ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Borderlands 2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256390)

The Franchise 02-22-2012 02:36 PM

Borderlands 2

I know there was a leaked video thread but that thread only had 5 posts and the video had since been removed.

The Borderlands 2 Launch Trailer has been released.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MbvsIjikXtY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sofa King 02-22-2012 02:55 PM

Due out in September isn't it? I have very high hopes for this game.

My roommate and i played the hell out of the last one.

The Franchise 02-22-2012 02:58 PM

September 18th to be exact.

And from the looks of that video......it looks ****ing badass.

thecoffeeguy 02-22-2012 03:04 PM

I hope the work on the multiplayer aspect and make it easier for to find/join online games. That was a struggle with the first one.

outside of that, looking forward to it!

Sofa King 02-22-2012 03:07 PM

Oh good. They put the multiplayer top and bottom instead of ****ing side by side. that was my biggest complaint with the first one. And the timing of it realeasing is perfect.

Imon Yourside 02-22-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8390780)
Due out in September isn't it? I have very high hopes for this game.

My roommate and i played the hell out of the last one.

Me too, loved it and LOL your name here is the same as one of the Borderlands Top Modders. BL2-D3-Torchlight 2 are my 3 most anticipated games this year.

Sofa King 02-22-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8390830)
Me too, loved it and LOL your name here is the same as one of the Borderlands Top Modders. BL2-D3-Torchlight 2 are my 3 most anticipated games this year.

Seems we have very similar gaming tastes. I've been waiting for D3 for FAR too long. I played the shit outta D2, and some D1 (single player on Ps1).

Just bought Torchlight about a month and a half ago. Not a bad game. Haven't spent much time on it.

Imon Yourside 02-22-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8390843)
Seems we have very similar gaming tastes. I've been waiting for D3 for FAR too long. I played the shit outta D2, and some D1 (single player on Ps1).

Just bought Torchlight about a month and a half ago. Not a bad game. Haven't spent much time on it.

Have you played Titan Quest?

Sofa King 02-22-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8390846)
Have you played Titan Quest?

Negative. Describe it!

Imon Yourside 02-22-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8390857)
Negative. Describe it!

Plays very much like Diablo 2 with much better graphics, I recently bought it again with the expansion for $5.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qNOY8N-RMUw?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qNOY8N-RMUw?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Buck 02-22-2012 03:33 PM

I bought Borderlands back when it came out, I didn't really care for it (I was all about MW2 and MW2 only back then) and I never played it, but my 2 roommates played the whole game with each other and loved it. I've heard it's better while doing Co-Op.

I bought it on Steam for like $5-$10 a while back. Is it a fun single-player game too?

The Franchise 02-22-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8390884)
I bought Borderlands back when it came out, I didn't really care for it (I was all about MW2 and MW2 only back then) and I never played it, but my 2 roommates played the whole game with each other and loved it. I've heard it's better while doing Co-Op.

I bought it on Steam for like $5-$10 a while back. Is it a fun single-player game too?

Hell yeah.

Sofa King 02-22-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8390878)
Plays very much like Diablo 2 with much better graphics, I recently bought it again with the expansion for $5.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qNOY8N-RMUw?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qNOY8N-RMUw?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Oh hell yeah. That looks awesome.

frankotank 02-22-2012 03:37 PM

DUDE! that so kicks ASS! I LOVE THIS GAME. I've beaten the first one four ways from Sunday. I actually popped it in and played a little last night. it's no fun anymore though because I'm AWESOME! wow I can't wait for this new one. what would I do without CP!?

Imon Yourside 02-22-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8390895)
DUDE! that so kicks ASS! I LOVE THIS GAME. I've beaten the first one four ways from Sunday. I actually popped it in and played a little last night. it's no fun anymore though because I'm AWESOME! wow I can't wait for this new one. what would I do without CP!?

The Arena combat is still awesome not matter how many times you play it.

frankotank 02-22-2012 03:53 PM

I had beaten the last monster and was messing around in live and ran into two dudes that had mods. one gave me a machine gun with something like 4 million power. the other guy gave me a shield with something like 10 million power. so now that character can stand unfazed while being beaten by a crowd and one bullet blows dudes to hamburger. on the one hand it's kinda cool.....on the other hand....WHY WHY WHY would you play like that? what fun could there be? I just don't understand why people mod things.

on an aside note....I often wonder how many mods are running around in black ops and MW3.

