ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Mellinger | Ex-GM Peterson ‘saddened’ by Chiefs’ situation (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266932)

The Bad Guy 11-21-2012 07:25 PM

Peterson should have uppercut that mother ****er Pioli.

Pioli and his henchmen made it a point to rip basically everything this organization had when he took over. "Players are too slow" "I could win 2 games with 22 guys off the street".

Clark Hunt has turned into a piece of shit like Pioli. Peterson should have been invited to that ceremony. I hated CP from 2000-2008 but the ****er is the reason this team likely wasn't relocated somewhere else.

The Chiefs have seriously just turned into a miserable bag of **** mixed with piles of shit. They ****ing suck on the field, they treat fans like they are garbage, and they make former players and staff feel unwanted.

Ace Gunner 11-21-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9140212)
You're the smartest guy in the forum.

Glad you're here.

http://img.izismile.com/img/img4/201...ie_gifs_23.gif

BoneKrusher 11-21-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9140095)
He was the best GM to ever GM compared to the clown car driver we have now.

agreed.

The Bad Guy 11-21-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 9140204)
Carl Peterson was fired 2008 for orchestrating this train wreck. What QB did he get for ya? Ya. Nobody x 1000

He actually built the foundation of the team before he left.

It took an impressive man to basically waste that young talent.

The Bad Guy 11-21-2012 07:29 PM

There's absolutely no reason for a team to alienate past players, coaches and FO execs. It just speaks to Pioli's level of insecurity.

DeezNutz 11-21-2012 07:35 PM

TBG and Guardian with a host of solid posts.

Bowser 11-21-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9140222)
Personally, I think there are two Carl's.

The Carl that got here, and really did want to win championships.

Then the super rich, fat n happy Carl that was content with a full Arrowhead and going 9-7.

Often times, success is the biggest obstacle in attaining more success. I think that's what happened there. Carl didn't want to take the big chances LATER that would have possibly put us over the hump.

This is probably pretty close to reality.

Hammock Parties 11-21-2012 07:43 PM

I don't think Carl got fat and happy. He was trying to win a Super Bowl with Vermeil as fast as possible before Lamar died.

After 2005 everything went south. Was he fat and happy? No, he just made two horrible choices in Herm and Croyle.

BossChief 11-21-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9140206)
Yeah, well this is wrong.

Peterson built Arrowhead, drafted a few HOFers, and turned the Chiefs into one of the best franchises of the 90s; he was really ****ing good at his job, but he needed to leave after '98.

He hired Marty and drafted DT...4 years later, he drafted a HOF guard...4 years later he traded up from 18th to 13th overall to draft a HOF TE.

Credit given where due.

Calling him a great GM for that isnt true when he only won 3 playoff games in 20 years and never drafted a franchise quarterback the whole time.

Agree to disagree.

the Talking Can 11-21-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9140232)
There's absolutely no reason for a team to alienate past players, coaches and FO execs. It just speaks to Pioli's level of insecurity.

yeah...you have to be a real dick, plus it is just a waste of time and a waste of good will that should be easy to leverage in a football town

the thing is not just that pioli is a bad gm - he is - but that he is genuinely a shitty human and that is destroying the Chiefs brand and reservoir of good will (with Clark's implicit permission), and it takes longer to restore these things than it does to destroy them

making the fans hate the franchise is actually really hard to do...and he has done it...Clark seems not to realize this yet, imo, which is strange

Bowser 11-21-2012 07:49 PM

The one thing all of us can agree upon is that Carl was head and shoulders above the Patriot Wunderkid Executive of the Decade, and it isn't even close.

BossChief 11-21-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9140227)
He actually built the foundation of the team before he left.

It took an impressive man to basically waste that young talent.

Carl Peterson built what?

Bowe
Hali
DJ (passed on Rodgers)
Colquit (drafted in third round)

He was relieved of draft power for the 2008 draft in which the team got as much talent in that draft as the previous 5 that Carl ran.

Carl was propped up by a really good coach that couldnt ever win the big game. Marty turned teams around everywhere he has been.

Marcellus 11-21-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9140264)
He hired Marty and drafted DT...4 years later, he drafted a HOF guard...4 years later he traded up from 18th to 13th overall to draft a HOF TE.

Credit given where due.

Calling him a great GM for that isnt true when he only won 3 playoff games in 20 years and never drafted a franchise quarterback the whole time.

Agree to disagree.

I doubt many would say we didn't win more playoff games or even a SB due to talent so you cant blame it all on CP.

whoman69 11-21-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9140232)

I still don't get the prohibition against having contact with former players. You'd think they would want guys like Willie Lanier to meet the current crop of players, even if most won't even remember him playing.

BossChief 11-21-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9140277)
I doubt many would say we didn't win more playoff games or even a SB due to talent so you cant blame it all on CP.

We didn't win those games because we didn't have a QB and other teams did.