ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Is the Number 1 Pick In Jeopardy? Let's Look At the Schedule... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266780)

RINGLEADER 11-18-2012 09:03 PM

Is the Number 1 Pick In Jeopardy? Let's Look At the Schedule...

The Chiefs' final six games are:

DEN @ KC
CAR @ KC
KC @ CLE
KC @ OAK
IND @ KC
KC @ DEN

My prediction is...

Ass-raping
Possibility for a win - Carolina has had more creative losses this year then the Chiefs
Ass-raping
I would say ass-raping, but it is the Raiders
Ass-raping
Major pile-driving ass-raping with a nail covered broom handle (unless they have nothing to play for and rest their starters, in which case it is a normal ass-raping)

I think the number one pick will probably boil down to who wins in the Carolina/KC game two weeks from today...

ShowtimeSBMVP 11-18-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 9131678)

DEN @ KC L
CAR @ KC L
KC @ CLE L
KC @ OAK L
IND @ KC L
KC @ DEN IDK

My prediction is...

Ass-raping
Good chance for win - Carolina has had more creative losses this year then the Chiefs
Ass-raping
Ass-raping
Major pile-driving ass-raping with a nail covered broom handle

I think the number one pick will probably boil down to who wins in the Carolina/KC game two weeks from today...

Only game I'm scared of is the last one. Denver is gonna have nothing to play for. Then again Denver backups could beat the chiefs.

RINGLEADER 11-18-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9131681)
Only game I'm scared of is the last one. Denver is gonna have nothing to play for. Then again Denver backups could beat the chiefs.

Fixed my post...

DaneMcCloud 11-18-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

DEN @ KC
CAR @ KC
KC @ CLE
KC @ OAK
IND @ KC
KC @ DEN

My prediction is...

Ass-raping
Possibility for a win - Carolina has had more creative losses this year then the Chiefs
Ass-raping
Ass-raping
Major pile-driving ass-raping with a nail covered broom handle

Carolina will score at least three touchdowns while the Chiefs will be lucky to get a field goal.

The Chiefs will finish 1-15.

DaneMcCloud 11-18-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Then again Denver backups could beat the chiefs.

Their backups will most certainly beat the Chiefs and the game is in Denver.

RealSNR 11-18-2012 09:06 PM

Carolina matches up very well with us. They should get a W out of us.

If that happens, then the Browns game doesn't matter. Even if we win, we just have to lose the rest of our games and we hold the tiebreaker over everybody except Jacksonville, who needs to win in order to tie at 2-14.

BigRedChief 11-18-2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9131688)
The Chiefs will finish 1-15.

So will Jacksonville. Anyone know the tie breaker for that scenario?

beach tribe 11-18-2012 09:08 PM

Carolina is not taking a QB so who cares?
Edit. Jax. Duh.

ShowtimeSBMVP 11-18-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9131697)
So will Jacksonville.

Jags beat Tenn this week watch.

Mr_Tomahawk 11-18-2012 09:08 PM

No.

DaneMcCloud 11-18-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9131697)
So will Jacksonville.

I'm not so sure about. They fought in overtime in Houston so I wouldn't be shocked to see them beat the Titans.

But if both teams finish 1-15, the Chiefs choose first due to strength of schedule.

RealSNR 11-18-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 9131701)

I don't trust any of these teams to not accept a billion picks for a trade down ala St. Louis.

If somebody throws the farm at Carolina, they'd be foolish not to accept.

HonestChieffan 11-18-2012 09:10 PM

Appleton Coty Mo high school could beat the Chiefs

FringeNC 11-18-2012 09:10 PM

Ringleader, from your predictions, perhaps SOC next move should be to throw tubes of Anal-ease onto the field.

BossChief 11-18-2012 09:11 PM

Jacksonvilles remaining schedule:

TENNESSEE
@Buffalo
JETS
@Miami
Patriots
@Tennessee

I think they will get at least 1 more win, possibly two. Especially if Henne is the starter from here on out.

The only gimme loss for them is the NE game.

BigRedChief 11-18-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9131708)
But if both teams finish 1-15, the Chiefs choose first due to strength of schedule.