Imon Yourside 02-22-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8390954)
I had beaten the last monster and was messing around in live and ran into two dudes that had mods. one gave me a machine gun with something like 4 million power. the other guy gave me a shield with something like 10 million power. so now that character can stand unfazed while being beaten by a crowd and one bullet blows dudes to hamburger. on the one hand it's kinda cool.....on the other hand....WHY WHY WHY would you play like that? what fun could there be? I just don't understand why people mod things.

on an aside note....I often wonder how many mods are running around in black ops and MW3.

I believe those weapons are patched, or do they still work?

cookster50 02-23-2012 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8390895)
what would I do without CP!?

Chicks

frankotank 02-23-2012 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8391924)
I believe those weapons are patched, or do they still work?

I don't know! I'll have to check. I never use that guy anymore (actually I rarely even play it at all anymore I've gone thru so many times) cause he's leveled out and there are no challenges left so he's not fun anymore.

Imon Yourside 02-23-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8392252)
I don't know! I'll have to check. I never use that guy anymore (actually I rarely even play it at all anymore I've gone thru so many times) cause he's leveled out and there are no challenges left so he's not fun anymore.

Ya i think they patched that crazy stuff and you are lvl 69? i know they increased max level after the 3 dlc's to i think 69.

frankotank 02-23-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8392357)
Ya i think they patched that crazy stuff and you are lvl 69? i know they increased max level after the 3 dlc's to i think 69.

yeah I'm pretty sure. I'm maxed out and have all the dlc's so 69 sounds right. gotta check it out tonight. I tell ya, pretty cool hitting a dude with just one bullet outta that machine gun and watching him blow to tiny bits.

speaking of the dlc's....coulda done without the zombies. half life kinda freaked me out and ruined me on zombies. I mean come one....how the hell does a zombie jump up in front of you in two inches of water!

Imon Yourside 02-23-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8393006)
yeah I'm pretty sure. I'm maxed out and have all the dlc's so 69 sounds right. gotta check it out tonight. I tell ya, pretty cool hitting a dude with just one bullet outta that machine gun and watching him blow to tiny bits.

speaking of the dlc's....coulda done without the zombies. half life kinda freaked me out and ruined me on zombies. I mean come one....how the hell does a zombie jump up in front of you in two inches of water!

Moxxi's and Knoxx were great, Robot Revolution was good and the zombie dlc was just ok.

QuikSsurfer 02-23-2012 02:03 PM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-conte...mg/amazing.gif

The Franchise 02-23-2012 02:03 PM

Just ok? The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned was ****ing hilarious.

frankotank 02-24-2012 11:26 AM

OK, I checked it out. my mods are still working. I had forgotten how insane they are and that I actually have two modded guns.
(when the guy gave me the shield he said...watch my guy when I drop this shield...so when he did about 1000 shields poured out onto the ground. there was a huge pile of them. all the same... he said he cannot get rid of it...as in he can't truly drop it)

shield = 2,147,483,647 (I shit you not!)
repeater = 303,570 * 5
machine gun = 487,211 * 3

when I shoot an unarmored guy with just one shot it's awesome...just blood and little bits explode everywhere. I went to the underdome for a while just to play around. in horde wave I'd wait for them all to get around me then just start blasting. even the bosses explode on one shot.

September 18th is marked on my calendar!

is it true you can be banned from XBOX if you are using mods live? sounds kinda harsh.

frankotank 02-24-2012 12:20 PM

interesting article.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entert...,7387995.story

wouldn't have posted here except for this
"And as far as we know, you'll be able to take your stats with you online and off."

that is one thing I hated about the original....I actually enjoyed leveling up by myself. but then I'd go into live and lose my accomplishments.

also read somewhere that the dual wielding on the big guy is for ANY combination of guns. cool.

Imon Yourside 02-25-2012 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8393136)
Just ok? The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned was ****ing hilarious.

