ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Eric Winston Does KCTV Weather Ad (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269643)

BigMeatballDave 02-03-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 9374809)
I hope you're right. I just know how the media likes to put stories into "context". They love being able to reference something as "brave" and "inspiring" as Winston standing up for the poor, abused players.

If the Chiefs have a great season this year, you may hear about it, but not in a negative way.

Molitoth 02-03-2013 03:09 PM

I really didn't think it was funny at all.

brorth 02-03-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 9374634)
You guys need to get a grip. Those of you that are hating on the guy have obviously never really been part of a team or a platoon, have you? I sure wouldn't have wanted you in my foxhole.

You go to bat for your teammates no matter what. You stand up for your brothers. That's all the guy was doing, and in the heat of the moment his perception was maybe a tad skewed.

No, the entire stadium was not cheering Cassel's injury. Some most certainly were. That is a sad statement of just how bad things had to get before we, as fans, got change.

Get the sand out of your vag and get on with your life. Winston's an above average RT and is not in any way a problem. I LIKE that he stood up for his QB-yes, even if it was Mediocre Matt. It shows that he's a good teammate. I haven't seen the ad, but I think the concept is really quite funny and is a step towards healing the rift that developed between city and team. You have to remember- it's not like these guys weren't trying. It's not like they didn't care. Their coaches were overmatched and their QB was shit. It's not just a job, it's their life and I'm sure it hurts them to lose more than it hurts the fans-and I'm sure when the fans turn on them that hurts, too.

It is a positive sign that even in the depths of the worst season in franchise history, with the worst coaching and worst QB play-that these guys were still trying to play for each other. That makes the hill Reid has to climb a lot easier as you don't have to clean house, you just need to build on it.

With all due respect, **** off.
I can decide who I like and don't like as players.
If you like him great, I think he's a big fat fake pussy.
I hope the **** gets cut outright.

If you know what you're talking about, you should realize the value of your platoon keeping their ****ing mouths shut.
Loud noises draw fire to your foxhole, right?
Keep your voice low and your head lower.

MMXcalibur 02-03-2013 03:17 PM

Bunch of whiny bitches in this thread. I didn't think it was funny, but at least the dude's trying.

TribalElder 02-03-2013 03:20 PM

It might run during the game?

BigMeatballDave 02-03-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brorth (Post 9374827)
With all due respect, **** off.
I can decide who I like and don't like as players.
If you like him great, I think he's a big fat fake pussy.
I hope the **** gets cut outright.

If you know what you're talking about, you should realize the value of your platoon keeping their ****ing mouths shut.
Loud noises draw fire to your foxhole, right?
Keep your voice low and your head lower.

Cut him?

Dumb.

unlurking 02-03-2013 03:46 PM

That was pretty lame.

Easy 6 02-03-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9374429)
PR move to endear Winston to the fans. I guess this is his attempt at an apology.

Exactly.

I'll give the idea an A for originality, but he's not off the hook yet.

Schottenheimer 02-03-2013 03:52 PM

I still don't like him for how he handled the Cassel situation

Agent V 02-03-2013 05:00 PM

Jesus Christ, guys.

keg in kc 02-03-2013 05:24 PM

That looked like it was done by a high school a/v club.

-King- 02-03-2013 06:42 PM

The acting was ****ing horrible.

PaulAllen 02-03-2013 07:55 PM

Remember how everybody thought the entire Kansas City fan base was a bunch of classless assholes?

Good times...thanks Eric

BigMeatballDave 02-03-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9375348)
The acting was ****ing horrible.

:LOL:

Were you expecting an Oscar-worthy performance?

PriestMVP31 02-03-2013 08:46 PM

Good God, you guys need to learn how to move on.