he wants from us.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-31-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9368024)
Clady has Denver by the balls and he knows it. He's gonna be the highest paid LT soon cause of Manning.

Yep. Protecting Brokeneck and his quick release will make the overrated Clady CASH in. He's going to be PAID.

BigMeatballDave 01-31-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 9368404)
Bowe is probably gone and that sux a little. He would be perfect for a short passing game but he is not going to get the money he wants from us.

Who are they spending it on?

They have to spend it somewhere.