Ya The humor is awesome, i'm admittedly not a big fan of zombies though. It was IMO my least favorite DLC. I am not saying it was horrible, I still played through it just not my favorite. I remember when Moxxi's 1st came out no one liked it, but as everyone finished the game the arena combat was welcomed.

Imon Yourside 02-25-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8395144)
OK, I checked it out. my mods are still working. I had forgotten how insane they are and that I actually have two modded guns.
(when the guy gave me the shield he said...watch my guy when I drop this shield...so when he did about 1000 shields poured out onto the ground. there was a huge pile of them. all the same... he said he cannot get rid of it...as in he can't truly drop it)

shield = 2,147,483,647 (I shit you not!)
repeater = 303,570 * 5
machine gun = 487,211 * 3

when I shoot an unarmored guy with just one shot it's awesome...just blood and little bits explode everywhere. I went to the underdome for a while just to play around. in horde wave I'd wait for them all to get around me then just start blasting. even the bosses explode on one shot.

September 18th is marked on my calendar!

is it true you can be banned from XBOX if you are using mods live? sounds kinda harsh.

I think it's maybe just the PC version that was patched to prevent that kind of cheating. We have an item editor but we can't make anything that ridiculous anymore.

Imon Yourside 08-07-2012 11:23 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NWe2k_ftWu0?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nicvyhrmTDs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bump 08-09-2012 07:24 PM

I haven't played the first one but I plan on getting this. Assuming TL2 isn't out by then.

Imon Yourside 08-09-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8804263)
I haven't played the first one but I plan on getting this. Assuming TL2 isn't out by then.

I'll be getting both, and this will be out in 5 weeks. 09/18

Bump 08-11-2012 01:26 PM

just picked up Borderlands GOTY. Pretty sweet so far, I wish I never missed this one.

frankotank 08-13-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8799757)
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NWe2k_ftWu0?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nicvyhrmTDs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cool videos.
man I'm stoked. can't wait for this to be released. just pre-ordered.
playing B1 as Roland and just beat Knoxx this weekend...dropped thru the floor so I wouldn't activate the timer and went thru each and every loot box. I'm loaded for bear now. I've maxxed out Brick at level 69 so I've been thru the loot boxes in the armory before...but I guess I got lucky this time. found a few anarchy smgs that are ridiculous.

I watched all of the interview video hoping he would confirm something I've read (and posted the article in here) before....that being.....you are going to be able to play by yourself offline and take your stats with you online. I hated that you couldn't do that with B1. anybody know if that's still in the works. to be specific, I'm playing by myself offline and level up to a 20. when I go online I should be a 20. that certainly wasn't the case with B1.

Bump 08-13-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8813760)
cool videos.
playing B1 as Roland and just beat Knoxx this weekend...dropped thru the floor so I wouldn't activate the timer and went thru each and every loot box. I'm loaded for bear now. I've maxxed out Brick at level 69 so I've been thru the loot boxes in the armory before...but I guess I got lucky this time. found a few anarchy smgs that are ridiculous.

I watched all of the interview video hoping he would confirm something I've read (and posted the article in here) before....that being.....you are going to be able to play by yourself offline and take your stats with you online. I hated that you couldn't do that with B1. anybody know if that's still in the works. to be specific, I'm playing by myself offline and level up to a 20. when I go online I should be a 20. that certainly wasn't the case with B1.

I just bought the game and am lvl 14, it's my first time playing. I started out playing single player and then started playing online co-op. I didn't notice any difference, I'm not sure what you mean.

Imon Yourside 08-13-2012 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8813760)
cool videos.

Yes you can play the same chars off/online, game doesn't have closed servers.

Imon Yourside 08-13-2012 10:14 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qgcAq34Sifw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Franchise 08-14-2012 09:34 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aBaYVo89mmY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Franchise 08-14-2012 09:40 AM

Anybody picking up the Deluxe Vault Hunter's edition? If you pre order it from Gamestop....this is what you get for $99.99.