Has this been confirmed?

Munson 11-18-2012 09:13 PM

Not worried. We won't win another game until the 2013 season.

Hammock Parties 11-18-2012 09:14 PM

If we drop the game in Cleveland, 1-15 is a lock.

Quinn is easily worse than Cassel, so hopefully the benching is permanent. I think Quinn could solidify 1-15. Cassel might have enough to beat Cleveland.

ShowtimeSBMVP 11-18-2012 09:15 PM

Wish they play Stanzi no way this team wins a game with him at QB.

RINGLEADER 11-18-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9131731)
Has this been confirmed?

According to this place on the Interwebs it is true...

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-dra...fl-draft-order

FlaChief58 11-18-2012 09:17 PM

The Carolina & Clevland games have me a little concerned but, when I look at how heartless this team is, the reality of a 1-15 season seems inevitable

Priest31kc 11-18-2012 09:17 PM

Im now convinced we're not winning another game this season, so its ours.

But obviously the Carolina & Cleveland games are huge. We're not beating Denver either time or Indy for sure. Oakland already beat us, they should again.

But ya we're not winning another game so nothing to worry about!

tredadda 11-18-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9131711)
I don't trust any of these teams to not accept a billion picks for a trade down ala St. Louis.

If somebody throws the farm at Carolina, they'd be foolish not to accept.

There is nobody in this draft worth giving up a ton of picks for.

The Bad Guy 11-18-2012 09:17 PM

Cleveland is light years ahead of this team.

Weeden gets a lot of shit, but I think the guy has made strides this year with next to no receivers to work with. Richardson is going to run for 150+ against this D.

Last game, Denver likely will be playing for a bye.

BossChief 11-18-2012 09:18 PM

Watch us and Jacksonville both drop our next 5 games and Elway tell his roster to throw the final game.

BigRedChief 11-18-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 9131748)
According to this place on the Interwebs it is true...

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-dra...fl-draft-order

Doesn't SOS change as they games are played or is SOS set before week one?

RINGLEADER 11-18-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9131754)
Cleveland is light years ahead of this team.

Weeden gets a lot of shit, but I think the guy has made strides this year with next to no receivers to work with. Richardson is going to run for 150+ against this D.

Agree on Weeden. He still makes first-year errors, but I've also seen him play some mean football...

RINGLEADER 11-18-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9131756)
Watch us and Jacksonville both drop our next 5 games and Elway tell his roster to throw the final game.

Would Jacksonville pick QB in the top spot even if they somehow got that pick? Are they happy with Gabbart or would they move on?

RealSNR 11-18-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9131753)
There is nobody in this draft worth giving up a ton of picks for.

Geno Smith.

He's the top QB in the draft and there are many teams who have no shot at him where they sit in the draft.

cdcox 11-18-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9131731)
Has this been confirmed?

It's true now and in 99% of the ways the season is most likely to play out. There is a 1% chance that enough games go a certain way so that Jacksonville has a weaker schedule by the end of the season.

Chief Roundup 11-18-2012 09:22 PM

The Browns game is the one that we have the best chance of winning remaining on our schedule.

Deberg_1990 11-18-2012 09:23 PM

No worries.......with this coaching staff + no QB , I don't expect us to win anymore games.

Half our team has their offseason vacations booked to Maui by now.

DaneMcCloud 11-18-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9131776)
The Browns game is the one that we have the best chance of winning remaining on our schedule.

Nope, not even close.

If there's a game that the Chiefs have an opportunity to win, it's Carolina, not on the road in Cleveland against an emerging QB and running back.

And Carolina will kick the shit out of the Chiefs, so it's all over but the shoutin'.

RunKC 11-18-2012 09:24 PM

There is no RG3 or Luck in this draft. Nobody is gonna trade the farm to move up to #1 for a QB in a class that's being hammered as shitty by the media.

If anything, a team will trade up for Jarvis Jones.

Jerm 11-18-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9131781)
There is no RG3 or Luck in this draft.

Wanna cry every time I read something like this and have to realize it...damn we were one year too late...

