ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft No elite in this draft. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266016)

Chief Roundup 11-01-2012 08:42 AM

No elite in this draft.

According to Todd McShay and Mel Kiper there is not an elite QB in this draft. They went on to say that there wasn't an elite LT, DE or pass rusher either.
After seeing this I thought I needed to share.

So we finally are going to have a top pick if not the top pick and there is not elite talent available for us to pick from. How frigging depressing.
We should of drafted Tannehill last year like I wanted. We would be in a position to draft Manti Te'O. The best player in the draft this season.

TEX 11-01-2012 08:44 AM

I was just thinking that the other day. That's why I bet anything the Chiefs go after another free agent QB.

mdchiefsfan 11-01-2012 08:44 AM

I don't care. Just get me someone with some damn potential. We will see if they become elite or not.

If they don't, rinse and repeat.

hometeam 11-01-2012 08:45 AM

http://www.athlonsports.com/sites/de...iper-Small.jpg

BigCatDaddy 11-01-2012 08:45 AM

How is Jarvis Jones not an elite pass rusher and he's also the best player in the draft.

RealSNR 11-01-2012 08:48 AM

Who ****ing cares? Sam Bradford was a brokedick mediocre piece of shit. You didn't see Rams fans crying their eyes out because he wasn't Matt Stafford.

Cheer the **** up. Geno Smith IS elite.

Chief Roundup 11-01-2012 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slick (Post 9070823)
How is Jarvis Jones not an elite pass rusher and he's also the best player in the draft.

Probably because he does not grade out. Don't know. Being Good does not make a player elite. He may be the best one this year but where does he rank against past ones that have went at the top of the draft?

Mr. Arrowhead 11-01-2012 08:50 AM

Aaron Rodgers wasnt considered Elite either

Fansy the Famous Bard 11-01-2012 08:50 AM

I'd settle for any of Barkley\smith\Wilson, regardless of what ESPN thinks.

RealSNR 11-01-2012 08:50 AM

I'm getting so ****ing sick of this "Woe is us" attitude Chiefs fans are starting to take regarding this draft.

It's like they want change, just not this year. Like the Chiefs should just say, "Uhp, looks like there isn't a QB we like this year. Better start winning games until 7-9. NEXT year will be the year of suck for a QB!"

Just draft your QB and see if it works out. Geno will be good. I swear.

the Talking Can 11-01-2012 08:51 AM

i remember the elite draft grade they gave aaron rodgers....

buck up little sailor, don't let anyone harsh the joy of finally getting our QB

Geno Smith is a better QB than Tannehill (who I also wanted us to trade up for)

Chief Roundup 11-01-2012 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9070830)
Who ****ing cares? Sam Bradford was a brokedick mediocre piece of shit. You didn't see Rams fans crying their eyes out because he wasn't Matt Stafford.

I call tell you what I don't care about..The ****ing Rams and or their fans. They have drafted several 1st round QBs over the years. **** them.

I am not sold on Geno Smith either. From what I have seen I will take Tyler Wilson instead.

RealSNR 11-01-2012 08:57 AM

"Why couldn't we suck when Andrew Luck was available?"

Because Andrew Lucks rarely ever happen in the draft. Geno Smith is an above average top overall QB prospect. That's pretty ****ing good, I'd say.

Chief Roundup 11-01-2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9070837)
I'm getting so ****ing sick of this "Woe is us" attitude Chiefs fans are starting to take regarding this draft.

It's like they want change, just not this year. Like the Chiefs should just say, "Uhp, looks like there isn't a QB we like this year. Better start winning games until 7-9. NEXT year will be the year of suck for a QB!"

Just draft your QB and see if it works out. Geno will be good. I swear.

I am not all "woe is us" bullshit either.

WTF are some of you all that big of pussies. A little depressing or aggrevating is not the end of the world or anything. It is just more of a sign that our FO is not paying attention to what is going on around them. They should know what the next couple of drafts are going to have to offer for the most part.
And surely you don't believe that anyone is just going to turn a switch and all the sudden we can start winning. It doesn't work like that. I never have wanted to suck for anything. **** that too.

