ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Teedubya getting after it (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263522)

Hammock Parties 09-11-2012 09:39 PM

Lindsay Shively is a ****ing fox.

SPchief 09-11-2012 09:40 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vOOf-q0cHgA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Buck 09-11-2012 09:40 PM

Did teedubya use his "Midwest Values" while tweeting obscenities at the Chiefs?

Titty Meat 09-11-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 8903118)
Absolutely but...

Let me clarify. I don't think the Chiefs organization, nor 80% of our fans understand what kind of potential Twitter has. Nor do I think they understand it's use today. Most of our fans cannot grasp the possibilities that social media presents.

Look at the response against ari on the Chiefs websites.

IF they understand Twitter or not it doesn't really matter if you read the comments people blindly follow.

Kansas City itself has a problem with critical thinking. These are the same people who thought it was a good idea to polish a turd in the middle of nowhere with tax payer money and spend millions on a shitty science exhibit.

The whole leadership of Kansas City has been a failure if people can't critically think about that stuff I wouldn't expect them to question their beloved sports teams.

007 09-11-2012 09:41 PM

Where is Teller?

Hammock Parties 09-11-2012 09:41 PM

lol, nice Royals attire. Subtle dig.

ClevelandBronco 09-11-2012 09:43 PM

Which one of you assholes stole a deer in Olathe?

Check that. Which group of you drunken assholes stole a deer in Olathe? That's not something that someone does alone and sober.

Demonpenz 09-11-2012 09:45 PM

old man twitter

Brock 09-11-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8903135)
Did teedubya use his "Midwest Values" while tweeting obscenities at the Chiefs?

LMAO yep

Frazod 09-11-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPchief (Post 8903134)
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vOOf-q0cHgA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice. :thumb:

Fish 09-11-2012 09:49 PM

The News spot says it was a Private message from the Chiefs to Teedubya. Why would he say their response was to the fans and not him?

tk13 09-11-2012 09:50 PM

This is certainly a pivotal moment in Chiefs history. Tomorrow morning Pioli will be out in the driveway meekly waxing teedubya's car like Biff Tannen waxing George McFly's car.

ClevelandBronco 09-11-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 8903157)
The News spot says it was a Private message from the Chiefs to Teedubya. Why would he say their response was to the fans and not him?

He's saying that their apology was for the broader fan audience, because he'd already been bumped by them. He obviously couldn't see it.

007 09-11-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 8903161)
This is certainly a pivotal moment in Chiefs history. Tomorrow morning Pioli will be out in the driveway meekly waxing teedubya's car like Biff Tannen waxing George McFly's car.

If only we could go back and change one trivial thing in the past.

Demonpenz 09-11-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

dang have to go back and get the sports almanac.

007 09-11-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 8903167)
dang have to go back and get the sports almanac.

go back? why didn't you take it with you dumbass. :evil:

Ace Gunner 09-11-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPchief (Post 8903134)

That is class dawg.

Fish 09-11-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 8903163)
He's saying that their apology was for the broader fan audience, because he'd already been bumped by them. He obviously couldn't see it.

I think it may be that I do not understand how Twitter works... my bad..

L.A. Chieffan 09-11-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

LMAO

Uhh Now Scott, that's TWO coats of wax right?

Just finishing the second coat now Mr. Ari

Scott...

I mean just starting, just starting

Ace Gunner 09-11-2012 10:02 PM

"I have for you and your wonderful family, a season pass to the club section, my friend. You've seen those seats -- they're nice .... !! ..."

LiL stumppy 09-11-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8903179)
LMAO

Uhh Now Scott, that's TWO coats of wax right?

Just finishing the second coat now Mr. Ari

Scott...

I mean just starting, just starting

LMAO

DaneMcCloud 09-11-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 8903118)
Absolutely but...

