ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs yardbarker suggests Chiefs might draft Bridgewater (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283002)

King_Chief_Fan 04-14-2014 05:35 PM

yardbarker suggests Chiefs might draft Bridgewater

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articl...water/16262974

Bob Dole 04-14-2014 05:38 PM

Thanks for a link to a link.

Rasputin 04-14-2014 05:55 PM

I'd like it to happen but I know it wont. Chiefs wont be drafting a quarterback with the First and Third round picks. Bridgewater may not even be there at our first pick we would have to move up and no chance for that.

keg in kc 04-14-2014 05:57 PM

Was actually contemplating this the other night while watching John Clayton talk about him, and the viability of spending our only high pick on a guy unlikely to contribute at all for the next 4 years (assuming Smith's extension as I do). Personally I'd like it but it would bug a certain portion of the fan base to no end. Don't really think there's much chance the team goes that route in any case.

SPchief 04-14-2014 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 10562672)
Thanks for a link to a link.

It's actually a link to a link to a link to pro sports daily

saphojunkie 04-14-2014 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPchief (Post 10562699)
It's actually a link to a link to a link to pro sports daily

That references an ESPN article. By Adam Teicher.

Here's the full text of this nonsense:

Quote:

NFL Draft Rumors: Kansas City Chiefs may draft Teddy Bridgewater
4 0 PLUS FANCRED 8
BY JOSH HILL - APR 13TH, 2014 AT 3:38 PM

The Kansas City Chiefs are in a situation where they need to make their draft picks this year — the few of them that they have — count for something towards the future. While this has many fans thinking about defensive backs and wide receivers at the end of the first-round, beat writer Terez Paylor has another idea.

After the success of Alex Smith in 2013, Chiefs fans can rest easy about the situation under center but a long term quarterback of the future is needed and a Teddy Bridgewater slide on the first day could greatly benefit the Chiefs.

Per ESPN.com:

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam teicher

The Chiefs would have to be seriously tempted by Manziel. While he’s certainly a risky pick, he has uncommon ability, so the Chiefs might have difficulty passing him up. Bridgewater might be a safer pick than Manziel but his potential isn’t as great, so I don’t see the Chiefs going with him. The Chiefs don’t have a second-round pick, so there’s a chance the only player they get from this draft who has a major impact is the first-round choice.

This is an interesting and outside the box choice, as it’s not an immediate position of need for the Chiefs. But Bridgewater isn’t the worst option when it comes to quarterbacks and getting him as a steal at the end of the first and letting Andy Reid develop him is something that sounds pretty good.

chiefzilla1501 04-14-2014 06:01 PM

Unless you have Peyton Manning at 25 years old, keep drafting QBs. Even if you have Peyton Manning at 25, keep drafting QBs who aren't first rounders. I'm not a huge fan of Bridgewater. But a young QB is a young QB.

Jerm 04-14-2014 06:10 PM

I wouldn't pass on either Manziel or Bridgewater if they fell...it's the perfect situation for a young QB to come in and learn.

htismaqe 04-14-2014 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10562695)
Was actually contemplating this the other night while watching John Clayton talk about him, and the viability of spending our only high pick on a guy unlikely to contribute at all for the next 4 years (assuming Smith's extension as I do). Personally I'd like it but it would bug a certain portion of the fan base to no end. Don't really think there's much chance the team goes that route in any case.

Kind of surprised we haven't heard anything about an extension yet.

Anyong Bluth 04-14-2014 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10562730)
Kind of surprised we haven't heard anything about an extension yet.

They agreed on an extension to the extension talks.

TribalElder 04-14-2014 06:15 PM

Feces feces everywhere all over the linens

chiefzilla1501 04-14-2014 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10562734)
They agreed on an extension to the extension talks.

Do you have a link to a link to confirm this?

ping2000 04-14-2014 06:19 PM

Guy sucks balls. Please God no.

Direckshun 04-14-2014 06:19 PM

So, if I can paraphrase this thread:

Adam Teicher said he doesn't see the Chiefs going with Bridgewater.

So someone writes an article citing that exact quote to suggest the Chiefs might go with Bridgewater.

Is that accurate?

Because if it is, this is trending dangerously close to a nuthooks situation.

Hammock Parties 04-14-2014 06:21 PM

one gold-toof dawg laser slinga is as good as another