ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Would the following situation make you NOT freak out about not drafting Geno Smith? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270368)

htismaqe 02-24-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9434659)
Bullshit. Complete and utter bullshit. I am not going to say that Smith IS going to be good (if he even comes here).. but to say he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt is incredibly stupid. YOU are far too smart for idiotic statements like this. Smith had absolute dogshit for coaching his entire pro career until Harbaugh showed up. Under Harbaugh he has been a solid, far above average QB.

He wasn't good enough to be the starter. He got benched. By Harbaugh.

I don't care who the **** he is. The team he's on doesn't want him. We shouldn't want him either.

He doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt, or anything else for that matter. **** Alex Smith.

Psyko Tek 02-24-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9434270)
We are not trading down. Nobody wants our pick.

if we can't use it who can?
I don't believe anybody wants it

Bowser 02-24-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Bullshit. Complete and utter bullshit. I am not going to say that Smith IS going to be good (if he even comes here).. but to say he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt is incredibly stupid. YOU are far too smart for idiotic statements like this. Smith had absolute dogshit for coaching his entire pro career until Harbaugh showed up. Under Harbaugh he has been a solid, far above average QB.

Bottom line is that if Alex SMith were worthy of being a "franchise" QB, the Niners would never let him go.

One man's garbage is another's garbage.

Molitoth 02-24-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Lol by this logic you could also say Matt cassel was a victim to bad coaching.

Dave Lane 02-24-2013 08:58 PM

I said no. I'm tired out trying to be too cute and maximize "value". **** that, give me the best QB in the draft and if that fails, rinse and repeat.

Psyko Tek 02-24-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9434460)
I WANT us to draft a first round superstar QB as well... but if the ****ING GUY ISN'T THERE then you don't simply waste the pick. I like Geno Smith at #1 more than any other player even if I'm not sold that he is a clear cut #1 overall pick... but I am not going to act like an idiot if I don't get my way.

Since when did CP become the stupid Chiefs BBS? Didn't we used to be the smart one?

with the new CBA a bust ain't gonna JaMarcus us, and I do not wanna see this blow up by the raiders having the balls and we do not,
we would hear that twice a year for ever

Dave Lane 02-24-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9434712)
Bottom line is that if Alex SMith were worthy of being a "franchise" QB, the Niners would never let him go.

One man's garbage is another's garbage.

Amen. Cassel = Smith.

AustinChief 02-24-2013 09:00 PM

To be clear, NO ONE is claiming Alex Smith is a franchise QB. But to write him off as garbage is just stupid. Those with this OPINION may end up being right... but acting as if they KNOW at this point is a Charger's fan level of dumb.

I can't believe I am here defending Alex Smith... BUT the amount of pure knee jerk stupid that is running rampant today has forced me to try to be the voice of reason here. To not like Alex Smith is fine, normal even... but to go batshit crazy because we MAY have traded a FOURTH round pick for him is ridiculous.

htismaqe 02-24-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9434752)
To be clear, NO ONE is claiming Alex Smith is a franchise QB. But to write him off as garbage is just stupid. Those with this OPINION may end up being right... but acting as if they KNOW at this point is a Charger's fan level of dumb.

I can't believe I am here defending Alex Smith... BUT the amount of pure knee jerk stupid that is running rampant today has forced me to try to be the voice of reason here. To not like Alex Smith is fine, normal even... but to go batshit crazy because we MAY have traded a FOURTH round pick for him is ridiculous.

I don't KNOW he's going to fail.

But I don't have any reason to believe he's going to succeed either.

His history, and the Chiefs history, suggest it will be another failure in a long, long line of failures.

AustinChief 02-24-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9434727)
I said no. I'm tired out trying to be too cute and maximize "value". **** that, give me the best QB in the draft and if that fails, rinse and repeat.

Gotcha. So even if our new staff is 95% certain that Geno Smith will be a bust... YOU won't be happy unless we waste the pick. Smart!

Damn, frustration has apparently turned ChiefsPlanet into a haven for idiocy like the other Chiefs boards.

Bowser 02-24-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9434752)

Look at it like this -

Matt Cassel was pretty decent with Charlie Weis around. Alex Smith was pretty damned good with Harbaugh around.

What's going to happen next?

AustinChief 02-24-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9434762)

His history, and the Chiefs history, suggest it will be another failure in a long, long line of failures.

No one is asking you to BELIEVE in him or expect wins... just not to expect him to be worthless. ANd that is exactly what your over the top emotional responses about him have indicated. I get it, I am fed up as well... but let's give our new staff and whoever the next QB is... a chance to fail at least a LITTLE before we burn them at the stake.

Bowser 02-24-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9434762)

This.

Someone someday needs to teach the definition of insanity to Clark.

Hootie 02-24-2013 09:06 PM

as long as they address their QB position before pick 35 I like to give the new regime the benefit of the doubt

if we go with Alex Smith and don't address the QB situation before/on our 2nd round pick I will be pretty disappointed

AustinChief 02-24-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9434772)
Look at it like this -

Matt Cassel was pretty decent with Charlie Weis around. Alex Smith was pretty damned good with Harbaugh around.

What's going to happen next?

Cassel was BARELY decent with Weis and a creampuff schedule. Smith was far better with Harbaugh. If you think Reid is equivalent to Harbaugh as an offensive coach and QB developer.. then you would expect Smith to continue to progress (if healthy). Again, I don't want to get sucked into being a defender of Alex Smith... I just would like us to return to some semblance of sanity for a bit.