ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Jake Long not at top of FA LT list (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270060)

Hammock Parties 02-15-2013 09:06 AM

Jake Long not at top of FA LT list

:evil:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...nsive-tackles/

Quote:

2. Jake Long
2012 Grade: -0.4
2012 Snaps: 745

Summary: Two years ago Jake Long was playing in a manner that made many hesitate when judging the Miami Dolphins for passing on Matt Ryan; the Falcons’ signal-caller was elite, but so was Jake Long at the “crucial” position of left tackle. Right now Long is just another example of the “what have you done for me lately” attitude in this league, with the Dolphins seemingly set to let him walk rather than pay him mega-bucks to hang around. Remember, two years ago Long was coming off of three consecutive seasons with a PFF grade of +30.0 or greater and was in the conversation as the league’s best left tackle.

Now, after two injury-affected seasons, Long has seen his performances and his league-wide stock slip somewhat to the extent that some may view him as damaged goods. Even so, Long is still a more than capable left tackle and with the knowledge of the “upside” of the first three years of his career it wouldn’t be a surprise to see someone take a risk on him.

Though he didn’t match his prior level this season, his issue was a couple of dodgy games in pass protection that accounted for a combined -7.4 pass protection grade, as he yielded two sacks, four hits, and four hurries to the Colts and Seahawks. If Long’s value is driven low and he can put the injuries behind him, someone could get a steal here. If not, someone could waste a lot of money on a worn down player entering a downward spiral.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-15-2013 09:11 AM

Soooo worth it for Miami to go with the "sure thing" over the "risky QB"

Mother****erJones 02-15-2013 09:12 AM

**** jake long! Whoever thinks hes better than Albert is crazy

Dante84 02-15-2013 09:12 AM

WE NEED JOEKEL

/idiots

Saul Good 02-15-2013 10:28 AM

They should have drafted DeCastro to play next to him.

Dayze 02-15-2013 10:46 AM

they should sign Albert and move him to guard.

Frankie 02-15-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9404932)
Soooo worth it for Miami to go with the "sure thing" over the "risky QB"

I was pimping hard for JL and I was still right. We were picking at 5. I was sooo shocked and disappointed that Miami took him at the top of the draft. I agree. He was overdrafted by 5 spots.

WhiteWhale 02-15-2013 12:42 PM

I don't understand how PFF grades Albert's run blocking so low when our OL gains a vastly better YPC behind him than it does anywhere else.

Even the Jones/Battle duo averaged 5.0 YPC behind Albert.

Bump 02-15-2013 12:50 PM

the media told me that there aren't any QB's worth drafting so we should go with the LT!!!!!! Look at Miami and Cleveland, a top pick at LT translates to success!

saphojunkie 02-15-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9405471)
the media told me that there aren't any QB's worth drafting so we should go with the LT!!!!!! Look at Miami and Cleveland, a top pick at LT translates to success!

Let's add Trent Williams and Russell Okung to that! I mean the Redskins and Seahawks were in the playoffs, right? Because of the left tackle play!

Oh and we can throw the Jaguars with their genius pick of Eugene Monroe!

None of these teams needed a QB. Just plug and play the left tackle and watch the trophies pile up.

Mr. Laz 03-08-2013 03:09 PM

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport
Two O-linemen who will garner much attention in free agency: T Jake Long and G Andy Levitre. Long getting clean bill of health.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Nightfyre 03-08-2013 03:12 PM

Long may have a clean bill of health, but he still has a lot of explaining to do. Such as why he has regressed each year since his rookie season.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-08-2013 03:40 PM

Um....how is he not at the top of the list?
Posted via Mobile Device

saphojunkie 03-08-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9477624)
Um....how is he not at the top of the list?
Posted via Mobile Device

He's not the best left tackle? Just a guess.

patteeu 03-08-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9405536)
Let's add Trent Williams and Russell Okung to that! I mean the Redskins and Seahawks were in the playoffs, right? Because of the left tackle play!

Oh and we can throw the Jaguars with their genius pick of Eugene Monroe!

None of these teams needed a QB. Just plug and play the left tackle and watch the trophies pile up.

It's hilarious how anti-LT some of you are.