Fansy the Famous Bard 11-01-2012 08:59 AM

It's just in our nature to be pessimistic at this point.

Saccopoo 11-01-2012 09:01 AM

I don't give a flying **** about Kiper's opinion.

When I watch Geno Smith I see a guy with all the tools, the leadership and a natural feel for the game that goes beyond the measurables.

His pocket awareness is uncanny and his release is as quick as I've ever seen on a QB at the college level. Smith also has a high release point on the ball and he's incredibly accurate with ball placement to every level of the field. His ability to hit receivers in stride is uncanny. His usable arm strength is superb.

And there are two things that really help a QB to be successful at the next level in terms of on the field intangibles, and that's pocket presence and a quick release.

I think Smith's upside is as good as any QB that's come out over the past 15/20 years. He's a better QB prospect than RGIII IMO.

That's elite in my book.

htismaqe 11-01-2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

To be fair, Matt Stafford was considered to BE elite and so far he's been pretty meh, even with Calvin Johnson. Most of it is injuries but that's part of the game.

lcarus 11-01-2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Man I hope you are right. Geno damn well BETTER be elite. Still wish we had the #1 or #2 pick last year...

Fansy the Famous Bard 11-01-2012 09:05 AM

We better spend some picks on O-Linemen. The way this line has blocked, our new QBOTF may end up with David Carr-syndrome.

KCFalcon59 11-01-2012 09:08 AM

We're going to need two QB's anyway. Draft the best QB available and go out and get a FA with some ****ing talent to back him up. We have no real QB's on this roster.

TEX 11-01-2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9070817)
I don't care. Just get me someone with some damn potential. We will see if they become elite or not.

If they don't, rinse and repeat.

Yep.

htismaqe 11-01-2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 9070876)
We better spend some picks on O-Linemen. The way this line has blocked, our new QBOTF may end up with David Carr-syndrome.

This line will instantly improve with a real QB under center.

Quesadilla Joe 11-01-2012 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 9070834)

He was one of the favorites to be the #1 pick in the draft going into it. There weren't a lot of QB needy teams that year.

Saccopoo 11-01-2012 09:16 AM

As well, in terms of DE's/Pass Rushers, I wonder what they thought of Clay Matthews or Jared Allen or JJ Watt coming out...

And there is a boat load of really good pass rushers in this draft. Really good.

Jarvis Jones
Sam Montgomery
Damontre Moore
Alex Okafor
Jackson Jeffcoat
Travis Long

and three guys with huge upside in

Barkevious Mingo
Bjoern Werner
Dion Jordan

Mingo and Werner are relatively new to football and Jordan is a recent TE convert that is thriving on the defensive side of the ball.

It's a really nice pass rusher draft.

Fansy the Famous Bard 11-01-2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9070895)

I hope you're right

Woodchuck 11-01-2012 09:18 AM

I agree that there isn't an elite one. At least it's not obvious if there is one. However, we still gotta take a QB. I am starting to think I would like to take Te'o or Jones with the first pick and use our 3rd (and maybe 2nd) to move back into the first round to draft the QB out of the big three that drops. Or, maybe even Glennon if he moves up boards like some say he will. That comp pick for Carr will come in handy and will allow us to use our regular 3rd round pick to move up. This is the year we move up in the draft imo.

Quote:

I agree. I really don't think they have been that bad. People overreacted after Oakland imo. Remember what Oakland's d-line did to Matyt Ryan and Atlanta?

Mr. Arrowhead 11-01-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9070899)
He was one of the favorites to be the #1 pick in the draft going into it. There weren't a lot of QB needy teams that year.

If he was a elite QB he wouldnt had lasted til the mid 20s.

Chief Roundup 11-01-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCFalcon59 (Post 9070889)
We're going to need two QB's anyway. Draft the best QB available and go out and get a FA with some ****ing talent to back him up. We have no real QB's on this roster.

I will agree with this. A part of me would like to do what the Skins did with taking a QB in the middle as well. Or get a good FA backup..Matt Hasselback type. Don't have any idea who is or will be available.

