ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Flanagan:McCluster could be Andy Reidís secret weapon (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271813)

Molitoth 04-06-2013 11:59 AM

and now our top secret is out of the bag.... way to go Flanagan!

Easy 6 04-06-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "Bob" Dobbs (Post 9561330)
I guess I never got all the McCluster hate. He's not great, he's not bad. What's with all the venom?

I started off with this opinion of the guy, but somewhere along the way last year i came to be very underwhelmed with him.

Hopefully, Reids high opinion of him pans out, everyone knows that if someone can make him look like a player, its Reid... so there may yet be hope, we'll see.

Red Brooklyn 04-06-2013 12:05 PM

I like McCluster. Always have. I'm excited to see what Reid has planned for the guy.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-06-2013 12:05 PM

McCluster is the NFL's version of Ricky Davis. You put him on a shitty team like the 2002 Cavs and he scores 20 PPG and dumbass fans will say "Hey, he scored 20 PPG," just like dumbass fans crow about McCluster's catches.

The truth is that the idiot took 19 shots a game to get those 20 points and shot 41 percent from the field, just like how all of McCluster's catches came as seven yard dump-offs.

splatbass 04-06-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9561219)
I didn't want McCluster but i'm not the hater many around here are


McCluster can serve a role and be productive but he will always be limited by his inability to make people miss. Imo he best chance as being an impact guy is as a slot receiver. Use his quickness to get him open and then get him the ball behind the front 7 of the defense.

That is how Daboll used him. It was the worst season of his career.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-06-2013 12:06 PM

If McCluster was actually quick he'd make people miss.

Hammock Parties 04-06-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9561390)
That is how Daboll used him. It was the worst season of his career.

It was worse, IMO, than his rookie year because he turned the ball over so ****ing much.

When you're literally responsible for five interceptions because of balls going off your hands or poorly run routes, and you don't produce a single TD outside garbage time, that's catastrophic. And throw in the two fumbles.

RedDread 04-06-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9561358)
Guaranteed, we will see McClusters value to a team this year. good or Bad.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...jWXTto4rcB4K3w

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-06-2013 12:09 PM

If McCluster had a horse on the side of his helmet rather than an Arrowhead not one person would see anything of value from him.

Bowser 04-06-2013 12:19 PM

If you're going to be that small in the NFL, you had better have blazing speed, especially if you're prone to turning the ball over and injury.

I'd rather see what Devon Wylie can do in Reid's system.

Mr. Laz 04-06-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9561390)
That is how Daboll used him. It was the worst season of his career.

The entire passing game sucked ass.

run,run,pass,punt

the offense was predictable and sloppy

chiefzilla1501 04-06-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9561389)
McCluster is the NFL's version of Ricky Davis. You put him on a shitty team like the 2002 Cavs and he scores 20 PPG and dumbass fans will say "Hey, he scored 20 PPG," just like dumbass fans crow about McCluster's catches.

The truth is that the idiot took 19 shots a game to get those 20 points and shot 41 percent from the field, just like how all of McCluster's catches came as seven yard dump-offs.

I know he's flawed. I don't like the turnovers, the dancing around, that he's not a downfield threat, or that he hasn't matured as quickly as you'd like.

But it's interesting that you point out how a shitty team pumps up his stock and not how he might improve as the team improves. I don't care about statistics. What I see is that when given space, he's shown flashes of ability that need to become more consistent. But the idea that he doesn't have talent or that all he's flashed is a punt return is just plain wrong.

Bowser 04-06-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9561400)
If McCluster had a horse on the side of his helmet rather than an Arrowhead not one person would see anything of value from him.

Every single one of us would be up Knowmo's ass every time that he'd tell us how McClster is a great security blanket for Peyton.

Bowser 04-06-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9561419)
I know he's flawed. I don't like the turnovers, the dancing around, that he's not a downfield threat, or that he hasn't matured as quickly as you'd like.

But it's interesting that you point out how a shitty team pumps up his stock and not how he might improve as the team improves. I don't care about statistics. What I see is that when given space, he's shown flashes of ability that need to become more consistent. But the idea that he doesn't have talent or that all he's flashed is a punt return is just plain wrong.

He's too slow and can't break a tackle.

EagleRob 04-06-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9561389)
The truth is that the idiot took 19 shots a game to get those 20 points and shot 41 percent from the field, just like how all of McCluster's catches came as seven yard dump-offs.

Exactly what do you think Reid's offense is? McCluster could be the key feature on HB screens, slants from the slot, and draws from a 4 WR set.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.