ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Jadeveon Clowney should lawyer up, challenge nonsensical 'three-years-out' rule (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269998)

DJ's left nut 02-17-2013 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9405947)
And they're all from 2009.

I was off this turd's bandwagon after that Bills game in 2010.

Your post was bullshit.

No, it really wasn't.

Like I said, not being the last idiot on the bandwagon doesn't mean you weren't just another shill that had to be force-fed reality.

Again, your track record speaks for itself. LJ, Herm, Cassel, Balla-ass GM, on and on it goes.

There are people on this board who, when they speak ahead of time ought be listened to because they generally have a pulse for these things before they're fairly obvious to all but the recently deceased. You are not one of those people. You're just the loudest of the Johnny-come-lately bandwagon jumpers and one of the only ones that is so completely lacking in self-awareness that you'll claim credit for the prescience of those that came before you (many of whom you mocked before your 'change of heart').

You're a pawn, really. A footsoldier. You're a useful ally in that, when you finally have reality shoved down your throat, you can make some slick little .gifs and videos to help buttress an argument.

But as far as trying to actually stake a high-ground and then somehow condescend towards people that disagree with you? Sorry sport, you have nowhere near the bona fides to pull that one off.

But hey, if we need someone to use their premium account to rattle off the PFF ratings complied by actual creative minds that came up with an idea of their own, we'll be sure to let you know.

DaneMcCloud 02-17-2013 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9409747)
No, it really wasn't.

Like I said, not being the last idiot on the bandwagon doesn't mean you weren't just another shill that had to be force-fed reality.

Again, your track record speaks for itself. LJ, Herm, Cassel, Balla-ass GM, on and on it goes.

There are people on this board who, when they speak ahead of time ought be listened to because they generally have a pulse for these things before they're fairly obvious to all but the recently deceased. You are not one of those people. You're just the loudest of the Johnny-come-lately bandwagon jumpers and one of the only ones that is so completely lacking in self-awareness that you'll claim credit for the prescience of those that came before you (many of whom you mocked before your 'change of heart').

You're a pawn, really. A footsoldier. You're a useful ally in that, when you finally have reality shoved down your throat, you can make some slick little .gifs and videos to help buttress an argument.

But as far as trying to actually stake a high-ground and then somehow condescend towards people that disagree with you? Sorry sport, you have nowhere near the bona fides to pull that one off.

But hey, if we need someone to use their premium account to rattle off the PFF ratings complied by actual creative minds that came up with an idea of their own, we'll be sure to let you know.

boom

B14ckmon 02-17-2013 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9406084)
I love what Clowney has to offer and if he were magically available I would probably be torn between him and Geno.

What if we just went to the podium this april and submitted a draft card that named Clowney? What would Goodell do with that shit?

Skip the Chiefs draft pick entirely. You have to declare for the draft to be drafted.

milkman 02-17-2013 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9401904)
He threw up a duck while in the grasp and the guy caught it with his helmet. In any other play, that's called in the grasp and the play is over.

I love your takes on here, but this isn't one of them. Calling that a well placed throw is just wow.

The Giants defense held the best offense of all time to 14 points.

Eli didn't make that throw while in the grasp.

The refs should have ruled in the grasp, but they didn't, so that's irrelevant.

He broke out of that tackle, broke out of containment to his right, set his feet and dropped a perfect floater over the head of the corner in front of Tyree and the safety breaking to the ball behind Tyree.

That was the perfect pass.

ChiefRocka 02-17-2013 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9409752)
boom

LMAO

Fat Elvis 02-17-2013 10:12 AM

What would be sweet is if Clowney challenged the three year rule, the ruling goes in his favor--but after the draft-- and he enters the supplemental draft. Weeeee!

With the first pick of the draft, the Chiefs select Geno Smith--and with the first pick of the supplemental draft, the Chiefs select Jadeveon Clowney.

Fat Elvis 02-17-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9410185)
What would be sweet is if Clowney challenged the three year rule, the ruling goes in his favor--but after the draft-- and he enters the supplemental draft. Weeeee!

With the first pick of the draft, the Chiefs select Geno Smith--and with the first pick of the supplemental draft, the Chiefs select Jadeveon Clowney.

Or would the Jags get the #1 pick in the supplemental draft?

Edit: It is a strange lottery system...that sucks

Brock 02-17-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9409747)
No, it really wasn't.

+

Bewbies 02-17-2013 10:32 AM

LMAO

Claythan is Blackbob. That's perfect!

Coogs 02-17-2013 11:18 AM

A few question here with regards to Clowney.

How does he fit in our 3-4 defense?

I have not seen him play much. From the clips a few posts back, he looks to be lining up as a 4-3 defensive end.

JJ Watt was 6-5, 290 comming out of Wisconsin. He is now listed as weighing 295.

Clowney is listed as 6-6, 256 in the OP.

At 256, as a DE in a 3-4, wouldn't that be asking a little much for Clowney to be making plays like Watt does in Houston's 3-4? Can Clowney be effective if he is asked to add 40 pounds?

Or, do we switch to the 4-3 defense if he were to be the pick?

And yes, I do understand it is not likely he will even be in the draft this April. But just in case he is, how does his talent translate into what we now run?

B14ckmon 02-17-2013 11:35 AM

It does not matter how Clowney fits your defense. You make your defense fit Clowney.

Coogs 02-17-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9410348)
It does not matter how Clowney fits your defense. You make your defense fit Clowney.

So we would switch to the 4-3?

chiefscafan 02-17-2013 11:38 AM

I agree but how does the supplemental draft work. Since we have the worst record do we get first dibs on him?

B14ckmon 02-17-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9410354)
So we would switch to the 4-3?

For arguably one of the best defensive prospect in nfl history? Yes.

I understand that the more casual CFB fans may have just found out about Clowney this year, but the kid has been a big deal since his senior year in HS.

Coogs 02-17-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9410364)
For arguably one of the best defensive prospect in nfl history? Yes.

I understand that the more casual CFB fans may have just found out about Clowney this year, but the kid has been a big deal since his senior year in HS.

Ok, thanks!