:shake:

FlaChief58 11-18-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

I've watched them a few times this year. They are WAY ahead of us despite their record. They will beat us to a pulp

DaneMcCloud 11-18-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 9131765)
Would Jacksonville pick QB in the top spot even if they somehow got that pick? Are they happy with Gabbart or would they move on?

Shad Khan will likely clean house at the end of the season, so that's up to the new GM. If they like someone, they'll draft him.

I know that if I were the GM, I wouldn't hitch my wagons to a guy that hasn't shown much of anything for two years.

tredadda 11-18-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 9131765)

I don't think they go QB. They will most likely try to give Gabbert more weapons. Apparently these QBs are underwhelming at least according to the experts. Not sure Jax will spend the #1 pick on any of them.

tredadda 11-18-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9131773)
Geno Smith.

He's the top QB in the draft and there are many teams who have no shot at him where they sit in the draft.

Geno is no RGIII or Luck, so again there is no team willing to give up as much if not more than Wash did last year for him.

tredadda 11-18-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

I think Oakland is our most winnable game left.

Chief Roundup 11-18-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9131780)
Nope, not even close.

If there's a game that the Chiefs have an opportunity to win, it's Carolina, not on the road in Cleveland against an emerging QB and running back.

And Carolina will kick the shit out of the Chiefs, so it's all over but the shoutin'.

I disagree. Weeden is a rook and who knows if Richardson will be healthy. I doubt we win any of them but the Browns are the weakest team on the remaining schedule.

Chief Roundup 11-18-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9131804)
I think Oakland is our most winnable game left.

Don't know about that they beat us by 10 in our house.

RunKC 11-18-2012 09:31 PM

The time to get a QB will be 2014 or 2015 when Johnny Manziel comes out.

RealSNR 11-18-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9131803)
Geno is no RGIII or Luck, so again there is no team willing to give up as much if not more than Wash did last year for him.

Geno Smith is a potential franchise QB with the tools.

A potential guy is a potential guy. If Carolina didn't need a guy so badly in 2011, I'll betcha a bunch of teams would have lined up trying to get a stab at Cam, even though he was a raw guy coming out of college.

And Geno Smith is 10x the passer Cam is, and has more experience.

Chief Roundup 11-18-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9131773)
Geno Smith.

He may or may not be the top QB but either way he is not Luck or RGIII.

whoman69 11-18-2012 09:43 PM

As long as the Chiefs QBs and coaches are afraid to throw the ball then this team stands no chance.

Rain Man 11-18-2012 09:58 PM

ringleader is a huge optimist.

DaneMcCloud 11-18-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9131805)
I disagree. Weeden is a rook and who knows if Richardson will be healthy. I doubt we win any of them but the Browns are the weakest team on the remaining schedule.

Clearly, you haven't watched the Browns, right?

If you have and still have this opinion, I'm sorry, but you're dumber than ****.

cdcox 11-18-2012 10:00 PM

Whoa. If we end up with the same record as Cleveland, they will draft before us 65% of the time. They are on track to have a weaker schedule than us in most of the ways the season is likely to finish.

tredadda 11-18-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9131820)
Geno Smith is a potential franchise QB with the tools.

A potential guy is a potential guy. If Carolina didn't need a guy so badly in 2011, I'll betcha a bunch of teams would have lined up trying to get a stab at Cam, even though he was a raw guy coming out of college.

And Geno Smith is 10x the passer Cam is, and has more experience.

He is still no Luck or RGIII so I highly doubt any team will be willing to give up as much if not more than Washington did for RGIII.

tredadda 11-18-2012 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9131809)
Don't know about that they beat us by 10 in our house.

As of late they usually do beat us in our house. They are still not a good team and one we are capable of beating relatively easily. They are probably the most winnable game we have left.

Jerm 11-18-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9131935)
He is still no Luck or RGIII so I highly doubt any team will be willing to give up as much if not more than Washington did for RGIII.

Outside of the running, he's every bit the QB that RGIII was coming out and even better in some aspects.

DaneMcCloud 11-18-2012 10:08 PM

I don't think that some of you guys are watching the Chiefs.

They lead the league with 31 turnovers. Both of their QB's suck.

Their defense tires easily because they're on the field constantly.