Let me clarify. I don't think the Chiefs organization, nor 80% of our fans understand what kind of potential Twitter has. Nor do I think they understand it's use today. Most of our fans cannot grasp the possibilities that social media presents.

Wow. That is just...insane.

smittysbar 09-11-2012 10:07 PM

This shit is absolutely hilarious!!!!!!!

WilliamTheIrish 09-11-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8903093)
Do you really think the number is that high? I'm not disputing it, I'm just surprised.

Twitter is as important, or more so, than any single or conglomerate of websites, including Facebook, for news of the world.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Me
Absolutely but...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru
Twitter language makes no sense to me. I tried it for a while and got sick of hearing what everyone was doing every minute of the day. Swimming through all the worthless post for the occasional nugget seems like a waste.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8903113)
Not for me. The language is what it is because of the 140 character limit.

I follow just about every sport writer, tons of actors, directors, colleagues, so on and so forth and I love it. Instant, quick information with no "Chiefzilla-style" verbosity.

The prosecution rests, your honor. It's like getting people to understand al jazeera (america or aj Japan) network. "It's mooslim"!! No, it's very well respected as a news outlet. But you know the reaction you get just from the name.

LMAO at chiefzilla. I look at those posts and just go "wall of text"... Next post".

I signed up in 2007. If I'm not mistaken, I think Ari started a thread about Twitter around that same time. Like you Dane, I follow major news outlets, favorite writers in sports, and some folks who interest me around the world.

It's actually how I found out about the tsunami in Japan as my feed went freaking nuts at 0200 that morning. I woke up trying to find it on the news but it wasn't announced for another twenty minutes. Incredible medium for sure.

NewChief 09-11-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 8903192)
The prosecution rests, your honor. It's like getting people to understand al jazeera (america or aj Japan) network. "It's mooslim"!! No, it's very well respected as a news outlet. But you know the reaction you get just from the name.

LMAO at chiefzilla. I look at those posts and just go "wall of text"... Next post".

I signed up in 2007. If I'm not mistaken, I think Ari started a thread about Twitter around that same time. Like you Dane, I follow major news outlets, favorite writers in sports, and some folks who interest me around the world.

It's actually how I found out about the tsunami in Japan as my feed went freaking nuts at 0200 that morning. I woke up trying to find it on the news but it wasn't announced for another twenty minutes. Incredible medium for sure.

I was a huge twitter user 4 or so years ago. My wife and I were both really big into it. Then it got very consuming, and it became difficult for me because many of my students began using twitter. It had become my outlet for my edgier personality, so I had to start self-monitoring. Then it was no longer that fun.

Anyway, it was all good back in the day, but I feel like it's going the same route of facebook and becoming passe and past the curve. Reddit/pinterest/instagram all seem to be a little more "cutting edge" at the moment, though I'm not really that interested in them either. In all honesty, I'm a little sick of social media, though I maintain an observational interest and keep up with the trends. I guess I'm getting old and out of touch or something.

DaneMcCloud 09-11-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8903204)
I was a huge twitter user 4 or so years ago. My wife and I were both really big into it. Then it got very consuming, and it became difficult for me because many of my students began using twitter. It had become my outlet for my edgier personality, so I had to start self-monitoring. Then it was no longer that fun.

Anyway, it was all good back in the day, but I feel like it's going the same route of facebook and becoming passe and past the curve. Reddit/pinterest/instagram all seem to be a little more "cutting edge" at the moment, though I'm not really that interested in them either. In all honesty, I'm a little sick of social media, though I maintain an observational interest and keep up with the trends. I guess I'm getting old and out of touch or something.

I use Twitter to follow current events and people that are fun (Steve Martin and Albert Brooks immediately come to mind). I have followers, yet Tweet rarely. It's kind of odd for me to tweet daily minutiae.

Plus, the pressure to say something witty or important is a little daunting, especially considering some of my followers.

