ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football What would it take for your fanhood to change. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272766)

CaliforniaChief 05-04-2013 09:31 AM

The only thing that would even make me think about changing would be if they ever left Kansas City.

Even if they moved to LA and were in my backyard, they belong in Kansas City.

Other than that, I will never leave the Chiefs. I've put in way too much time watching them suck to turn away now. It's like the Royals. And honestly, I think I'll be more annoyed when people jump on the bandwagon when they start winning than anything else.

J Diddy 05-04-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9656626)
I could never switch. I grew up a Chiefs fan, and it's a connection I have to my dad, so it'll never go away.

However, I have been rooting for a secondary team (in this case, my brother's team in the 49ers) just to give me something entertaining to watch on Sundays.

Why you cheating whore.

JoeyChuckles 05-04-2013 09:32 AM

Eh, it's just a form of entertainment. If it means that much to you that you have to have a successful team in order to be happy, maybe it's time to reevaluate.

Bearcat 05-04-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 9656608)
Years of heartache will make it that much sweeter when we finally do win a SB (has to happen eventually, right?). If you're a Seahawks fan and they win one it wont feel very special to you.

I've always thought this was a strange way to look at it... my head isn't going to explode from excitement or anything like that, and it's not like I'm going to look back on all of the bad times. Hell, at that moment I'd probably look back and think all of it wasn't that bad.

rageeumr 05-04-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 9656614)
My fandom has changed... from overly connected (outcome of games actually affected my mood), to connected (watch and enjoy all games- win or lose), to apathetic (watch games out of habit, not really all that enjoyable), to my current state of disconnection (don't plan on watching any games until the Chiefs get serious at the QB position). I won't follow another team- I simply won't watch until my team gets back on course.

Bingo. From the time I was old enough to know what a first down was until the end of the Vermeil era, I didn't miss a second of any game. I was either at the stadium or I was watching on TV. I specifically remember being in Gary, Indiana for a job interview while I was in college and not being able to get the game in the hotel. I was crushed.

Now I'll watch the game if I have absolutely nothing else going on. Typically I'll listen on the radio while I do something outside or go for a run.

But the Chiefs could go 0-16 in perpetuity and I'd never follow another team. The only way that's happening is if "The Clarks" decide to move the team.

Planetman 05-04-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan (Post 9656630)
I grew up a Chiefs fan in the golden years of the 60s and 70s.
I've been a Chiefs fan through the depressing late 70 and the 80s.
I've lived through the Marty, Gunther, Dick, Herm, Todd, Romeo era of almost having good enough teams

I figure I can hang on a few more years.

This is pretty much me, to a tee.

Bearcat 05-04-2013 09:40 AM

I think the biggest thing holding me back from finding another team is simply wanting to watch them every weekend.... the NFL overall isn't worth switching to satellite and paying extra so I can get all of the games, and depending on the team, I might only see them live once every 4-8 years. Of course, the flip side is that I haven't been to Arrowhead in almost 2 seasons, and don't plan on going to any games this year.

If I ever moved to another NFL city, not including Denver and a few others, it would be harder to stay a Chiefs fan, unless they somehow start to get it.

noa 05-04-2013 09:41 AM

I could never switch, and even if I started rooting for the other team, I would never be able to be as invested as I am in the Chiefs. It would just feel artificial. Having said that, I no longer get worked up about individual Chiefs games because they've sort if deadened a part of my fandom.
Posted via Mobile Device

Kidd Lex 05-04-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9656633)
The only thing that would even make me think about changing would be if they ever left Kansas City.

Even if they moved to LA and were in my backyard, they belong in Kansas City.

Other than that, I will never leave the Chiefs. I've put in way too much time watching them suck to turn away now. It's like the Royals. And honestly, I think I'll be more annoyed when people jump on the bandwagon when they start winning than anything else.

You know with the Royals I almost take it personally. On opening day I kept listening to a fat bellied goon in an Alex Gordon jersey say how much the Royals suck balls & how hes a Cardinals fan. I asked him why he was at the game and flying their colors and he said because "everyone else was."

I promptly told him to **** off. :thumb:'s up to anger issues.

Braincase 05-04-2013 09:45 AM

Franchise moves or folds.

Spott 05-04-2013 09:45 AM

I've just become completely ambivalent. This franchise will never be about winning and is just the Cubs without all the attention.

DTLB58 05-04-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9656607)
I debated this a couple times the past season.

I get sick, sometimes, of the Chiefs honestly doing all the important things wrong. Underwhelming free agency classes, poor drafts, frequent coaching and regime changes.

What if I just hopped on the Seahawks wagon? What would that cost me?

Good coaching, great quarterbacking, player acquisitions and good drafts. Good fans, best stadium in the country...

What stands in my way, honestly?

Nothing, See ya. :thumb:

BourbonMan 05-04-2013 09:49 AM

NEVER..If they moved them out of Kansas City, I would still follow them....BUT, If Kansas City got another team, I would probably start to be a fan of them too. Have been a CHIEFS fan for 30 years.

007 05-04-2013 09:51 AM

As insane as this team makes me, I will always be a fan.

MOhillbilly 05-04-2013 09:53 AM

Some deep game wins would be a start