ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV 2019: The Year of Ted Bundy? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320930)

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-27-2019 12:31 PM

2019: The Year of Ted Bundy?

The trailer for the Zac Efron film dropped on Friday, the same day Netflix released their four-part doc about Bundy's crimes, the journalists, cops, and victims.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BzL2yBTrh8Q" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KCUnited 01-27-2019 12:42 PM

I watched the first 2 episodes of The Bundy Tapes on Netflix last night. Fascinating. Dude didn't seem to settle. Normally you see pictures of the victims and they're mostly 5's with a couple kids, maybe a 7 sprinkled in among a few desperation 3 prostitutes. Bundy, being a decent looking fellow himself, seemed to hunt physically attractive "good girls". That was the first thing that stuck out to me in those episodes.

Simply Red 01-27-2019 01:01 PM

I saw some friends talking about this - what are they - like 3 episodes deep?

I will eventually watch it, I guess.

notorious 01-27-2019 01:02 PM

Looks like the perfect cast.

I'm in.

Frazod 01-27-2019 01:58 PM

That does look really interesting. Going to be hard to take Jim Parsons seriously as anything other than Sheldon, though.

Baby Lee 01-27-2019 03:16 PM

Do they cover the Ann Rule stuff?

Dude honed his patter manning suicide hotlines.

He was the complete package sociopath.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-27-2019 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 14076193)
Do they cover the Ann Rule stuff?

Dude honed his patter manning suicide hotlines.

He was the complete package sociopath.

Not really in too much depth. They touch on it in Part I.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-27-2019 05:03 PM

They do spend time on how his early work on the periphery of law enforcement helped him find weakness he could exploit.

PunkinDrublic 01-30-2019 09:59 AM

Ted Bundy originally wanted to be either a politician or a lawyer. He ultimately rejected those professions and chose a more honorable path.

Sorry 01-30-2019 07:39 PM

Objectively as a man, i don't see the hoopla on how attractive this guy was? Perhaps it was for the times, but i keep hearing how GOOD looking he was and this dude was average. I mean the way they talk about him it's as if he's a Brad Pitt clone or w/e classically good lookin standards the world has. lol Dude is nuts.

jjjayb 01-31-2019 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorry (Post 14082370)
Objectively as a man, i don't see the hoopla on how attractive this guy was? Perhaps it was for the times, but i keep hearing how GOOD looking he was and this dude was average. I mean the way they talk about him it's as if he's a Brad Pitt clone or w/e classically good lookin standards the world has. lol Dude is nuts.

I think it's more along the lines of being good looking for a serial killer. As an average person he's only a 6, but for a serial killer he's a 9. Look at your average serial killer. They're not exactly the best looking people on the planet.

ChiefBlueCFC 01-31-2019 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 14075633)
The trailer for the Zac Efron film dropped on Friday, the same day Netflix released their four-part doc about Bundy's crimes, the journalists, cops, and victims.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BzL2yBTrh8Q" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yeah, it was the 30th anniversary that he was executed. I watched the netflix documentary and it wasn't bad. Movie, if done right, could be really really good. Of course, you can literally say that about any movie.

Clyde Frog 01-31-2019 12:04 PM

The series was great! I was too young to remember anything but seeing that he was executed on the news. What a master manipulator that guy was. He had the judge praise him after giving him the death sentence. I'm just blown away at how he got away with what he got away with. He epitomized everything evil, vain and selfish about humanity.

Baby Lee 01-31-2019 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjjayb (Post 14082967)
I think it's more along the lines of being good looking for a serial killer. As an average person he's only a 6, but for a serial killer he's a 9. Look at your average serial killer. They're not exactly the best looking people on the planet.

I don't know. I think you're grading by modern standards. Particularly with the eyes and smile, he's right in with the Chris Knight, Shaun Cassidy, Donny Osmaond, Lief Erickson, Tiger Beat types of the era.

underEJ 01-31-2019 01:15 PM

He was good looking then and still would be. If he was in a Judd Apatow rom com? Bankable star potential.

He is the scariest killer ever. The way he manipulates absolutely everyone is just terrifying. You want to learn from his mind to catch others, but at the same time, he managed to have a kid in custody like a happy family and shit, so who knows what he is capable of getting people to do. Good riddance!