WilliamTheIrish 09-11-2012 10:20 PM

I'm not big on posting snippets. Always been a passive user. really. And anymore, ChiefsandO'sfan posts all the national sports before i get a chance to read the feed.

NewChief 09-11-2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8903207)
I use Twitter to follow current events and people that are fun (Steve Martin and Albert Brooks immediately come to mind). I have followers, yet Tweet rarely. It's kind of odd for me to tweet daily minutiae.

Plus, the pressure to say something witty or important is a little daunting, especially considering some of my followers.

I had like 700 followers (not really many in teedubya terms, but my students are always impressed when I tell them I had that many). I used it to engage in local community building as well as discuss teaching politics and culture. As such, I was doing a lot of dialog and retweeting. But yeah, I should probably just create another account and use it passively. I definitely appreciate the medium, but I just haven't gotten back into it (probably because I feel like all the punkass kids got on it and ruined it for me).

WilliamTheIrish 09-11-2012 10:23 PM

Those damn kids. Pretty soon you'll be telling them to "get off my lawn".

NewChief 09-11-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 8903217)
Those damn kids. Pretty soon you'll be telling them to "get off my lawn".

Get off my internetz!! You're making it suck!

DaneMcCloud 09-11-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8903212)
I had like 700 followers (not really many in teedubya terms, but my students are always impressed when I tell them I had that many). I used it to engage in local community building as well as discuss teaching politics and culture. As such, I was doing a lot of dialog and retweeting. But yeah, I should probably just create another account and use it passively. I definitely appreciate the medium, but I just haven't gotten back into it (probably because I feel like all the punkass kids got on it and ruined it for me).

I have several people in the entertainment industry, including a few big companies that follow. With that being the case, I'm hesitant to post anything of real value or something worthwhile, other than the occasional status update.

I don't want one of these companies to call for project or whatever, then read something objectionable on my Twitter account.

So, I just talk shit here. :D

tk13 09-11-2012 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8903207)

That never stops you on here. Why start now?

:)

Phobia 09-11-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8903139)
Where is Teller?

Heh. He gets that quite a bit... as you can probably imagine.

clyde05 09-11-2012 11:40 PM

It's amazing how much attention this got, was bad response by chiefs though, but I live in near Tampa and I get home from work and I see it on a local site. the power of the Planet.

pimpchief 09-12-2012 12:03 AM

Fitting this is followed up by the deer story.

Phobia 09-12-2012 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clyde05 (Post 8903321)
the power of the Planet.

I'm not suggesting the Planet hasn't flexed a little muscle in the past but I think you're mis-reading the Planet's involvement in this instance. Aside from a few Planeteers contributing to the viral nature of this episode and the fact Teedubya happens to have an account here, most of this took place on social media sites such as Twitter, Reddit, and facebook.

Dylan 09-12-2012 12:16 AM

Quote:

"In the Twitter age, everyone has an audience -- mine happens to be over 120,000," he said. "Now, every voice can be heard."
That is great! Unprecedented.

In the Twitter age, sports teams can no longer claim to be the voice of the fan.

Social media gives fans an opportunity to hold teams accountable for their failures. Fan power is absolutely changing the sport itself.

http://www.sportsfangraph.com/team/kansas-city-chiefs

Dylan 09-12-2012 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8902987)
Ask and ye shall receive.

http://i51.tinypic.com/24epe1y.gif

LMAO

BWillie 09-12-2012 01:06 AM

Good lord, how did teedubya get so many twitter followers...surely not all from this little spif. 123k and counting

Phobia 09-12-2012 01:16 AM

Early adopter and active tweeter. He's talked about it plenty on this site.

BryanBusby 09-12-2012 01:23 AM

Maybe Looney just got tired of hearing about HAARP rings?

SPchief 09-12-2012 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 8903360)
Good lord, how did teedubya get so many twitter followers...surely not all from this little spif. 123k and counting

It's kind of his job, albiet not to get people to follow him personally

Fritz88 09-12-2012 03:08 AM

ROFL @ Midwestern values.
Posted via Mobile Device

Saulbadguy 09-12-2012 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 8903157)

Because he's a douchebag.