Chief Roundup 11-01-2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

Yep they will improve some because of that but also when we get a decent OC that will spread the Defense. A QB that a defense had to worry about would definitely be nice.

Saccopoo 11-01-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9070869)
Man I hope you are right. Geno damn well BETTER be elite. Still wish we had the #1 or #2 pick last year...

I don't understand this...

What do you mean "damn well BETTER be elite?"

Should we not use a pick on a QB because he's not considered to be in the 0.01% of all QB's who have ever entered the draft, which would be only two guys in the history of the draft in the eyes of guys like Kiper and Mayock, etc., i.e. - Elway or Luck.

If taking a QB not named John Elway or Andrew Luck has your panties in a knot, then you should really start pimping Barrett Jones as our pick. He's probably the safest guy in the draft in terms of getting high level performance with the lowest chance of bust.

Me, I'm freaking sick of our QB situation. It's been 30 years since we took one. Smith has all the tools. I'd take him over any QB that's come out the past 15 years other than Andrew Luck. That's okay in my book in terms of the Chiefs FINALLY getting a decent QB prospect of their own in the draft.

listopencil 11-01-2012 09:27 AM

Another reason that it would have made more sense to sign Orton to a multi year deal and draft a QBotF that needed time to develop. Then your team isn't complete shit as you rebuild.

Ace Gunner 11-01-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9070861)
I don't give a flying **** about Kiper's opinion.

When I watch Geno Smith I see a guy with all the tools, the leadership and a natural feel for the game that goes beyond the measurables.

His pocket awareness is uncanny and his release is as quick as I've ever seen on a QB at the college level. Smith also has a high release point on the ball and he's incredibly accurate with ball placement to every level of the field. His ability to hit receivers in stride is uncanny. His usable arm strength is superb.

And there are two things that really help a QB to be successful at the next level in terms of on the field intangibles, and that's pocket presence and a quick release.

I think Smith's upside is as good as any QB that's come out over the past 15/20 years. He's a better QB prospect than RGIII IMO.

That's elite in my book.

whoa doggy. to me he's more like Cam Newton than RG3. but I would not say he is as good as either player. I think you can win with Smith at this level and I agree with your other points. he throws a tight ball.

RG3 is more like Steve Young -- a driven winner. I see smarts in Geno, just not quite as driven to win. He takes what you give him and I like that.

ForeverChiefs58 11-01-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9070919)
I agree that there isn't an elite one. At least it's not obvious if there is one. However, we still gotta take a QB. I am starting to think I would like to take Te'o or Jones with the first pick and use our 3rd (and maybe 2nd) to move back into the first round to draft the QB out of the big three that drops. Or, maybe even Glennon if he moves up boards like some say he will. That comp pick for Carr will come in handy and will allow us to use our regular 3rd round pick to move up. This is the year we move up in the draft imo.

I agree. I really don't think they have been that bad. People overreacted after Oakland imo. Remember what Oakland's d-line did to Matyt Ryan and Atlanta?

If the Chiefs have the first pick and don't use it to draft a damn QB with it, there might be fans with pitchforks storming Arrowhead.

suds79 11-01-2012 09:27 AM

Doesn't matter. Nothing we can do about that now.

Still take the best QB possible. If that guy would normally be the #10 overall pick in any given draft, you still take him. That's worlds better than anything we've ever done.

Don't be fooled into the standard Chiefs organization & fans way of thinking where you look at some awesome LB, DT, etc. Those positions don't win you games. QB does.

It's 80% QB. 20% everybody else.

Brock 11-01-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9070899)

The Dolphins were starting Gus Frerotte that year. Gus Frerotte.

Ace Gunner 11-01-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9070940)
Another reason that it would have made more sense to sign Orton to a multi year deal and draft a QBotF that needed time to develop. Then your team isn't complete shit as you rebuild.

ya, I'd have liked that too. Orton is obviously coachable and that could really help the next guy see how it works at the NFL level.

suds79 11-01-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9070869)
Still wish we had the #1 or #2 pick last year...

At some point we all have to get over this and move on. Yes, everybody wishes we got one of those guys. It didn't happen.

