ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Next GM Short-List: Who's your pick and why? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265883)

Dayze 10-29-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9064066)
Mike Maslowski.

**** that, you know shit. Case Printers

Coogs 10-29-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9064244)
:facepalm:

Look, the dude was a Rhodes Scholar candidate. I'm sure he is smart enough to recognize football talent. I'm sure he is smart enough to make wise decisions with regards to building a team.

I like him as a prospect. That was the purpose of the thread.

DaneMcCloud 10-29-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9064263)
Look, the dude was a Rhodes Scholar candidate. I'm sure he is smart enough to recognize football talent. I'm sure he is smart enough to make wise decisions with regards to building a team.

I like him as a prospect. That was the purpose of the thread.

Yeah, that sounds like a GREAT idea.

Hire a guy that's never worked in the NFL and ask him to rebuild your franchise through free agency and the draft because, well, he's smart and can figure it out.

Coogs 10-29-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtmike (Post 9064250)
Prolly has his own ideas because by the sounds of it he's never been part of putting together an NFL team so he has no ideas cause he has no idea.

Sorry, but no thanks.

That's fine if you want the standard Steelers, Giants, Ravens, Packers response. I'm cool with it.

I think the guy is smart enough to build a team. Look what he did with his own son. And I am assuming he coached up his son a bit as a young lad with the finer points of the game, because he knows what the finer points are.

Coogs 10-29-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9064271)
Yeah, that sounds like a GREAT idea.

Hire a guy that's never worked in the NFL and ask him to rebuild your franchise through free agency and the draft because, well, he's smart and can figure it out.

So I think outside the box once in a while. Sue me!

T-post Tom 10-29-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9063090)
I want Marc Ross. He's the Giants director of college scouting and has been overseeing their draft for 5 years.

Really young, and apart of an incredible organization. The Giants don't typically spend in free agency. He's the one who found Victor Cruz, drafted Nicks, Kenny Phillips.

I think he would also be a guy that wouldn't have any ties or any other bullshit where he picked from a shallow pool of candidates.

I'd go for this.

It needs to be done ASAP. Then quickly hire a PROVEN HC with connections so that he can cherry pick his coordinators from the failed & soon-to-be-fired HCs that were great coordinators.

Coogs 10-29-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 9064303)
I'd go for this.

Packers... franchise QB's Favre and Rodgers
Giants... franchise QB Manning
Ravens... franchise GM Newsome... who may or may not be able to get a franchise QB
Steelers... franchise QB Roethlisberger

Patriots... franchise QB Brady

Buyers beware. Not saying it's a bad idea at all. But franchise QB's make a lot of things look pretty good.

Hammock Parties 10-29-2012 09:29 PM

Flacco is a franchise QB. No question at this point.

Coogs 10-29-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9064344)
Flacco is a franchise QB. No question at this point.

I'd tend to agree.

Dayze 10-29-2012 09:30 PM

Too risky. Shut your face. We need a LT first

Mr_Tomahawk 10-29-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9064284)
That's fine if you want the standard Steelers, Giants, Ravens, Packers response. I'm cool with it.

I think the guy is smart enough to build a team. Look what he did with his own son. And I am assuming he coached up his son a bit as a young lad with the finer points of the game, because he knows what the finer points are.

We should go after Archie Manning...right?

Coogs 10-29-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9064368)
We should go after Archie Manning...right?

Probably could do worse.

DaneMcCloud 10-29-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9064300)
So I think outside the box once in a while. Sue me!

"Thinking outside the box" is how Matt Millen had a job, as well as Marty Hurney (former sports writer).

The Chiefs NEED a GM that's been a proven scout and personnel director.

Not a guy that's never been either.

T-post Tom 10-29-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9064334)
Packers... franchise QB's Favre and Rodgers
Giants... franchise QB Manning
Ravens... franchise GM Newsome... who may or may not be able to get a franchise QB
Steelers... franchise QB Roethlisberger

Patriots... franchise QB Brady

Buyers beware. Not saying it's a bad idea at all. But franchise QB's make a lot of things look pretty good.

Agreed that a franchise QB is the quickest path to success in today's NFL, but I'd take that Giants d-line over ours any day and twice on Sundays.

Chiefshrink 10-29-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9063124)
I'm too scared to discuss replacements now. I kind of think Hunt is either too stupid or too intimidated to fire him anytime soon.

This !;)