ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Hand Guns (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272782)

Hoover 05-05-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc (Post 9658492)
Clearly I'm no expert, but if she can't operate an auto, does she have any business carrying a firearm?

She can do it, she just struggles with it.

She wants to be able to defend herself. Since she's an attorney and deals with scumbags every once in a while I think its a good thing.

R8RFAN 05-05-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9658706)
She can do it, she just struggles with it.

She wants to be able to defend herself. Since she's an attorney and deals with scumbags every once in a while I think its a good thing.

I think it is an excellent thing that your wife is smart enough to want to defend herself.

Hoover 05-05-2013 10:15 AM

She's really kicks-ass

I'm a lucky dude.

LiveSteam 05-05-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9658795)
She's really kicks-ass

I'm a lucky dude.

Does she have nice boobies? if not I would buy those first

Iowanian 05-05-2013 05:16 PM

There have been good suggestions.

If I were you and lived where you do, I'd take her to Sportsman's warehouse and have her hold several different makes/models. See how they fit her hand, how she likes the balance and if she can pull the slide.

A single stack will most likely fit her hand the best. The personal CCW .380s are pretty small and IMO aren't what she's going to want for a purse/home weapon.

XDM is a good choice, I do like the bodyguard in contrast to what I said above and I'll be one of the guys who will tell you that while you can get a really nice Kimber or higher end name brand, you don't have to. I have a single stack 9m Taurus Millenium that I like a lot and brideowanian shoots it well.

First handgun she fired was a taurus judge with 410 home defense rounds, then I got her a Ruger SR .22 to get comfortable shooting, and then move her up until she's ready to shoot a 1911 .45.

If you want to bring her down to my farm, I could let her shoot up to a dozen models.

notorious 05-05-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 9660189)

First handgun she fired was a taurus judge with 410 home defense rounds, then I got her a Ruger SR .22 to get comfortable shooting, and then move her up until she's ready to shoot a 1911 .45.

The 1911 is the first gun my wife and sister in laws go for ever time we are shooting.

It's also strange that my Beretta 92fs gets a lot of love, too. The handle on it is massive.

The Glocks collect dust (like they should :D)

Iowanian 05-05-2013 05:23 PM

I don't care for glock at all. Never have liked them and it would be my opinion that they are not an entry level weapon.

I had a Model 36 .45, shot it one time and sold it.

notorious 05-05-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 9660212)
I don't care for glock at all. Never have liked them and it would be my opinion that they are not an entry level weapon.

I had a Model 36 .45, shot it one time and sold it.

By brother has a Glock .40 cal.

If I were attacked and had that gun on me I might use it as a club instead of firing it.

I am obviously over-stating it, but I shoot it every time we get together, and hate it more and more.

My Beretta and SW 1911 are soooo much better IMO.

petegz28 05-05-2013 05:30 PM

if it's one she wants to carry I would go with a .380.

petegz28 05-05-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9660218)

If I were attacked and had that gun on me I might use it as a club instead of firing it.

I am obviously over-stating it, but I shoot it every time we get together, and hate it more and more.

I have a Beretta PX4 Storm .40 and love it. People compliment me on it all the time. I didn't care for the way the Glock felt in my hand. Never evne tried to shoot the Glock because of that.

Hoover 05-05-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 9660189)
There have been good suggestions.

If I were you and lived where you do, I'd take her to Sportsman's warehouse and have her hold several different makes/models. See how they fit her hand, how she likes the balance and if she can pull the slide.

A single stack will most likely fit her hand the best. The personal CCW .380s are pretty small and IMO aren't what she's going to want for a purse/home weapon.

XDM is a good choice, I do like the bodyguard in contrast to what I said above and I'll be one of the guys who will tell you that while you can get a really nice Kimber or higher end name brand, you don't have to. I have a single stack 9m Taurus Millenium that I like a lot and brideowanian shoots it well.

If you want to bring her down to my farm, I could let her shoot up to a dozen models.

We did Sportsmen's today. I found plenty of stuff I wanted, but they didn't have much in stock.

Iowanian 05-05-2013 06:29 PM

Most places don't have much these days. You'll get a better deal there most of the time compared to sheels or bass pro. There are other places that are worth a look too like Fleet Farm......or a gun show.

Hoover 05-05-2013 06:43 PM

Can't wait for the Fleet & Farm to open in Ankeny. Can't believe Des Moines doesn't already have a store like that.

For now we are just trying to get as many different models in her hands. Friend of my does combat training so I think I might just see if we can set something up with him at a range so she can get comfortable.

RNR 05-05-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9660218)

I love my Sig 40, my son has the compact Glock 40. I have shot it and it is a little jumpy but I had little problem grouping with it~

notorious 05-05-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNR (Post 9660470)
I love my Sig 40, my son has the compact Glock 40. I have shot it and it is a little jumpy but I had little problem grouping with it~

Jumpy is the perfect word to expain a Glock. Follow up shot FAIL.

I won't even get into my dad's Baby Glock. I dislike it more than my wife's LC9.