Time to move on and stop talking about Luck or RG3.

Saccopoo 11-01-2012 09:30 AM

Quote:

http://dayandadream.com/wp-content/u.../02/gtfo-1.gif

BigMeatballDave 11-01-2012 09:36 AM

Who gives a shit what these 2 baffoons say?

Crush 11-01-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mel Kiper Jr.
JaMarcus Russell is going to immediately energize that fanbase, that football team on the practice field, in that locker room. Three years from now you could be looking at a guy that's certainly one of the elite top five quarterbacks in this league. ...You're talking about a 2-3 year period once he's under center. Look out because the skill level that he has is certainly John Elway-like.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd McShay
I can't remember being in such awe of a quarterback in my decade of attending combines and pro days. Russell's passing session was the most impressive of all the pro days I've been to. His footwork for such a big quarterback was surprising. He was nimble in his dropbacks, rolling out and throwing on the run. The ball just explodes out of his hands.

Oh noes! Two ESPN brokedicks don't think highly of Geno Smith or the rest of this year's QB class. If Geno Smith doesn't pan out, then you draft another QB. You keep searching until you find your ****ing QB. JFC. This team is 3-12 in playoff games since Super Bowl IV. Take a chance and draft a QB for Christ's sake.

Buckweath 11-01-2012 09:39 AM

At some point last year, Matt Barkley was considered a better prospect than RGIII and was thought to have a slight chance to be the #1 overall pick in front of Luck, the best QB prospect in a long time.

Now that he's not even considered to be the best Qb prospect available in next year's draft makes me think the trio of Smith/Barkley/Wilson is as good as most year's QB draft crop.

And at the end of the day, as a Chiefs fan, I'd be happy with ''just'' a top 10 QB in this league.

htismaqe 11-01-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9070952)

ROFL

Crush 11-01-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0...fhi2o1_500.gif

BigCatDaddy 11-01-2012 09:41 AM

I'm pretty sure at this time last year most people weren't on RG3 as an elite pro prospect. I love revisionist history.

Saccopoo 11-01-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 9070941)
whoa doggy. to me he's more like Cam Newton than RG3. but I would not say he is as good as either player. I think you can win with Smith at this level and I agree with your other points. he throws a tight ball.

RG3 is more like Steve Young -- a driven winner. I see smarts in Geno, just not quite as driven to win. He takes what you give him and I like that.

I'd argue vehemently that Cam Newton was indeed a driven winner. Go watch his senior year at Auburn. He put that team on his back and simply took over games because there were no other options.

Anyway, I digress...

RGIII had a superb junior year.

His sophomore year, 2010, Baylor was 7-6.
His Heisman junior year, Baylor was 10-3.

And if you are saying that Smith isn't a driven winner, you would be wrong. He's put WV on his back a multitude of times.

And he's not a "running" QB, which you seem to be eluding to anyway.

I'm not fully comprehending what you are trying to get at, so this is why this response is so vague.

Smith is a stud. He's a better pure QB prospect than Griffin IMO.

ChiefsCountry 11-01-2012 09:43 AM

Barkley's got the national stage Saturday night.

Rasputin 11-01-2012 09:46 AM

So it has been written:

It is easier for a cammel to go through the eye of a needle than let the Chiefs draft a first round quarterback / Jesus

mr. tegu 11-01-2012 09:47 AM

If these guys came out any other year there would be nothing but positives, upside and potential spewing from the pundits. Instead they came out the year after one of the best prospects ever and one of the most unique ever. Both Barkley and Smith will be really good right away and have potential to be elite.

Ace Gunner 11-01-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9070984)
I'd argue vehemently that Cam Newton was indeed a driven winner. Go watch his senior year at Auburn. He put that team on his back and simply took over games because there were no other options.

Anyway, I digress...

RGIII had a superb junior year.

His sophomore year, 2010, Baylor was 7-6.
His Heisman junior year, Baylor was 10-3.

And if you are saying that Smith isn't a driven winner, you would be wrong. He's put WV on his back a multitude of times.

And he's not a "running" QB, which you seem to be eluding to anyway.