Their coach is FAR AND AWAY the worst in the league.

Thinking they'll win another game, especially on the road, is just ****ing dumb.

tredadda 11-18-2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 9131961)
Outside of the running, he's every bit the QB that RGIII was coming out and even better in some aspects.

I saw RGIII will his team to victories last year in spite of having a defense that was atrocious at best. Geno not so much. The wheels have fallen off that team and he has done nothing to stop it. Not that I would have an issue with us drafting Geno but he is no RGIII.

Jerm 11-18-2012 10:11 PM

And they've quit, we're going to get whitewashed off the field in every remaining game.

Cleveland is going to put a clown suit on us...T-Rich is going to be off and their front 7 is going to merc Cassel/Quinn/whoever the **** it is.

Carolina will do the same if they take the handcuffs off of Cam.

tredadda 11-18-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9131974)

Thinking they'll win another game, especially on the road, is just ****ing dumb.

And yet we almost beat Balt and Pitt (at Heinz field). Those teams were supposed to destroy them (as was NO), yet they almost won. Anything is possible.

JCharles1981 11-19-2012 05:22 AM

Knowing Pioli, if he's not interested in taking the top QB in next year's draft, he is going to try and push the Chiefs into winning at least one or two more games before this season's end. Or, at least enough to knock the team down into the 3rd or 4th spot. Hopefully though, he'll by gone by the start of 2013.

SCTrojan 11-19-2012 05:40 AM

They'll win the last four games in convincing fashion, get a draft position comfortably into the middle of the first round, and start the off-season with the mindset that there is no reason for any significant change. Just have to make some minor adjustments and ride all that momentum going into next season

seamonster 11-19-2012 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 9131961)

Wow.

Holladay 11-19-2012 06:48 AM

why? supposbly there is no "top field" QB to choose from. just our luck..the first time in (not sure when), we get a first round pick and there is no clear choice as to a QB.

Just our stinking luck

soopamanluva 11-19-2012 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9131974)

yep...

Chief Roundup 11-19-2012 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9131920)
Clearly, you haven't watched the Browns, right?

If you have and still have this opinion, I'm sorry, but you're dumber than ****.

No I haven't watched the Browns. They may be better than the Chiefs but any given sunday.
Like I said I don't think we win any of them. I just think that they are one of the weaker teams on our schedule. And our only win has been on the road this season. The Arrowhead advantage is gone.

Dude you are a fairly good poster but it definitely takes away from your posts that you generally have to throw some type of insult in.

BoneKrusher 11-19-2012 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9131722)
Jacksonvilles remaining schedule:

TENNESSEE
@Buffalo
JETS
@Miami
Patriots
@Tennessee

I think they will get at least 1 more win, possibly two. Especially if Henne is the starter from here on out.

The only gimme loss for them is the NE game.

Henning's stats looked great for the Jags yesterday vs the Houston defense.

if he remains the starter they will compete for several wins down the stretch IMO.

scho63 11-19-2012 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 9131701)
Edit. Jax. Duh.

I care because I don't want two or more teams ahead of us trading their pick to someone who steps in front of us to take a QB.....

dlphg9 11-19-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 9131713)
Appleton Coty Mo high school could beat the Chiefs

Where did this come from? How do you know Appleton City?

Chief3188 11-19-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Denver may have nothing to play for Division wise but they are not so far above New England and Baltimore that they won't possibly be fighting for a 1st round bye.

Ugly Duck 11-19-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief3188 (Post 9132680)
Denver may have nothing to play for Division wise but they are not so far above New England and Baltimore that they won't possibly be fighting for a 1st round bye.

Also.... don't over-estimate Oakland. Raiders recent defense is the worst in the league. Given up 135 points in the last three (3) games. Thats a factor that cannot be ignored.

Setsuna 11-19-2012 08:36 AM

Look at my Jags thread. It's not.

htismaqe 11-19-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugly Duck (Post 9132688)
Also.... don't over-estimate Oakland. Raiders recent defense is the worst in the league. Given up 135 points in the last three (3) games. Thats a factor that cannot be ignored.

