ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Head Football Coach Rankings (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=308400)

Hog's Gone Fishin 06-22-2017 04:51 PM

Head Football Coach Rankings

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000816560/blank

Kelvin Kuo/Associated Press
32) Anthony Lynn, Los Angeles Chargers
Someone has to be 32nd on the list. Unfortunately, that's Lynn, who has the least amount of experience as both head coach and coordinator. After earning the respect of nearly everyone in Buffalo, Lynn was elevated from running backs coach (and assistant head coach) to offensive coordinator following the departure of Greg Roman last year. While the Chargers are being touted as a sneaky AFC team, Lynn has inherited the most malleable situation of all the new coaches: new city ... new stadium ... toughest division.

David Zalubowski/Associated Press
31) Vance Joseph, Denver Broncos
Joseph inherits a much more tenable situation than Lynn, though like the Chargers' rookie head coach, Joseph will also be trying to keep pace with Jack Del Rio's Raiders and Andy Reid's bunch out in Kansas City. Joseph's discipline is on the defensive side of the ball, which, in theory, is a good thing, considering the Broncos' talent there. That said, former defensive coordinator Wade Phillips was that unit's unquestioned leader. In case you were wondering, Joseph's defense in Miami finished 29th overall last season. Yeesh.

14) Jack Del Rio, Oakland Raiders
Del Rio earned all of the Coach of the Year praise that came his way last year. After all, it was his game-winning go-for-two call in Week 1 that propelled the Raiders to a fast start that only let up when Derek Carr went down in Week 16. Del Rio connects with his players better than most coaches, even if he isn't considered an Xs-and-Os "genius." Don't buy it? Take a look at the I'm joking but I'm not Twitter exchange with his Pro Bowl left guard. How fun is it that the Raiders are relevant again? Give the head coach credit.

5) Andy Reid, Kansas City Chiefs
As consistent as any coach or player in the NFL, Reid might be the most successful head coach in the Super Bowl era to never hoist the Lombardi Trophy. He has certainly joined the Dan Reeves and Marty Schottenheimer stratosphere in that regard. Can Reid get the Chiefs there? If so, analysts and fans alike might discuss him as a Hall of Fame-level leader. If he can't, 173 regular season wins (nearly 10 per season), five championship game appearances and one Super Bowl loss (which might've turned out differently if a certain receiver had spent a bit more time in the hyperbaric chamber) will have to do.

Hog's Gone Fishin 06-22-2017 04:52 PM

Denver made some good moves this off season
ROFL

threebag 06-22-2017 04:52 PM

I think Andys new role might move him up a notch or two

Pasta Little Brioni 06-22-2017 08:48 PM

Joseph was an AWFUL hire

Hog's Gone Fishin 06-22-2017 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12927793)
Joseph was an AWFUL hire

The Broncos and Chargers are both ****ed

jjchieffan 06-22-2017 10:58 PM

What's going on here? KnowShit hasn't popped in here to tell us how great Joseph is and how he should be ranked above Reid. He must be busy on his knees sucking off ElFraud. But I'm sure that he will wipe off his chin and be in here soon enough.

Gadzooks 06-23-2017 12:25 AM

Anthony Lynne deserves to be in last place. He's an unknown quantity. I like his demeanor but I want to see how he does managing an actual game. He couldn't possibly be worse than McCoy.

NWTF 06-23-2017 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12927793)
Joseph was an AWFUL hire

I didnt get that hire at all. Phillips and the D was all they had left of that SB team. I would have thought they'd get an O guru and allow him to piggyback off Phillips D while he implements his system and acquires O talent.

Really was a head scratcher to see them scrap Phillips and bring in this clearly inferior D coordinator to pair with that shit offense.

Rasputin 06-23-2017 07:23 AM

Andy Reid is over rated.

Hog's Gone Fishin 06-23-2017 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 12928149)
Andy Reid is over rated.

Yeah , him and his 11 wins per year with the chiefs. He sucks.

I think Lynn and Joseph are over rated personally . They should be coaching pee wee.

Rasputin 06-23-2017 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 12928156)
Yeah , him and his 11 wins per year with the chiefs. He sucks.

How many Lombardi trophies have we got with him?

Hog's Gone Fishin 06-23-2017 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 12928159)
How many Lombardi trophies have we got with him?

well, ummm, Alex Smiff ???

Rasputin 06-23-2017 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 12928166)
well, ummm, Alex Smiff ???

He picked Alex Smiff not John Dorsey. Andy did and this offense hasn't even cracked top 20 in the league.

Now going forward with Patrick Mahomes II that could change but for now he is faulted for Alex Smiff handicaptation.

Mile High Mania 06-23-2017 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWTF (Post 12928038)
I didnt get that hire at all. Phillips and the D was all they had left of that SB team. I would have thought they'd get an O guru and allow him to piggyback off Phillips D while he implements his system and acquires O talent.

Really was a head scratcher to see them scrap Phillips and bring in this clearly inferior D coordinator to pair with that shit offense.

I have no idea what to expect from Joseph, but I like the move to go with a younger unknown rather than a retread. I like that they didn't bring in Shanahan II because that carries an impossible shadow to hide from.

McCoy and Musgrave willl own the QBs and the offense... and that's fine by me. Joseph brought up Joe Woods to lead the defense and all he did was coach the secondary the last couple of years.

Again, there were many around here that claimed Wade in year 3 (I believe) would be an absolute failure and the Broncos were doomed to retain him. So, they let him go and now it's an unbelievable loss that the team cannot recover from...

I get the talk about who they've lost (players and coaches), but they've got young guys ready to go on that defense and I just don't believe the defense is going to crater without the Son of Bum on the sideline. Love the guy, but it's not a loss that sets them back.

NWTF 06-23-2017 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 12928176)
I have no idea what to expect from Joseph, but I like the move to go with a younger unknown rather than a retread. I like that they didn't bring in Shanahan II because that carries an impossible shadow to hide from.

McCoy and Musgrave willl own the QBs and the offense... and that's fine by me. Joseph brought up Joe Woods to lead the defense and all he did was coach the secondary the last couple of years.

Again, there were many around here that claimed Wade in year 3 (I believe) would be an absolute failure and the Broncos were doomed to retain him. So, they let him go and now it's an unbelievable loss that the team cannot recover from...

I get the talk about who they've lost (players and coaches), but they've got young guys ready to go on that defense and I just don't believe the defense is going to crater without the Son of Bum on the sideline. Love the guy, but it's not a loss that sets them back.

Joseph was a shit hire. Maybe he turns out to be a great HC who knows, but based on his track record hes nothing special, and he is a downgrade from Phillips.