ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Nolan's Batman 3 Title (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=235884)

Tribal Warfare 10-27-2010 06:48 PM

Nolan's Batman 3 Title

Batman sequel 'Rises' again

LOS ANGELES - THE next Batman sequel has a title: The Dark Knight Rises. Distributor Warner Bros. confirmed the name for director Christopher Nolan's third adventure about the DC Comics vigilante hero, which follows Batman Begins in 2005 and The Dark Knight in 2008.

The Dark Knight Rises is due in theaters July 20, 2012. Bucking Hollywood's current wave of 3-D movies, Nolan is not planning to shoot the film in 3-D.

Warner Bros had agreed with Nolan's argument that the sequel should resist the 3-D craze, the director told the Los Angeles Times' Hero Complex blog, which first reported the title.

Nolan would not reveal what villain might appear in The Dark Knight Rises, but he said it would not be the Riddler, one of the key bad guys in the comics and past film and TV Batman tales.

Earlier this year, Nolan said he would not resurrect the Joker, the cackling villain played by Heath Ledger in The Dark Knight. Ledger won the supporting-actor Academy Award for the role, a year after he died of an accidental overdose of prescription drugs. -- AP

Deberg_1990 10-27-2010 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 7124159)
Bucking Hollywood's current wave of 3-D movies, Nolan is not planning to shoot the film in 3-D.

:clap:

Hug it Out Dan 10-27-2010 07:15 PM

"accidental overdose"

my ass......

I've heard Phillip Seymour Hoffman as the Penguin.....but that rumor was a LONG time ago.

keg in kc 10-27-2010 07:33 PM

I like the speculation that since the title from The Dark Knight was as much a reference to two-face as it was to Batman, that perhaps we'll again see him.

Valiant 10-27-2010 09:13 PM

Well it will be a villain that can be humanized without superpowers or crazy origins.. That is why I do not think it will be penguin..

Harley Quinn - Make it as Jokers lover or some hostage that went crazy and took over the role..

Bane - Just make him a roided out freak..

Tribal Warfare 10-27-2010 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 7124502)
Well it will be a villain that can be humanized without superpowers or crazy origins.. That is why I do not think it will be penguin..

Harley Quinn - Make it as Jokers lover or some hostage that went crazy and took over the role..

Bane - Just make him a roided out freak..

or Deathstroke

Valiant 10-27-2010 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 7124523)
or Deathstroke

yes.. good choice..

58kcfan89 10-27-2010 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7124266)
I like the speculation that since the title from The Dark Knight was as much a reference to two-face as it was to Batman, that perhaps we'll again see him.

Didn't they have a funeral for Dent at the end of TDK?

Two Face/Harvey Dent needed his own movie IMO.

007 10-27-2010 09:43 PM

I really don't like the title at all. Batman Begins. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Rises? WTF?

Oh, and thank you Mr. Nolan for NOT getting on the 3D bus.

Buck 10-27-2010 09:56 PM

Could be Black Mask or possibly Killer Croc.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tribal Warfare 10-27-2010 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7124590)
Could be Black Mask or possibly Killer Croc.
Posted via Mobile Device

Killer Croc, not happening but Black Mask could since the Joker killed off the criminal underworld thus leaving that option ready to be exploited.

Direckshun 10-27-2010 10:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
How do I feel about that one. Allow me a moment to ponder.

Valiant 10-27-2010 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58kcfan89 (Post 7124566)
Didn't they have a funeral for Dent at the end of TDK?

Two Face/Harvey Dent needed his own movie IMO.

The second one was suppose to be about him.. But Ledger died and they reworked from what I read when it was coming out..

DaneMcCloud 10-27-2010 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laces Out Dan (Post 7124220)
"accidental overdose"

So you're claiming it was suicide?

What?

DaneMcCloud 10-27-2010 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 7124620)
The second one was suppose to be about him.. But Ledger died and they reworked from what I read when it was coming out..

Sorry Dude, but this is categorically untrue.

The villain and focus of the film was always The Joker. They spent years prepping, shooting, editing and composing the score for this film (TWO composers shared credit although as many as twelve worked on the score).

Christopher Nolan didn't just change the "focus" of the film 5 months before the release date because Ledger tragically passed away.