Quote:

Gearbox Gold Gun Pack - A package of unique Gearbox Golden Guns to help you start your journey on Pandora!
Golden Key - Unlock a rare item in the mysterious Sanctuary Loot Chest.
Vault Hunter's Relic - Play solo or team up with friends and boost your gear-hunting fortune with the Vault Hunter's Relic.
New Character Class - Receive a free download of the all-new Mechromancer character class as soon as she's available

Four Sticker Set
Game Case
Game Disc
Comic Book Download
Authentic Mercus Bobblehead
Inside the Vault Hardbound Book
Map of Pandora

Sofa King 08-14-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hacksaw Jim Duggan (Post 8816032)
Anybody picking up the Deluxe Vault Hunter's edition? If you pre order it from Gamestop....this is what you get for $99.99.

I NEED TO GET THOSE STICKERS!!! THEY ARE WORTH THE EXTRA $40!!

The Franchise 08-14-2012 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan (Post 8816038)
I NEED TO GET THOSE STICKERS!!! THEY ARE WORTH THE EXTRA $40!!

I'm thinking more along the lines of the extra content.

The Franchise 08-14-2012 09:45 AM

Nevermind....I'm dumb. You get that shit with pre-ordering the regular version as well.

Those stickers are pretty sweet though.

Sofa King 08-14-2012 10:10 AM

A BOBBLEHEAD DOLL! SWEET! I'M GOING TO GET A BUSHWHACKERBOYD BOBBLEHEAD WITH GHOST AND A SPAS-12 SHOTGUN + SUPPRESSOR!

Ceej 08-14-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan (Post 8816095)
A BOBBLEHEAD DOLL! SWEET! I'M GOING TO GET A BUSHWHACKERBOYD BOBBLEHEAD WITH GHOST AND A SPAS-12 SHOTGUN + SUPPRESSOR!

HAXOR!!111!

Sofa King 08-14-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 8816098)
HAXOR!!111!

OH NOES!111!!!1!!

http://th676.photobucket.com/albums/...th_oh_noes.gif

Imon Yourside 08-15-2012 10:22 AM

Borderlands 2's Mechromancer Ahead of Schedule

Written by: Rocco DeMaro | August 15, 2012 at 6:28AM

The initial plan for Borderlands 2's fifth playable class, called The Mechromancer, was to ship the content two to three months after BL2 hit the market.

That estimate was later revised to a more firm 60 day timeline.

Leaping into the present (and as our headline attests) that schedule has, again, been pushed forward. Word comes today from Gamescom that Gearbox is going to beat the 60-day estimate.

Producer Randy Varnell: "We're going to beat that estimate."

See!

The news gathering on this bit goes to Joystiq, which collected the quote at Gamescom.

Mr. Varnell wouldn't specify a new window for the character's release.

The Mechromancer, if you remember, will be free if you pre-order the highly-anticipated title… which, if you like shooting and looting, you totally should.

In terms of my personal hierarchy of anticipated fall releases, Borderlands 2 sits in the second spot, behind only XCOM: Enemy Unknown (which Miguel Lopez and I discussed at length in the latest Side Mission Briefing). Trailing those two would be Halo 4, then Dishonored. Assassin's Creed III rounds out my Top-5.

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mis...ad-of-schedule

frankotank 08-16-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8813773)
I just bought the game and am lvl 14, it's my first time playing. I started out playing single player and then started playing online co-op. I didn't notice any difference, I'm not sure what you mean.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8815219)
Yes you can play the same chars off/online, game doesn't have closed servers.

you guys got me wondering if somethings changed. long ago I played thru single player as brick and maxxed out on levels (61 or 69...can't remember). I like to do shit myself, without help, and I get all the loot! so I was not happy when I went online and I was a level 1. maybe it ain't like that anymore....(or maybe I did something wrong....) but it was like that when I first got this game. I'm certainly hoping B2 won't be that way because once again.....I'm gonna play thru alone/offline first. (I'm wondering if I maxxed Brick out BEFORE I subscribed to XBOX Live?? maybe that's what happened....been too long ago)

Bump, I'm curious which character you picked. I took Brick to max. I took Roland to 50-ish. Lately I've been playing as the dude with the bloodwig and it seems the lamest of the three as far as the special power.

