ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs I think it's gonna be Barkley. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266588)

Gravedigger 11-14-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 9117517)
That said I think he is cerebral with his throws..[/QUOTE]

You keep using this word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

You don't by any chance happen to have six fingers on your right hand?

Gravedigger 11-14-2012 11:18 AM

I'd be down with Chip Kelly and Barkley or Smith. I think if we could make it rain all day, we would get the most out of Jamaal Charles and Payton Hillis, people need to fear our passing game.

InChiefsHeaven 11-14-2012 12:05 PM

His highlights look pretty damn impressive to me. I'd take him with no argument. But, I'll take Smith and Wilson too...so there's that.

Frosty 11-14-2012 12:07 PM

I've never been a big fan of Barkley but I do think he will be a solid, if unspectacular, QB in the NFL. IMO, he has the highest floor/lowest ceiling of the top three. The Chiefs just need to take a chance with one of them and just forget about trying to go with one of the 2nd/3rd tier guys in the later rounds.

InChiefsHeaven 11-14-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9118350)
I've never been a big fan of Barkley but I do think he will be a solid, if unspectacular, QB in the NFL. IMO, he has the highest floor/lowest ceiling of the top three. The Chiefs just need to take a chance with one of them and just forget about trying to go with one of the 2nd/3rd tier guys in the later rounds.

Actually, they should do both, and have Stanzi compete. Clear out all the old farts and start fresh.

Frosty 11-14-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 9118359)
Actually, they should do both, and have Stanzi compete. Clear out all the old farts and start fresh.

I would love to do what the 'Skins did and take two QBs in the draft. The problem is that there are so many holes on this team, especially if Bowe and Dorsey leave, and only so many picks. Plus, it would be tough for a new coach/GM to go into a season with three QB's that have never taken a snap in the NFL. They will probably sign an aging veteran to be the primary back up and keep Stanzi or Tanney as #3.

InChiefsHeaven 11-14-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9118369)
I would love to do what the 'Skins did and take two QBs in the draft. The problem is that there are so many holes on this team, especially if Bowe and Dorsey leave, and only so many picks. Plus, it would be tough for a new coach/GM to go into a season with three QB's that have never taken a snap in the NFL. They will probably sign an aging veteran to be the primary back up and keep Stanzi or Tanney as #3.

Well yeah...I'm hoping we get a new GM, he re-signs Bowe...not sure if I care bout Dorsey...and get a late round QB like Stanzi. Youth movement, without the Herm stank.

Buckweath 11-14-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9118369)

Bowe will get the franchise tag if he wants to leave. He could only be let go if Baldwin proved to be a #1 receiver this year, which hasn't happened possibly partly because of Cassell but still... you keep Bowe at all costs.

OzarksChiefsFan 11-14-2012 01:10 PM

I kind of liked what I saw of Bray against Missouri. Big arm and accurate,stands tall in the pocket and sees the field well.(reminds me of Mallet) Actually looks downfield(unlike Cassel).

I don't normally like the tall guys but he was impressive to me. I have watched Glennon a couple of times and I don't see how anyone see's Flaco in him.

Barkley has a high floor low ceiling like Sanchez. More upside with Smith, I have watched Wilson and remain unimpressed.

DaKCMan AP 11-14-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 9118446)
Bowe will get the franchise tag if he wants to leave. He could only be let go if Baldwin proved to be a #1 receiver this year, which hasn't happened possibly partly because of Cassell but still... you keep Bowe at all costs.

Then you have to sign Albert long term first.

Nightfyre 11-14-2012 01:13 PM

It might be blasphemy, but I would rather draft Jarvis Jones than Matt Barkley. However, drafting Barkley would be a huge win in my mind just as a change in organizational philosophy.

Rasputin 11-14-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 9117517)
That said I think he is cerebral with his throws..[/QUOTE]

You keep using this word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

1. Cerebral Assassin A description for one who has superior intellect and utilizes their abilities to outwit any opponent in a competition.

Well this is the meaning I was trying to make in my post that Dane McCloud ignored. He gets his offense rolling that puts up points on a high level of play.

mr. tegu 11-14-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OzarksChiefsFan (Post 9118452)
I kind of liked what I saw of Bray against Missouri. Big arm and accurate,stands tall in the pocket and sees the field well.(reminds me of Mallet) Actually looks downfield(unlike Cassel).

I don't normally like the tall guys but he was impressive to me. I have watched Glennon a couple of times and I don't see how anyone see's Flaco in him.

Barkley has a high floor low ceiling like Sanchez. More upside with Smith, I have watched Wilson and remain unimpressed.

Why is it that he reminds you of Mallet is a good thing? And since when does Sanchez have a high floor? ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-14-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9116351)
Not sold on Barkley. Need someone who can perform without uber talent around him.

Uh, yeah; look to the left of this post for the answer to that question.

Chris Meck 11-15-2012 02:07 AM

Oh I definitely think Barkley will be a better pro than Sanchez. He's WAY more experienced, for starters.