ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Class Action Suit (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=124540)

Eleazar 09-19-2005 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmicPal
I will now retire to the corner of the room and avoid the Planet for a very long time as I’m rather embarrassed about all of this. So, sue me.

ROFL If everyone did that, there would be no one posting :p

Didn't mean to come off so harsh. It would be nice if we could do something to them for that horrid announcing crew. :cuss:

Calcountry 09-19-2005 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmicPal
First of all- it was a patently stupid idea to begin with- and I’m rather embarrassed and humbled I even posted this to begin with. I don't know what in gawd's name I was thinking this morning when I wrote this, but the idea of the suit was beget by the fact so many peeps evidently felt the same way I did, and that is we were robbed of quality programming. Instead, it was nothing more than a bloody Moss orgy and I simply couldn’t take it anymore.

First of all, I had no intention of filing a suit for monetary gains, and I would never take it upon myself to solicit an attorney about something as ridiculous as a class action suit nor would I ever want that kind of media attention. It was nothing more than a feeble attempt at generating interest in people contacting ESPN to complain about the quality of last night’s programming. I should have just entitled the thread, “Write to ESPN and tell them to STFU”

I did it myself- composed an email to ESPN stating my disgust with the choice of announcers and their bias behavior on national TV. I should have left it at that. But, I couldn’t…Here’s a copy of what I sent ESPN:

You guys are a bunch of *****tards.

Sincerely,

A disgruntled football fan who’s out of beer.

Take it for what it’s worth.

No, seriously- I feel pretty dumb now that I started such a thread. This is your opportunity to sue me for posting such idiocy on the web and taking up valuable ChiefsPlanet space.

I will now retire to the corner of the room and avoid the Planet for a very long time as I’m rather embarrassed about all of this. So, sue me.

Your thread sure entertained me today. Please continue with your creativity. :thumb:

CosmicPal 09-19-2005 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunnytrdr
Your thread sure entertained me today. Please continue with your creativity. :thumb:

I figured somebody besides gochiefs ought to do some entertaining around here.

chiefs4me 09-19-2005 05:14 PM

hmmmm, to me, Randy's catch was good, I don't hate the man like some of you do. And I..yes I, think we did get lucky...if SS bothered you so much ....you should of muted the tv and turn on the radio coverage...:)

And please don't leave over this...everybody has a dumb moment now and then.....:p

OldTownChief 09-19-2005 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinlar
The reason they are saying Moss got robbed was because he did. His TD catch was clean and that made them settle for 3 instead of 7. We won by more than 4 points so it hardly matters.

It would have mattered. The Raiders would have kicked a winning FG on 4th down at the end to put us in a deep hole.

Rain Man 09-19-2005 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldTownChief
It would have mattered. The Raiders would have kicked a winning FG on 4th down at the end to put us in a deep hole.

Well, maybe, but then Dante would have run back the ensuing kickoff for a touchdown.

OldTownChief 09-19-2005 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
Well, maybe, but then Dante would have run back the ensuing kickoff for a touchdown.

:thumb:

Skip Towne 09-19-2005 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefs4me

And please don't leave over this...everybody has a dumb moment now and then.....:p

I'm gonna trust you on that one......you should know.

chiefs4me 09-19-2005 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
I'm gonna trust you on that one......you should know.

:shrug:

Valiant 09-19-2005 06:27 PM

great thing is you can prolly win some money...

Phobia 09-19-2005 07:07 PM

Dude, we already knew you were a dumbass. It's not like this thread outed you or anything. Kotter told us about it a long time ago. He has some special spider sense or something.

CosmicPal 09-19-2005 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
Dude, we already knew you were a dumbass. It's not like this thread outed you or anything. Kotter told us about it a long time ago. He has some special spider sense or something.

I have a phobia regarding stupidity

Rain Man 09-19-2005 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENDelt260
I got a check for $651 from a class action suit in the mail today.

Woot.

Um, carry on.

Defective deck?

Ugly Duck 09-19-2005 08:10 PM

OK... some of the stuff on this thread I can understand, like the thing about making the cheerleaders wear teenier uni's. But the "refs favor Oakland" thing is totally through the looking glass. And Moss gets all the spotlight wherever he goes. It was just the same when he wore Purple. The dude is on pace to break the Rice Records - he'll get all the glitter and glamour until he falls off of that pace. Difference is, now its the AFCW that has to put up with it.

Great pub for the Raiderz, and fills the stands as well. Jes plug your ears whenever you see the pundits begin to genuflect towards Moss. I hit the mute whenever that horrible woman on the sidelines does her Oprah thing about the players family lives and their inner feelings. Just mute out the Mossly adulation.

(Why do they let that woman blabber about stuff when the game is on? Sometimes she's still yacking about someone's brother as the ball is hiked. I just don't get it. She's absolutely horrible.)

chiefs4me 09-19-2005 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugly Duck
OK... some of the stuff on this thread I can understand, like the thing about making the cheerleaders wear teenier uni's. But the "refs favor Oakland" thing is totally through the looking glass. And Moss gets all the spotlight wherever he goes. It was just the same when he wore Purple. The dude is on pace to break the Rice Records - he'll get all the glitter and glamour until he falls off of that pace. Difference is, now its the AFCW that has to put up with it.

Great pub for the Raiderz, and fills the stands as well. Jes plug your ears whenever you see the pundits begin to genuflect towards Moss. I hit the mute whenever that horrible woman on the sidelines does her Oprah thing about the players family lives and their inner feelings. Just mute out the Mossly adulation.

(Why do they let that woman blabber about stuff when the game is on? Sometimes she's still yacking about someone's brother as the ball is hiked. I just don't get it. She's absolutely horrible.)

They should give her job to me...I could do it much better....:D