Sofa King 08-16-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8823360)
you guys got me wondering if somethings changed. long ago I played thru single player as brick and maxxed out on levels (61 or 69...can't remember). I like to do shit myself, without help, and I get all the loot! so I was not happy when I went online and I was a level 1. maybe it ain't like that anymore....(or maybe I did something wrong....) but it was like that when I first got this game. I'm certainly hoping B2 won't be that way because once again.....I'm gonna play thru alone/offline first. (I'm wondering if I maxxed Brick out BEFORE I subscribed to XBOX Live?? maybe that's what happened....been too long ago)

Bump, I'm curious which character you picked. I took Brick to max. I took Roland to 50-ish. Lately I've been playing as the dude with the bloodwig and it seems the lamest of the three as far as the special power.

All you had to do was load your character and you would have been able to play brick online. Just choose the "load character" option instead of "Create new".

The Franchise 08-16-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8823360)

You're joking....right?

The Bloodwing is badass. You can set it up so that it steals health, slows enemies and makes them drop more loot. Throw that bitch into a room before you jump in and he'll have 6 of the enemies already dead (maxed out).

Imon Yourside 08-16-2012 11:55 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kAfzjTAhpBk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sucks that i have an ATI card.

Sofa King 08-17-2012 07:28 AM

Well, I've got the GTX, but I'll probably buy this for the PS3 again anyways.

Imon Yourside 08-17-2012 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan (Post 8825063)
Well, I've got the GTX, but I'll probably buy this for the PS3 again anyways.

Really? and miss out on all that user created content? I never buy a game on a console that is also available on pc.

Sofa King 08-17-2012 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8825064)
Really? and miss out on all that user created content? I never buy a game on a console that is also available on pc.

A lot of the reason this game was so fun the first time was due to playing with my roommate. He doesn't have a computer that would run it, so we'll probably play it on the Ps3 again.

Imon Yourside 08-17-2012 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan (Post 8825075)
A lot of the reason this game was so fun the first time was due to playing with my roommate. He doesn't have a computer that would run it, so we'll probably play it on the Ps3 again.

Gotcha, could probably wait for a steam sale as well.

Sofa King 08-17-2012 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8825103)
Gotcha, could probably wait for a steam sale as well.

Yeah. That's actually a good idea. This last steam sale was my first one. Scored some good games. Metro 2033 was awesome. That steam sale has really turned me on to indie games.

Imon Yourside 08-17-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan (Post 8825117)
Yeah. That's actually a good idea. This last steam sale was my first one. Scored some good games. Metro 2033 was awesome. That steam sale has really turned me on to indie games.

ever play Trine/2? great indie game.

Sofa King 08-17-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8825122)
ever play Trine/2? great indie game.

I've played the demo. I passed on buying the full game in favor of a couple other games. Bought Metro 2033, Arkam City, Krater, Path of Exile and a couple other cheap ones.

Imon Yourside 08-17-2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan (Post 8825211)
I've played the demo. I passed on buying the full game in favor of a couple other games. Bought Metro 2033, Arkam City, Krater, Path of Exile and a couple other cheap ones.

Krater? i tried playing that but man it sucks really bad. Does it get any better?

Sofa King 08-17-2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8825221)
Krater? i tried playing that but man it sucks really bad. Does it get any better?

I barely started then the last steam sale hit. I'll start playing it more when it gets cold out and I'm forced inside again.

frankotank 08-17-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hacksaw Jim Duggan (Post 8823462)
You're joking....right?

The Bloodwing is badass. You can set it up so that it steals health, slows enemies and makes them drop more loot. Throw that bitch into a room before you jump in and he'll have 6 of the enemies already dead (maxed out).

good to know. I went from 7 to level 10 last night and maxed out bloodwig damage. it makes a huge diff. cutting dudes in half now. I am becoming a believer.

frankotank 08-20-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hacksaw Jim Duggan (Post 8823462)
You're joking....right?

Loving bloodwig more and more.....so eventually he will kill multiple enemies?

Ceej 08-20-2012 10:37 AM

For those who have played the game Rage is the Borderlands series similar?!

Imon Yourside 08-20-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 8835172)
For those who have played the game Rage is the Borderlands series similar?!

Nope Borderlands is a gazillion times better than rage. Rage is just a shooter and an average one at that.

