ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football What would it take for your fanhood to change. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272766)

Just Passin' By 05-04-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9656607)
I debated this a couple times the past season.

I get sick, sometimes, of the Chiefs honestly doing all the important things wrong. Underwhelming free agency classes, poor drafts, frequent coaching and regime changes.

What if I just hopped on the Seahawks wagon? What would that cost me?

Good coaching, great quarterbacking, player acquisitions and good drafts. Good fans, best stadium in the country...

What stands in my way, honestly?

Fandom shouldn't feel like a prison sentence. If it's not fun, what's the use in it?

Dave Lane 05-04-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 9656614)
My fandom has changed... from overly connected (outcome of games actually affected my mood), to connected (watch and enjoy all games- win or lose), to apathetic (watch games out of habit, not really all that enjoyable), to my current state of disconnection (don't plan on watching any games until the Chiefs get serious at the QB position). I won't follow another team- I simply won't watch until my team gets back on course.

Bravo! And rep!

Hammock Parties 05-04-2013 10:07 AM

Can't switch it off. It would be like disowning a child.

Child needs to be spanked a lot lately, though. And I think it's hanging out with the wrong crowd. Again.

Hammock Parties 05-04-2013 10:11 AM

I didn't sit through 29-67 to jump ship now. Or ever.

Simply Red 05-04-2013 10:13 AM

I'm with them - unfortunately The Chiefs rest in my heart.

Hammock Parties 05-04-2013 10:14 AM

I have to be here to call the bandwagon jumpers a bunch of jackholes when we win a SB, know what I mean?

I've trolled the drafturbators, I've trolled the homers...I'm not going to miss out on trolling another subset of this fanbase.

The Undiscovered Country.

Simply Red 05-04-2013 10:15 AM

anyone know of any new free streaming adult websites?

mdchiefsfan 05-04-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9656704)
I have to be here to call the bandwagon jumpers a bunch of jackholes when we win a SB, know what I mean?

I've trolled the drafturbators, I've trolled the homers...I'm not going to miss out on trolling another subset of this fanbase.

The Undiscovered Country.

LMAO

Buehler445 05-04-2013 10:22 AM

Never. I just care less.

Fritz88 05-04-2013 10:23 AM

Can't do it. Just can't.

alanm 05-04-2013 10:26 AM

Im stuck for life. I was born a Chiefs fan and I'll die a Chiefs fan. Same goes for the Royals. I abhor bandwagon fans.

patteeu 05-04-2013 10:29 AM

My fanhood would probably change if the owners moved the team to another metropolitan area. Aside from that, I can't see a change in my future.

alanm 05-04-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan (Post 9656630)
As much time as I've spent in other towns around the US, I've had plenty of chances to start rooting for the local team. Just never saw much point in it.

I grew up a Chiefs fan in the golden years of the 60s and 70s.
I've been a Chiefs fan through the depressing late 70 and the 80s.
I've lived through the Marty, Gunther, Dick, Herm, Todd, Romeo era of almost having good enough teams

I figure I can hang on a few more years.

Same here.

patteeu 05-04-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9656728)
My fanhood would probably change if the owners moved the team to another metropolitan area. Aside from that, I can't see a change in my future.

About the only other thing that could change my primary fanhood would be if someone close to me became a player, owner, coach or GM of another team and that's unlikely unless my girls start working on their kicking skills.

redsurfer11 05-04-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9656607)
I debated this a couple times the past season.

I get sick, sometimes, of the Chiefs honestly doing all the important things wrong. Underwhelming free agency classes, poor drafts, frequent coaching and regime changes.

What if I just hopped on the Seahawks wagon? What would that cost me?

Good coaching, great quarterbacking, player acquisitions and good drafts. Good fans, best stadium in the country...

What stands in my way, honestly?

Don't worry.

Flip-Flopping is in your blood.