ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ****THE OFFICIAL DRAFT TYLER BRAY THREAD**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269117)

Mr_Tomahawk 01-20-2013 03:57 PM

****THE OFFICIAL DRAFT TYLER BRAY THREAD****

Because it just might happen...

I know we have Bray threads...but we need an "OFFICIAL" one...
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VwvGZmotfBI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

**EDIT** I am talking about selecting him in the 2nd round as I do not think we draft a QB with the #1 overall pick***

Bewbies 01-20-2013 03:58 PM

I think he'll be drafted, high. But, if he were to fall and we were going to do the Redskins and draft a backup as well Bray would be the one I'd want.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-20-2013 04:00 PM

I stated in another thread that I am starting to accept the fact that we probably aren't going to pick a QB in the first. This regime should not be judged off of one draft pick. Now if we are still looking for a franchise QB in a couple of seasons and Wilson/Smith are making runs in the playoffs, that's another story...

I think it's time to start anticipating us drafting one of the 2nd/3rd rnd graded QBs. That said...I would be happy if we selecting Bray in either of these round. Even if he has queer-ass tattoo across his back...

jd1020 01-20-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 9335857)
I think he'll be drafted, high. But, if he were to fall and we were going to do the Redskins and draft a backup as well Bray would be the one I'd want.

I think if we were going to draft Bray it would be more of a Bengals situation than Redskins.

Pass on QB in the first and draft one in early in the 2nd round.

Mecca 01-20-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9335860)
I stated in another thread that I am starting to accept the fact that we probably aren't going to pick a QB in the first. This regime should not be judged off of one draft pick. Now if we are still looking for a franchise QB in a couple of seasons and Wilson/Smith are making runs in the playoffs, that's another story...

I think it's time to start anticipating us drafting one of the 2nd/3rd rnd graded QBs. That said...I would be happy if we selecting Bray in either of these round. Even if he has queer-ass tattoo across his back...

Based on what? Talk radio guys who don't know shit? Making a statement like that now is humorous since the draft is so far out.

Rasputin 01-20-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 9335857)

This would be fine with me as a backup to Geno Smith.

Bewbies 01-20-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

What has you convinced of this?

farmerchief 01-20-2013 04:05 PM

That clip kind of shows what some scouting reports have noted, needs to work on his accuracy, as sometimes misses "high". Everything else, I like about him...

BigMeatballDave 01-20-2013 04:08 PM

Someone post that douchey tattoo he has.

Bewbies 01-20-2013 04:08 PM

Bray's ceiling is sky high, and I've stated on here many times that I like him as a prospect.

HOWEVER, when you hold the #1 overall pick you have to get the best player available at the most important position. We have to get our hands on the best QB prospect in the draft, and I don't think that's Bray.

The biggest question for me with Bray isn't his maturity level (cause I'll never, ever know that), but it's whether all the losing in Knoxville was his fault, or his dumbass coach. It's entirely possible that Bray was held way back by a shit coaching staff and he's better than we've seen....

BigMeatballDave 01-20-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

:facepalm: It's way too soon to assume what they're doing 3 months from now.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-20-2013 04:16 PM

People are fooling themselves if they think that Dorsey isn't going to pick the BPA or if they think Geno is the BPA...

Mecca 01-20-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9335951)
People are fooling themselves if they think that Dorsey isn't going to pick the BPA or if they think Geno is the BPA...

The BPA today and the BPA on draft day won't be the same, it's guaranteed.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-20-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9335959)
The BPA today and the BPA on draft day won't be the same, it's guaranteed.

Will the combine and individual workouts be enough to raise him to the consensus #1 when he isn't playing in the senior bowl...?

Bewbies 01-20-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9335975)
Will the combine and individual workouts be enough to raise him to the consensus #1 when he isn't playing in the senior bowl...?

Who says he isn't there now?

Mel Kiper isn't being paid millions by a team to make that call you know...