ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Music RUSH Clockwork Angels!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257908)

Rukdafaidas 04-19-2012 08:00 AM

Headlong Flight in its entirety.

http://www1.rollingstone.com/hearitnow/player/rush.html

chasedude 04-19-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rukdafaidas (Post 8553096)

Kick Ass! I love it!

kc rush 04-19-2012 11:53 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZcFGrWjOX0E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

vailpass 04-19-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc rush (Post 8551465)
Actually, this is the first "Concept Album" that they have done in a long time. While many of the albums of the past couple decades have centered around a theme, there hasn't been a continuing narrative through the songs like there is supposed to be with this new one.

Cool. Maybe they'll get a new lead singer for this album?

Rukdafaidas 04-19-2012 12:25 PM

I was just checking out their tour dates and for the first time that I can remember, they don't have KC on the tour. Unless, the dates listed aren't complete.
They also don't have Tulsa or Wichita listed.

kc rush 04-19-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rukdafaidas (Post 8553591)
I was just checking out their tour dates and for the first time that I can remember, they don't have KC on the tour. Unless, the dates listed aren't complete.
They also don't have Tulsa or Wichita listed.

I'm guessing they'll have a second tour next spring/summer to pick up some of those cities missed this fall.

chasedude 04-19-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc rush (Post 8553706)
I'm guessing they'll have a second tour next spring/summer to pick up some of those cities missed this fall.

Yeah, they always come to KC. They wont miss us on one of the legs.

beach tribe 04-19-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8505198)
Never got to see Genesis. I had tickets to the Invisible Touch tour and Phil got sick. I was pissed.

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/h...al29/bale1.gif
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/h...al29/bale2.gif
I hate these bands btw.

Backwards Masking 05-03-2012 08:41 AM

Totally off topic, but I've really warmed to Snakes and Arrows over the years. Didn't care much for it after it was released, but a lot of tracks have grown on me : "The Way The Wind Blows" is my favorite track, right in the middle of the album, "Good News First" is one I've been listening to a ton lately, and the intrumentals are all great. More acoustic parts than anything they'd done in years - kind of like a much longer "Farewell To Kings" but without the glass shattering high notes. My Top Ten Rush Discs at the moment:

1. Moving Pictures
2. Power Windows (I know...but I love it. Mystic Rhythms is phenomenal)
3. Hemispheres
4. 2112
5. Permanant Waves
6. Signals
7. Vapor Trails (highly underrated and LONG)
8. Snakes And Arrows
9. Farewell To Kings (Probably too low...always thought the Non Suite songs were mediocre)
10. Hold Your Fire (the Thai sounding stuff at the end never did it for me)

HM : Counterparts - nothing real stand out on it but nothing bad either - Leave That Thing Alone is a great instrumental.

Rush and Fly By Night are too straight forward and dated for me (though I like both albums)

Caress Of Steel is a little too proggy at times, even for me

Grace Under Pressure has Red Lenses, my least favorite Rush song ever (Kid Gloves is nothing to brag about)

Presto isn't bad, but not much stands out either

Roll The Bones is my favoroite one not listed, it almost made HM over Counterparts, they're neck and neck.

Test For Echo is real hit and miss, love the title track and Totem, despise some of the other mediocre songs on it though.

OK im done

Huffmeister 05-03-2012 08:58 AM

Presto is probably my favorite Rush album. Before you click the neg-rep button, you have to understand that it came out when I was in 7th grade and it was my first introduction to Rush. I used to play the crap out of it on cassette while shooting baskets in our driveway. So it always strikes a nostalgic chord with me when I listen to it.

That being said, there are a lot of great songs on it. The Pass is still probably in my list of top 3 Rush songs. War Paint is fantastic, especially from the perspective of a kid in middle school. And Superconductor has a fun, rock-pop feel to it (which is the point of the whole song).

I know that Presto is a lot of fans' least-favorite album (I think even the band members have expressed their disappointment with it), but I really do wish they would come out with another Presto-like album.

Backwards Masking 05-03-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 8591106)
Presto is probably my favorite Rush album. Before you click the neg-rep button, you have to understand that it came out when I was in 7th grade and it was my first introduction to Rush. I used to play the crap out of it on cassette while shooting baskets in our driveway. So it always strikes a nostalgic chord with me when I listen to it.

That being said, there are a lot of great songs on it. The Pass is still probably in my list of top 3 Rush songs. War Paint is fantastic, especially from the perspective of a kid in middle school. And Superconductor has a fun, rock-pop feel to it (which is the point of the whole song).

I know that Presto is a lot of fans' least-favorite album (I think even the band members have expressed their disappointment with it), but I really do wish they would come out with another Presto-like album.

I always like "Red Tide" and "Hand Over Fist", those two make into my personal Rush setlists quite often. They "Presto" the song live the last time i saw them...i've gained more respect for it since than.

I never would refer to it as my least favorite...gotta go Caress Of Steel there.

Mr. Flopnuts 05-03-2012 10:17 AM

Hand over Fist is one of my favs. Nothing tops Natural Science off of the Permanent Waves album for me though. Roll The Bones was a GREAT album and is often underrated by fans.

Backwards Masking 05-03-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8591349)
Nothing tops Natural Science off of the Permanent Waves album for me though. Roll The Bones was a GREAT album and is often underrated by fans.

Agreed on both points.

Alexs solos on Natural Science are so overlooked on Top Guitar Solo lists its maddening. And I've always really liked Roll The Bones, even the rapping part which is the main reason it gets so much crap.

I have a feeling the new album is going to be an hour plus like the last two were, Geddy and the boys seem to have the mentality that if they're going to make fans wait 5 plus years between releases, to make up for it with extra tracks.

listopencil 05-03-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc rush (Post 8553493)
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZcFGrWjOX0E" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Wow. That's actually pretty nice. Good melody. Guitar is sweet. Drums are spot on. I don't care for the lead singer's voice, but it's not a bad vocal.

RUSH
KISS
Van Halen

Mr. Flopnuts 05-03-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backwards Masking (Post 8591366)
Agreed on both points.

Alexs solos on Natural Science are so overlooked on Top Guitar Solo lists its maddening. And I've always really liked Roll The Bones, even the rapping part which is the main reason it gets so much crap.

I have a feeling the new album is going to be an hour plus like the last two were, Geddy and the boys seem to have the mentality that if they're going to make fans wait 5 plus years between releases, to make up for it with extra tracks.

Yeah, they get shit for being diverse, when in actuality, the rap on the title track was actually pretty creative, and flowed well within the song.

My hope is the new album does go back to some of the old story telling albums of the 70's.