Ceej 08-20-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8835444)
Nope Borderlands is a gazillion times better than rage. Rage is just a shooter and an average one at that.

I have really enjoyed it so far though.

It was better than what I was expecting.

Imon Yourside 08-20-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 8835453)

The racing bullcrap sucked, the enemies are decent and fun but i think you will find Borderlands much better.

Sofa King 08-20-2012 01:28 PM

Borderlands is just ****ing awesome.

Ceej 08-20-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8835491)
The racing bullcrap sucked, the enemies are decent and fun but i think you will find Borderlands much better.

Yeah. I'm not a huge fan of it.

but, everything else I've surprisingly enjoyed.

thecoffeeguy 08-20-2012 02:59 PM

Super excited for Borderlands 2!

Imon Yourside 08-20-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 8835453)

The only thing i think is better about Rage is the graphic style, i'm not a huge fan of the Borderlands art but hey it's the gameplay that counts for everything.

frankotank 08-22-2012 10:19 AM

not sure if this is from 1 or 2...but it's just too cool!
when 2 gets released I'm gonna be ALL ABOUT IT....
man my wifes gonna be pissed. lock and load bitches!

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...el_29_Zaph.png

frankotank 08-22-2012 10:27 AM

the one above almost certainly B1. I've played a ton and never seen it.
this one is B2. 5453 damage! WTF! it's gonna be like THAT!?

http://aworkofart.eu/wp-content/uplo...Tediore_02.jpg

The Franchise 08-22-2012 04:15 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/z7p0A9GVTtE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lcarus 08-22-2012 04:21 PM

Borderlands looked pretty sweet but I never cared for it much when I actually sat down to play it. My brother and our friend played the unholy shit out of it together though. They're psyched to get the sequel.

Pants 08-22-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8842331)
Borderlands looked pretty sweet but I never cared for it much when I actually sat down to play it. My brother and our friend played the unholy shit out of it together though. They're psyched to get the sequel.

Agreed.

Imon Yourside 08-22-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8841250)
the one above almost certainly B1. I've played a ton and never seen it.
this one is B2. 5453 damage! WTF! it's gonna be like THAT!?

http://aworkofart.eu/wp-content/uplo...Tediore_02.jpg

The graphics there look a TON better than Borderlands 1, can't wait :)

The Franchise 08-23-2012 12:25 PM

Ready to waste some time?

http://www.wubwub.eu/demake.php

Go play Borderlands in 1989......in 16 bit.

Imon Yourside 08-23-2012 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8844592)
Ready to waste some time?

http://www.wubwub.eu/demake.php

Go play Borderlands in 1989......in 16 bit.

friggin hilarious, and somewhat fun to boot.

The Franchise 08-24-2012 10:12 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6d91Zvujs5g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

frankotank 08-24-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8847347)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6d91Zvujs5g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

sigh.....
ever seen the South Park episode where Cartman just can't WAIT three weeks for a new game to come out so he tries to freeze himself to make time go by faster...

we're 3 weeks 3 days out.....glad it's not winter....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_God_Go

frankotank 08-27-2012 10:53 AM

I've never played as Mordecai before. the bloodwing thing is frigging AWESOME! I have more money than I know what to do with. I've purchased 3 of the coolest class mods. I'm switching between health regen, sniper power/amo regen and bloodwing power. after it's collected dust for over a year I'm having a blast with this game all over again.

last night something weird happened though....I was in Old Haven and each time I'd fill my backpack I'd drop everything I didn't care about off the roof of the building directly over the vending machines...planning on selling it all on the way out when I finished the mission. one of the things I decided to drop was a 9009 dollar reavers edge sniper (I'd found a better one). anyways I bet I dropped at least 20 things over the edge. when I finished the mission and get back to the vending machines only THREE items were there!!! WTF!? at least one was the reavers edge gun so I could get my 9K out of it...but what a ripoff. I've been in XBOX live and come across huge piles of weapons. I don't get it. what happend to all my stuff??
I was like....
http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/3...ownsonofab.jpg

Imon Yourside 08-31-2012 10:51 AM

<iframe width="650" height="350" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yqLkUgIOH7A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

btw the sept 21 release date is for Europe, still the 18th here.