ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs It's time to move on from Alex Smith. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=305249)

Chiefs Pantalones 01-15-2017 10:40 PM

It's time to move on from Alex Smith.

He wasn't even the main reason we lost. We're just never gonna win a Super Bowl with him. It's time.

The two best QBs in the AFC are left to play for the right to play in the Super Bowl. Not shocking.

Every team that has won their playoff matchup has had the better QB. Unless you have an elite defense the better QB is more often than not gonna win the matchup. It's not rocket science.

Time to draft one high. Finally.

New World Order 01-15-2017 10:41 PM

Damn straight.

petegz28 01-15-2017 10:42 PM

Smith was not the reason we lost. Dude missed a pass to Maclin and that was about it. I don't care who the QB is, when you call plays like we do and you can't block, can't rush the QB and can't catch the ****ing ball..Smith is hardly the problem

TigeRRUppeRRcut 01-15-2017 10:42 PM

We haven't even drafted his replacement yet.. He's playing the 2017 season barring injury with his expected cap hit

beach tribe 01-15-2017 10:42 PM

Why, you think he should throw it to Tyreek sprinting wide open?

ChiefRocka 01-15-2017 10:44 PM

I kinda agree after this one. Game was planned short around his abilities, against a shitty Steeler secondary. Need to do better Reid.....Dorsey!

beach tribe 01-15-2017 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 12689047)
Smith was not the reason we lost. Dude missed a pass to Maclin and that was about it. I don't care who the QB is, when you call plays like we do and you can't block, can't rush the QB and can't catch the ****ing ball..Smith is hardly the problem

He missed two wide open TDs to Tyreek.
But he would have had to throw it more than 10 yards so...

St. Patty's Fire 01-15-2017 10:45 PM

of course when we got our first overall it was right after luck and newton. typical chiefs.

if you look at the chiefs history, we are historically a thin team at the qb position. and a team that doesnt win in the playoffs. that correlation is obvious. i like alex smith quite a bit, but were not the 85 bears. even if we were, the way the game is played today, i dont see it working more often than not.

draft qbs every draft. next time there is a legit looking star qb, take the hit and be a bad teamfor one year so you can be good for 15.

with our lick well get ryan leaf tho so it wont even matter

RobBlake 01-15-2017 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 12689056)

He missed hill on that play and on two point conversion. Draft a replacement, Alex is to complacent. If they run a different offense...

petegz28 01-15-2017 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 12689075)
He missed two wide open TDs to Tyreek.

No, he didn't. He had no chance to make those throws.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 01-15-2017 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 12689074)
I kinda agree after this one. Game was planned short around his abilities, against a shitty Steeler secondary. Need to do better Reid.....Dorsey!

Pitt secondary and defense has been solid this half of the season.. Don't kid yourself

FlintHillsChiefs 01-15-2017 10:46 PM

Christ. Smith wasn't the reason we lost today. Yes, he missed a wide open Hill. Of course, Harrison was all over his ass that play.... a guy Eric Fisher was guarding. He also made some great throws today that were flat out dropped. The reason we lost is because Fisher is not worthy of a starting position let alone his contract.

mnchiefsguy 01-15-2017 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 12689056)

Not once, but twice.

At the end of the day, scoring 16 points in a playoff game is not acceptable.

Need to start drafting QB's.

As much as I ****ing hate horse-face, I give him credit....he does not put up with shit like this. Tebow wasn't getting it done, he flushed him....John Fox wins four straight division titles but sucks in the post season...flush him.

The entire offense was shit. Including the QB. No sugar coating this.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 01-15-2017 10:47 PM

How about our run game this season after coming off a strong 2015 season....

beach tribe 01-15-2017 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobBlake (Post 12689089)
He missed hill on that play and on two point conversion. Draft a replacement, Alex is to complacent. If they run a different offense...

Also missed Reek beating his man by 7 yards for another TD.