I'm not fully comprehending what you are trying to get at, so this is why this response is so vague.

Smith is a stud. He's a better pure QB prospect than Griffin IMO.

RG3 uses his legs if necessary, Geno & Cam like to stay put. But, Smith will move around to buy time much the way Cam does it.

ForeverChiefs58 11-01-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9070950)
At some point we all have to get over this and move on. Yes, everybody wishes we got one of those guys. It didn't happen.

I can also see how this could be a huge focal point with some fans.

Fans have finally had it. I have heard many say that for Pioli being exec genious and all, he should have had the foresight to see that with losing so many players, losing the head coach, and another losing season staring him in the face timed with the best pair of QB's to come out in decades, should have been enough for him to put us in a position to get one of them. It was only our greatest position of need and biggest weakness. He didn't do it. He gave false hope stating it would be addressed. He failed.

30 years is too long!! That could easily be put on a banner. Just sayin.

Chiefs Pantalones 11-01-2012 09:52 AM

Well dang. Guess we shouldn't draft one then.

Chief Roundup 11-01-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9070940)

You know that sounds good. And I am sure that is what more successful orginizations would of and have done......Packers. But not this orginization, we can't draft a QB in the middle rounds and develop one.

DTLB58 11-01-2012 09:53 AM

We will lose out and draft Barkley.

I've been watching college games every Saturday (laid up with a knee replacement) and I've seen several QB's who are better now in College than any of the 3 the Chiefs have. They don't have to be elite to be a significant upgrade to make the Chiefs better.

If this team has a real coaching staff with a decent QB with these weapons, just the QB will be enough to make the difference.

King_Chief_Fan 11-01-2012 09:54 AM

there is no draft candidate elite enough to carry this sorry team.

So any of the top three Qb's will be far better than what is on the roster today.
Beyond the players drafted, all that Pioli, RAC, Daboll crap needs to be resolved or the bunch of them (draftee's) will give the Chiefs a big middle finger.

Fansy the Famous Bard 11-01-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 9070997)
RG3 uses his legs if necessary, Geno & Cam like to stay put. But, Smith will move around to buy time much the way Cam does it.

Cam likes to stay put? Is that why he's leading his team in rushing?

Ace Gunner 11-01-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9070950)

I think the moves Pioli made last season are what cooked his goose here. He failed to get face time with Manning, didn't make an attempt at Orton, didn't try for one of the two elite QB's that will go down in NFL history as the next "Peyton & Brady or Montana & Marino" type players of the decade and he fired the wrong coach.

All this because of his faith in Matty C, a guy that already proved last season to be an absolute failure.

R8RFAN 11-01-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9070822)

On Jamarcus Russell

"JaMarcus Russell is going to immediately energize that fanbase, that football team -- on the practice field, in that locker room," ESPN's Mel Kiper said at the time. "Three years from now you could be looking at a guy that's certainly one of the elite top five quarterbacks in this league. ...You're talking about a 2-3 year period once he's under center. Look out because the skill level that he has is certainly John Elway-like."

Todd McShay's comments:
"I can't remember being in such awe of a quarterback in my decade of attending combines and pro days. Russell's passing session was the most impressive of all the pro days I've been to. His footwork for such a big quarterback was surprising. He was nimble in his dropbacks, rolling out and throwing on the run. The ball just explodes out of his hands."

Chief Roundup 11-01-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 9070981)

:thumb:

BossChief 11-01-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 9070876)

Our offensive line has graded out in the top five in the league on most advanced stat websites.

The offensive line is just fine...maybe a versatile interior linemen would be a good pick in the mid rounds, but no more premium picks need to be spent there.

Chief Roundup 11-01-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9070984)

I think Cam was driven by external forces. He will be one of those players that will only have good years when there is a contract on the line.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-01-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9070815)
According to Todd McShay and Mel Kiper there is not an elite QB in this draft. They went on to say that there wasn't an elite LT, DE or pass rusher either.
After seeing this I thought I needed to share.

So we finally are going to have a top pick if not the top pick and there is not elite talent available for us to pick from. How frigging depressing.
We should of drafted Tannehill last year like I wanted. We would be in a position to draft Manti Te'O. The best player in the draft this season.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/.../JCDenton2.png

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuure...