Saulbadguy 09-12-2012 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 8903360)

He was an early adopter plus roughly 25% of them aren't real accounts, hth.

Mr. Flopnuts 09-12-2012 05:23 AM

LOL, he's down at WDAF Fox 4 right this second giving another interview. He may come on here later on today and take some abuse from the haters.

I was so active online with this last night because it pissed me off. When you've lost more games than any other team in the AFC since 2007 you shouldn't talk that way to someone because they call you cheap. So, I posted it like wildfire everywhere. He didn't need me though, dude has 20k more twitter followers than an NFL team for Christ's sake.

Saulbadguy 09-12-2012 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8903425)
LOL, he's down at WDAF Fox 4 right this second giving another interview. He may come on here later on today and take some abuse from the haters.

I was so active online with this last night because it pissed me off. When you've lost more games than any other team in the AFC since 2007 you shouldn't talk that way to someone because they call you cheap. So, I posted it like wildfire everywhere. He didn't need me though, dude has 20k more twitter followers than an NFL team for Christ's sake.

:LOL:

Edit: Also, jesus christ. This is just some dumbass intern who got pissed and let loose on a "fan"

Mr. Flopnuts 09-12-2012 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8903427)

Edit: Also, jesus christ. This is just some dumbass intern who got pissed and let loose on a "fan"

Yeah. See, that's part of what pissed me off so much. They give some kid access to the official twitter account, without some pretty specific instruction on how to handle himself. Total bullshit.

Saulbadguy 09-12-2012 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8903429)
Yeah. See, that's part of what pissed me off so much. They give some kid access to the official twitter account, without some pretty specific instruction on how to handle himself. Total bullshit.

Perhaps they had guidelines, but he didn't follow them?

It happens. It's unfortunate for him that he had to pick the dweeb he picked to DM.

Mr. Flopnuts 09-12-2012 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8903433)
Perhaps they had guidelines, but he didn't follow them?

It happens. It's unfortunate for him that he had to pick the dweeb he picked to DM.

Could be. Good lesson for the club though. Social media is becoming more and more powerful everyday. I take it you and Teedub don't have drinks together?

Hammock Parties 09-12-2012 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8903435)
Could be. Good lesson for the club though.

This club has a learning disability.

Demonpenz 09-12-2012 06:32 AM

I have to laugh my ass off at the idea at the chiefs using twitter correctly. Can't even get cell service at the games.

KCUnited 09-12-2012 06:40 AM

You are a Twitter Feed of Sadness!

Hammock Parties 09-12-2012 06:53 AM

Holy shit.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...88637851_o.jpg

Hammock Parties 09-12-2012 06:54 AM

<script src="http://player.ooyala.com/player.js?video_pcode=o3ZXA6AW_ODSH73PHaEhBxcqUpwq&height=360&embedCode=ZoaTN2NTrqgZzUs9a6bZbvwcQzC7 sC0D&deepLinkEmbedCode=ZoaTN2NTrqgZzUs9a6bZbvwcQzC7sC0D&width=640"></script>

Hammock Parties 09-12-2012 06:56 AM

I was like WHOAAAAAAAAAAAA

BoneKrusher 09-12-2012 06:58 AM

is that Teedubya to the right?

Hammock Parties 09-12-2012 06:59 AM

You should have said something about your free Chiefs experiences.

Hammock Parties 09-12-2012 07:05 AM

http://i.imgur.com/0aMNt.gif

WilliamTheIrish 09-12-2012 07:06 AM

Do we have a new GM yet?

WilliamTheIrish 09-12-2012 07:07 AM

OMG Clay... That's hilarious.

htismaqe 09-12-2012 07:07 AM

Quote:

Companies have a responsibility to teach their employees how to properly use social media - improper use can lead to PR problem like this one. Or worse.

