ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones (spoiler-free zone) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244344)

Swanman 06-07-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 9733640)
GRRM was on Conan last night. Lena Headley was on two nights ago also.

http://teamcoco.com/video/full-episo...sts-houndmouth

PS: Danny McBride will be on tonight, that should be decent.

The really good news in the interview with Martin is that it seems he fully recognizes and appreciates that he needs to get his fat ass moving on the final two books. If Winds of Winter ends up being 1,500 pages, wow.

mdchiefsfan 06-07-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 9735749)
The really good news in the interview with Martin is that it seems he fully recognizes and appreciates that he needs to get his fat ass moving on the final two books. If Winds of Winter ends up being 1,500 pages, wow.

I've heard rumors that he might go as far as four more books with all the content he is creating. no link, just talk amongst friends

DJ's left nut 06-07-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9735783)
I've heard rumors that he might go as far as four more books with all the content he is creating. no link, just talk amongst friends

I figured after Feast that there was no damn way he was going to get through this in 7 books.

He needs to write down the cliffs-notes version of the ending so that when he goes all Robert Jordan on the series and just refuses to wrap the damn thing up, he can die and someone can finally come in and finish the job.

mdchiefsfan 06-07-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9735823)
I figured after Feast that there was no damn way he was going to get through this in 7 books.

He needs to write down the cliffs-notes version of the ending so that when he goes all Robert Jordan on the series and just refuses to wrap the damn thing up, he can die and someone can finally come in and finish the job.

That is honestly my fear as well: he doesn't get it finished and we're left in the dark with this amazing setup for a story. He doesn't appear to be the healthiest person on the planet.

kcpasco 06-07-2013 10:59 AM

Martin already said he wouldn't let anyone else finish his story. If he croaks we are all screwed. And a man that size and age can go anytime.

DaFace 06-07-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 9735921)
Martin already said he wouldn't let anyone else finish his story. If he croaks we are all screwed. And a man that size and age can go anytime.

Mostly, anyway. He mentioned on Conan that he's shared the major plot points he has in mind with the show directors, so at least SOMEONE else out there knows how it ends.

mdchiefsfan 06-07-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9735936)
Mostly, anyway. He mentioned on Conan that he's shared the major plot points he has in mind with the show directors, so at least SOMEONE else out there knows how it ends.

This is a good thing to know. I was wondering if they were pigeon holing themselves into certain things by changing aspects from the book to the story such as them killing Jeyne in the show. I guess I know where that character is headed in the book now.

DJ's left nut 06-07-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9735987)
This is a good thing to know. I was wondering if they were pigeon holing themselves into certain things by changing aspects from the book to the story such as them killing Jeyne in the show. I guess I know where that character is headed in the book now.

Time to start paying attention to Rickon again, I guess.

He sure seems to be the logical 'Stark at Winterfell'.

Then again, the whole damn thing could simply fall apart at this point. Speculation seems pretty pointless when the guy has made it clear that he's willing to flip the entire thing on its ear whenever he eats a bad clam or something.

AphexPhin 06-08-2013 05:45 PM

still cant believe I havent seen this show yet. I was gonna watch it one night and I started the first episode but soon fell asleep lol. Not because the show was boring, I was just really tired.

I'll have to get around to watching it sometime soon.

GloucesterChief 06-08-2013 09:34 PM

The first episode of the series isn't that great because it has to introduce everybody. The second episode is much better.

ChiliConCarnage 06-09-2013 07:36 AM

I'm excited to see tonights episode and how they setup for next season.

KcMizzou 06-09-2013 04:10 PM

Noticed on the guide, tonight's episode is an hour and ten minutes.

Just a heads up for anybody DVRing.

Baby Lee 06-09-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage (Post 9738749)
I'm excited to see tonights episode and how they setup for next season.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 9739557)
Noticed on the guide, tonight's episode is an hour and ten minutes.

Just a heads up for anybody DVRing.

Guess they wanted to be sure to have enough time to set up some things

Spoiler!

of time.

MMXcalibur 06-09-2013 11:15 PM

Underwhelming season finale....but I suppose the stage is just being set for Season 4.

KevB 06-09-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 9740598)
Underwhelming season finale....but I suppose the stage is just being set for Season 4.

The last episode has been a springboard to set up the next season each time now, so no big surprise. Still some meaty scenes. I enjoyed it, although the very ending with Danarys was a bit over dramatic IMO.