Titty Meat 11-01-2012 10:16 AM

There's a reason neither are employed by an NFL team.

R8RFAN 11-01-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9071055)

Hey man, do you worship Satan?

Saccopoo 11-01-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 9070997)

Okay...let's get this straight.

Steve Young was a freak. He was the size of a fullback, with speed, yet had amazing accuracy with his arm.

Cam Newton and Tim Tebow are like this, but have no real accuracy with the arm. But both are total gamers.

Mike Vick has a huge arm and is amazingly fast. Not accurate and makes bad decisions. Not a big build.

RGIII is a smart version of Vick. I wonder about his longevity as he's already had one concussion this year and the team is trying to get him to limit his runs out of the pocket. It was my big concern about Griffin coming out.

Luck, Bradford, and Ponder are all the same type of QB. Nice athleticism, good (not great) arm, head for the game.

Rogers has a very live arm with good athleticism that he uses when it's needed.

Cutler and Stafford are pure pocket passers with cannons.

Eli Manning, Alex Smith, Matt Ryan are heady QB's with okay arms that are very accurate.

If I was trying to associate Geno Smith with a current NFL quarterback, I'd put him in with Aaron Rogers. He's that type of player with that level of upside. He's being looked at by the pundits as almost the same type of player at the same level going into the draft.

I'm okay with that as a potential QBOTF for the Chiefs.

bevischief 11-01-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9071120)
Okay...let's get this straight.

Steve Young was a freak. He was the size of a fullback, with speed, yet had amazing accuracy with his arm.

Cam Newton and Tim Tebow are like this, but have no real accuracy with the arm. But both are total gamers.

Mike Vick has a huge arm and is amazingly fast. Not accurate and makes bad decisions. Not a big build.

RGIII is a smart version of Vick. I wonder about his longevity as he's already had one concussion this year and the team is trying to get him to limit his runs out of the pocket. It was my big concern about Griffin coming out.

Luck, Bradford, and Ponder are all the same type of QB. Nice athleticism, good (not great) arm, head for the game.

Rogers has a very live arm with good athleticism that he uses when it's needed.

Cutler and Stafford are pure pocket passers with cannons.

Eli Manning, Alex Smith, Matt Ryan are heady QB's with okay arms that are very accurate.

If I was trying to associate Geno Smith with a current NFL quarterback, I'd put him in with Aaron Rogers. He's that type of player with that level of upside. He's being looked at by the pundits as almost the same type of player at the same level going into the draft.

I'm okay with that as a potential QBOTF for the Chiefs.

Same here on Geno.

Saccopoo 11-01-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 9071016)
I think the moves Pioli made last season are what cooked his goose here. He failed to get face time with Manning, didn't make an attempt at Orton, didn't try for one of the two elite QB's that will go down in NFL history as the next "Peyton & Brady or Montana & Marino" type players of the decade and he fired the wrong coach.

All this because of his faith in Matty C, a guy that already proved last season to be an absolute failure.

The problem is, Pioli wants the Brady and Montana, not the Peyton or Elway.

He wants to find the diamond in the rough, the 3rd to 7th round QB that comes out to be a Hall of Famer.

He doesn't want to spend a first rounder on one. It's already been reported that he thinks that's "too risky."

suds79 11-01-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9071120)

I see the comparison in that he has some athleticism and seemingly only uses it when he needs it but I feel like it's important to point out that while Geno has a good arm (strength wise), it's not on the level with Rogers.

Still, not a big deal IMO. Just don't give me a weak armed QB. I want our next QB to be not have any part of the field that is limited. As long as he has good arm strength, that's enough for me. And I think Geno does. (Wilson does also).

crazycoffey 11-01-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 9070834)

Ryan Leaf was.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-01-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barney Stinson (Post 9071176)
Ryan Leaf was.