Oakland already has too many wins. The only way they're getting in front of the Chiefs is with a trade.

htismaqe 11-19-2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 9132581)

if he remains the starter they will compete for several wins down the stretch IMO.

The Jags are about to submit to the classic self-defeating philosophy.

Gabbert is done. They're going to draft a QB.

But their backup is good enough to make sure they don't get the #1 pick.

the Talking Can 11-19-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9132769)
The Jags are about to submit to the classic self-defeating philosophy.

Gabbert is done. They're going to draft a QB.

But their backup is good enough to make sure they don't get the #1 pick.

yup....and I'm not certain they wouldn't stick with henne if he plays well

this is our year

Setsuna 11-19-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 9132581)

Several? He threw under 50%. More like a few. Don't think we have talent ANYWHERE else on our team.

Nightfyre 11-19-2012 09:27 AM

So, if we both lose out, surely we will win the strength of schedule battle, right?

NJChiefsFan 11-19-2012 09:38 AM

Henne and their schedule give me a little hope that they will give us some room for error. I will say that despite our play, since this is the Chiefs franchise we are talking about you have to worry that they will win a game for no reason other than ****ing themselves over in the draft.

The Rick 11-19-2012 10:13 AM

I'll admit I don't follow college football enough to have a strong opinion on how well any of them will fare in the pros, however, my fear is that we fans are so desperate for a franchise, 1st round QB that we're going to try to "make chicken salad out of chicken ****".

Not saying that Geno, Barkley, etc. don't have potential or that we should do anything other than take a chance. Just that of all the years for us to suck this bad, it's this year and not last year. :(

RINGLEADER 11-19-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rick (Post 9132961)
I'll admit I don't follow college football enough to have a strong opinion on how well any of them will fare in the pros, however, my fear is that we fans are so desperate for a franchise, 1st round QB that we're going to try to "make chicken salad out of chicken ****".

Not saying that Geno, Barkley, etc. don't have potential or that we should do anything other than take a chance. Just that of all the years for us to suck this bad, it's this year and not last year. :(

Yeah, well if Pioli isn't gone I can already hear the "there wasn't enough QB talent at that draft position which is why we drafted an OT to replace Brandon Albert and chose a fifth-round QB to learn behind Matt Cassel and possibly start next year."

You know you can hear it too.

The Rick 11-19-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 9133009)
Yeah, well if Pioli isn't gone I can already hear the "there wasn't enough QB talent at that draft position which is why we drafted an OT to replace Brandon Albert and chose a fifth-round QB to learn behind Matt Cassel and possibly start next year."

:facepalm:

Buckweath 11-19-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 9133009)

People need to get real, it's a certainty Pioli or his replacement will draft a QB with our first pick, unless he brings a FA, which would surprise me.

Even the most reeruned now can see we're done with Cassell after this season and that we'll draft a QB no later than with our first round pick.

RINGLEADER 11-19-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 9133055)
People need to get real, it's a certainty Pioli or his replacement will draft a QB with our first pick, unless he brings a FA, which would surprise me.

Even the most reeruned now can see we're done with Cassell after this season and that we'll draft a QB no later than with our first round pick.

I actually see the possibility of trading for a FA QB and drafting a second or third-round guy as higher than drafting someone with the 1st round pick. I don't think there's any way Joe Flacco leaves Baltimore, however, so the only other FA would be Jason Campbell (and if he gets on a run with the Bears in Jay Cutler's absence I could see that talk escalate) or a trade for someone - though I'm not sure who that someone would be unless maybe the Seahawks went to move Flynn or ??

But if Pioli is here and there's a way to make that kind of move I have no doubt they'd go that direction first, even if getting a Geno would mean he could hold onto his job for a couple more years even if it doesn't pan out.

vailpass 11-19-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

DEN @ KC
CAR @ KC
KC @ CLE
KC @ OAK
IND @ KC
KC @ DEN

My prediction is...

Ass-raping
Ass-raping
Ass-raping
Major pile-driving ass-raping with a nail covered broom handle (unless they have nothing to play for and rest their starters, in which case it is a normal ass-raping)LMAO

KC/Denver will split this season, as usual. If I had to bet I'd take KC to win next week.