ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Equalizer 2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316233)

Al Bundy 07-15-2018 07:00 AM

The Equalizer 2

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/244...he-equalizer-2

In The Equalizer 2, Denzel Washington returns as Robert McCall, a retired CIA black ops operative that doles out vigilante justice with ruthless efficiency and remorseless brutality. For this sequel film, the first of Denzel Washington's career, trained killer Robert McCall starts out as an unassuming Lyft driver before once again finding himself unable to ignore seeing people hurt. While you would imagine that such a role required some physical training, you might be surprised to hear that to prepare for the film Denzel Washington had to learn how to use Lyft.

Transportation network companies like Lyft and Uber have become ubiquitous in recent years, so much so that it seems like everyone knows what they are and how to use them to get a ride. But Denzel Washington had never actually used such a service prior to The Equalizer 2. That meant that he had to learn about how it all worked to prepare for his role in the film where he plays one driver you really don't want to get mouthy with. So according to Parade, the actor met with some Lyft drivers to get acquainted with the app itself and the terminology associated with the service like what a five-star rating means.

I imagine that must have been a fun day for some lucky Lyft drivers; instead of picking up drunks you get to explain your job to 2-time Oscar winner Denzel Washington to help him prepare for a role. He apparently did not go full method though and spend a week cruising around as a Lyft driver, although I'm sure his ratings would have all been five stars, unless a fare really didn't like The Book of Eli.

While ride sharing applications like Lyft and Uber have become commonplace for many of us, I guess Denzel Washington simply never needed it. And as with anything in life, you don't know how to do something until you try. Although there are potentially plenty of downsides to these apps, so you can't blame Washington for avoid them altogether. Would you want to wait on a ride with the potential for a driver who drives too slow, plays terrible music or doesn't follow the GPS? Not if you could help it.

While you or I might be stoked for Denzel Washington to be our Lyft driver, some bad guys in The Equalizer 2 will be less than thrilled about it, judging by the latest trailer. The sequel film sees Robert McCall punishing those who prey on the weak and will show just how merciless he can be when its someone he loves that is hurt.

The Equalizer 2, from director Antoine Fuqua, cruises into theaters on July 20th.

I really liked the first one, and really I am certain I will like this one.

jd1020 07-15-2018 06:22 PM

Denzel is one of those gotta see it actors, but man... the clips they chose for the commercials just seemed cheesy as hell.

Break down a door with guns out.

Q: Who are you?
A: Your daddy. Your momma just didn't tell ya.

Ugh.

Halfcan 07-16-2018 09:02 AM

Denzel as the new Jason Bourne / Bruce Lee - again.

The first one was average at best, and this one looks worse. I will probably watch it on Netflix if there is nothing better on.

Halfcan 07-16-2018 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 13629841)
Denzel is one of those gotta see it actors, but man... the clips they chose for the commercials just seemed cheesy as hell.

Break down a door with guns out.

Q: Who are you?
A: Your daddy. Your momma just didn't tell ya.

Ugh.

He will be up for an Oscar for this for sure. Denzel and Meryl Streep are perpetual write-ins every year no matter what they do.

Denzel would get nominated as Best Actor doing a Coke commercial.

sully1983 07-16-2018 10:02 AM

the 1st one was trash imo & this looks even more laughably bad . I know Denzel & the director have a good working relationship (they did do Training Day together ) but come on Denzel, you are ****ing 63 years old. Way too old to be doing these action films . I'll pass on this shit and probably see Sicario 2 again.

BWillie 07-16-2018 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1983 (Post 13630444)
the 1st one was trash imo & this looks even more laughably bad . I know Denzel & the director have a good working relationship (they did do Training Day together ) but come on Denzel, you are ****ing 63 years old. Way too old to be doing these action films . I'll pass on this shit and probably see Sicario 2 again.

They should have a Liam Nieson vs Denzel Washington movie. Have them hit each other with walkers after there is a big jello heist at the Nursing Home

Hawk 07-17-2018 08:21 AM

I enjoyed the first one and will definitely see the second one. Cheesy sure, but Denzel in kill mode is fun to watch. And he doesn't look 63.

sully1983 07-17-2018 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13631804)
They should have a Liam Nieson vs Denzel Washington movie. Have them hit each other with walkers after there is a big jello heist at the Nursing Home

ROFL that would be great

Deberg_1990 07-17-2018 04:38 PM

It’s funny how guys like Denzel, Cruise and Liam Neeson found success as action stars as they got older after originally starting as primarily dramatic actors.

Bowser 07-17-2018 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 13632098)
I enjoyed the first one and will definitely see the second one. Cheesy sure, but Denzel in kill mode is fun to watch. And he doesn't look 63.

Yep, this

Nzoner 07-19-2018 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 13632098)

I won't pay at a theater to see it but will watch for it later,personally I'd just as soon watch Denzel in Man On Fire again.

Gravedigger 07-19-2018 09:46 AM

I almost think Denzel should go the Danny Glover route at this point.

Al Bundy 07-20-2018 12:22 AM

Saw it tonight, it was really good.

PunkinDrublic 07-20-2018 05:35 AM

It would be more popular on here if it had about ten superheroes in it.

alpha_omega 07-20-2018 09:51 AM

I'll check it out when it comes to cable. I enjoyed the first one.