ROFL Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

ct 11-01-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 9070835)
I'd settle for any of Barkley\smith\Wilson, regardless of what ESPN thinks.

this

Death2CasselFans 11-01-2012 10:51 AM

We could always suck next year and draft another 1st round QB like North Carolina did with Cam Newton/Jimmy Claussen (2nd round)

L.A. Chieffan 11-01-2012 10:52 AM

Everybody chant with me, " TE'O, TE'O, TE'O!"

RealSNR 11-01-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9070853)
I am not all "woe is us" bullshit either.

WTF are some of you all that big of pussies. A little depressing or aggrevating is not the end of the world or anything. It is just more of a sign that our FO is not paying attention to what is going on around them. They should know what the next couple of drafts are going to have to offer for the most part.
And surely you don't believe that anyone is just going to turn a switch and all the sudden we can start winning. It doesn't work like that. I never have wanted to suck for anything. **** that too.

You're the one acting like a pussy here. "Todd McShay said there weren't any elite QBs this year? Boohoo."

I don't care if you really want to draft one of these QBs as much as the rest of us. Cut the crap and stop your bitching.

Also, get your sarcasm meter fixed ASAP. If you have one.

RealSNR 11-01-2012 10:56 AM

Manti T'eo is no Aaron Curry

BossChief 11-01-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9071151)
The problem is, Pioli wants the Brady and Montana, not the Peyton or Elway.

He wants to find the diamond in the rough, the 3rd to 7th round QB that comes out to be a Hall of Famer.

He doesn't want to spend a first rounder on one. It's already been reported that he thinks that's "too risky."

The interview you are referencing was the predraft interview last year. He didn't say that taking a first round quarterback was "too risky" he said that trading multiple first rounders would be "irresponsible" he even said that he could see himself trading up to take one, just not with multiple first round picks.

Of course, all that went moot when he doubled down on Cassel and disregarded trading even a third round pick for Tannehill and didn't bring in anyone that could upgrade the position for us.

IMO we should have signed Orton AND traded up for Tannehill and proceeded to do what Miami did with a completely open qb competition.

If Pioli is allowed to stay, I fully expect him to draft Landry Jones. I said as much almost 2 years ago.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-01-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9071232)
The interview you are referencing was the predraft interview last year. He didn't say that taking a first round quarterback was "too risky" he said that trading multiple first rounders would be "irresponsible" he even said that he could see himself trading up to take one, just not with multiple first round picks.

Of course, all that went moot when he doubled down on Cassel and disregarded trading even a third round pick for Tannehill and didn't bring in anyone that could upgrade the position for us.

IMO we should have signed Orton AND traded up for Tannehill and proceeded to do what Miami did with a completely open qb competition.

If Pioli is allowed to stay, I fully expect him to draft Landry Jones. I said as much almost 2 years ago.

Good Lord what FAIL that would be...

suds79 11-01-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9071232)

Nope I don't see it. IF Pioli is allowed to stay, I think he'll be forced to draft a QB with that #1 or #2 overall pick.

Saccopoo 11-01-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9071170)
I see the comparison in that he has some athleticism and seemingly only uses it when he needs it but I feel like it's important to point out that while Geno has a good arm (strength wise), it's not on the level with Rogers.

Still, not a big deal IMO. Just don't give me a weak armed QB. I want our next QB to be not have any part of the field that is limited. As long as he has good arm strength, that's enough for me. And I think Geno does. (Wilson does also).

I think Geno has a comparible arm to Rogers. Go watch those 50 yarders he throws that hits his receivers in stride that are on a rope. When you can put 50 yards on a ball in a game time application at hit the receiver perfectly when covered, that's usable arm strength.

He's smart enough to know when to use the arm. He's not Favre'ing it all over the field at 3,000 mph regardless of the receiver depth.

BossChief 11-01-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9071246)
Nope I don't see it. IF Pioli is allowed to stay, I think he'll be forced to draft a QB with that #1 or #2 overall pick.

Tyson Jackson says hi!

L.A. Chieffan 11-01-2012 11:11 AM

Curry wishes he could be like Te'o. Te'o is a dark horse for the Heisman. Te'o is the new Ray Lewis, Andy Katzenmoyer, Bobby Carpenter and Lawerence Taylor all rolled into one