I work for a Fortune 10 company. We have to take mandatory training on how to use, and not use, social media while representing the company.

This really isn't about the message itself.

Deberg_1990 09-12-2012 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 8903124)
@KipWinger Thanks to my Loyal fans out there there that know more songs by me other than #Seventeen

ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

NewChief 09-12-2012 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8903484)

ROFL

Johnny Vegas 09-12-2012 07:20 AM

I'm sorry but if Travis teaches social media ethics to other brands what exactly did his tweet embody? The very same thing he's complaining about on what brands shouldn't do with responses like he made. I was like whooaaa.

Bob Dole 09-12-2012 07:23 AM

http://writingishard.files.wordpress...9_1008_566.jpg

Look! Look! Come see the arrogance inherent in The System!

Lzen 09-12-2012 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 8902497)
Heh...

Micjones 09-12-2012 07:30 AM

Why would you send a tweet like that to the organization's Twitter account anyway?

It's not like Scott Pioli's behind it.

Bewbies 09-12-2012 07:31 AM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ue-on-twitter/

Bwana 09-12-2012 07:32 AM

Quote:

LMAO

"And the mother ship came down and sucked me up. The next thing I remember, I woke up on a table looking at a creature holding a two foot probe. I was like Woooooooooooooooooo!"

Bearcat 09-12-2012 07:32 AM

Quote:

He didn't mean for it to become a shit storm.

htismaqe 09-12-2012 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8903508)
Why would you send a tweet like that to the organization's Twitter account anyway?

It's not like Scott Pioli's behind it.

Because that's the WHOLE REASON for the team to have a Twitter account?

JFC

Dante84 09-12-2012 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 8903511)

YEEEEEEEAHHHHHHH

BOYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!
Quote:

When a longtime Chiefs fan named Travis Wright got frustrated by Sunday’s loss to the Falcons, he took to Twitter to declare that he couldn’t be much of a fan anymore, accusing owner Clark Hunt of being cheap and adding an obscenity.

When the Chiefs employee who handles Twitter for the team saw that, he took umbrage and sent a private direct message to Wright, telling him to “get a clue.” That wasn’t very smart, because Wright posted the message on Reddit, where hundreds of people ripped the Chiefs for their poor fan relations.

Eventually, the employee who runs the Chiefs’ Twitter (whose name hasn’t been released publicly) tweeted this apology: IMAGE

Wright told KSHB in Kansas City that the Chiefs didn’t apologize to him personally, and they’ve blocked him from seeing their Twitter messages.

“The funny thing about [the apology] is that I personally didn’t see it,” Wright said. “They didn’t apologize to me, they apologized to everyone else because of the backlash.”

The incident is reminiscent of the time in 2008 when then-Browns General Manager Phil Savage responded to a critical e-mail from a fan by e-mailing him back and saying, “Go root for Buffalo-f#@* you-.” Team employees at all levels would be wise to learn that if a fan rips you online, you’re best off ignoring it.

Reerun_KC 09-12-2012 07:53 AM

This is pretty cool.

Dante84 09-12-2012 07:54 AM

Quote:

Watch the gif while the music plays. So good.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oXGaB6WDJ5k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Saulbadguy 09-12-2012 07:54 AM

Following the Royals social media accounts is a blast.

NewChief 09-12-2012 08:00 AM

And then I saw those ring things on the radar and saw where the tornadoes were popping up and I was....

http://i.imgur.com/0aMNt.gif

HemiEd 09-12-2012 08:00 AM

cool thread, good read.

what is twitter?

Rasputin 09-12-2012 08:02 AM

Quote:

http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/s...enn_teller.gif

He does a great Penn impersonatation

seclark 09-12-2012 08:02 AM

i'm proud to say that tdub once told me to eat a bag of dicks.;)
sec