ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Anyone else have this really, really bad feeling... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266569)

Reerun_KC 11-13-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED (Post 9115053)
Yes. I have watched tight ends burn our defense for how many seasons now because we have no linebacker who's good in coverage. We bring in Te'o I think he helps with that issue a lot then you have DJ to shoot gaps and stop the runs and Hali and Houston to rush the QB. How is this a worse option then bringing in the next Jamarcus Russell?

is your goal to win a championship OR to rebuild the socail hour on sundays at Arrowhead.

Answer that question and you will know what you need do come April

POND_OF_RED 11-13-2012 10:50 AM

In an ideal world I want to take a QB with the overall pick. When top said QB's are Smith and Barkley I'll pass to strengthen the D. I'm not saying we don't need a QB over anything else. Just saying I don't think using our top pick on one is the answer this year.

Reerun_KC 11-13-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED (Post 9115071)
In an ideal world I want to take a QB with the overall pick. When top said QB's are Smith and Barkley I'll pass to strengthen the D. I'm not saying we don't need a QB over anything else. Just saying I don't think using our top pick on one is the answer this year.

according to most true fans its never the answer.... But then again that is why we failed to ever win anything meaningful and were losers in the 90's

I am sick of losing and LB's do not win you championships in a QB driven league.

mr. tegu 11-13-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything (Post 9115022)
Seems like a conflict of interest to me. May be a sign Pioli is on his way out.

That is what I am thinking and hoping.

Brooklyn 11-13-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything (Post 9114958)
Philip Rivers disagrees.

Marty was part of the regime that traded freaking Eli Manning to get Rivers! Shoulda told Archie to sit on it and called their bluff.

POND_OF_RED 11-13-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9115079)
according to most true fans its never the answer.... But then again that is why we failed to ever win anything meaningful and were losers in the 90's

I am sick of losing and LB's do not win you championships in a QB driven league.

I agree. I just don't want to see us reach on Smith or Barkley and waste a few more years giving them a chance only to start over again. My post was not to say we need a LB more. Just that these QB's really suck IMO.

Buckweath 11-13-2012 11:01 AM

That the Chiefs will draft a QB with their 1st round pick is a certainty IMO. But really, I feel at peace with that, because I'll stop rooting for this franchise the second I know this franchise doesn't bring a top QB prospect for next year.

Reerun_KC 11-13-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn (Post 9115089)
Marty was part of the regime that traded freaking Eli Manning to get Rivers! Shoulda told Archie to sit on it and called their bluff.

Marty traded? LOL.. Actually Manning forced his hand. Manning wanted to win a championship. You dont win championships with Marty...

Smartest move in the history of the NFL... Manning did the right thing...

notorious 11-13-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED (Post 9115092)
I agree. I just don't want to see us reach on Smith or Barkley and waste a few more years giving them a chance only to start over again. My post was not to say we need a LB more. Just that these QB's really suck IMO.

They will always suck unless it's Andrew Luck.

It won't happen again for a looooooong time.

Pick a QB in the first (along with a mid-rounder), give them good coaching and 2-3 years. If it doesn't work out draft another one.

A good franchise will draft a QB in every draft and develope them. At the very worst you can trade them for picks later.

Reerun_KC 11-13-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED (Post 9115092)

Barkley, Smith, Wilson or Bray will all win more games in the NFL than Cassel or any other Chiefs reject...

This guys have more talent than anything we have trotted out in years.. Any of these 4 are capable of winning a championship.

But if you dont try, you will be the chiefs of the 90's... Paper tigers.....

Buckweath 11-13-2012 11:06 AM

I would laugh so hard if the Chiefs drafted a defensive player with their 1st round pick.

Woodchuck 11-13-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9115099)
Barkley, Smith, Wilson or Bray will all win more games in the NFL than Cassel or any other Chiefs reject...

This guys have more talent than anything we have trotted out in years.. Any of these 4 are capable of winning a championship.

Have you watched these guys play? Let's just take Tyler Bray for example. He is something like 1-14 against SEC teams and he has had the best WR core in the SEC.

Why on earth would you think he can win a Championship?

RealSNR 11-13-2012 11:13 AM

Has there ever been an interior non-passrushing LB taken in the top 10 picks that ever worked out for a team?

Rolando McClain
Aaron Curry
AJ Hawk

Yeah... good thing those teams didn't draft bust QBs :spock:

LeVar Arrington is about the only guy I can think of who didn't have a totally shitty career, and even then there's no ****ing way he was worth that top 5 pick. Also, some franchise cornerstone he turned out to be. Dude played for what? Four different teams?

**** LBs and everybody who has ever wanted to draft a LB instead of a QB.

Deberg_1990 11-13-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9115099)

Alot of fans seem to think that the only situation in which to draft a QB is when its an Elway, Manning or Luck coming out. In other words, the "Perfect Situation"

Theres a good chance the 1st rounder you draft will be the next Bledsoe or Kerry Collins rather than the next Elway. But thats ok. You can win with guys like that too. I just dont get this scared mentality alot of Chiefs fans seem to have. We are already at rock bottom, what do we have to lose?

RealSNR 11-13-2012 11:15 AM

"When you draft QBs, you're investing way too much of your future into one player. Even if he's good, what if he gets injured?"

-Percy Snow, Battle of Hastings, 34 BC