ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV 6 minute long "Cloud Atlas" trailer. New Wachowski Bros. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261808)

ThaVirus 07-27-2012 10:52 PM

I just can't bring myself to watch it in it's entirety at the moment, even with Halle Berry looking all good and what not.

What's the plot about? Maybe that'll spark some interest.

Silock 07-27-2012 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 8772644)
Is that Tom Hanks in "Asian face" makeup?

Answer, prrrrrrrease.

TrickyNicky 07-27-2012 11:29 PM

Tom Hanks
http://cdn.wwtdd.com/wp-content/uplo..._1-450x565.jpg

Hugh Grant
http://cdn.wwtdd.com/wp-content/uplo..._8-450x613.jpg

Miles 07-27-2012 11:35 PM

I have been meaning to read the book for a while now.

listopencil 07-27-2012 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 8773238)
tl;dw

EDIT: Anyone wanna sum it up for me?

Reincarnation happens, we are somehow all connected, fate exists. That's what I got from the trailer.

Micjones 07-28-2012 01:03 AM

Back to the Future + Inception + Source Code?

Kidd Lex 07-28-2012 07:32 AM

Most will watch, few will "get it", most will watch again, many will argue over meaning, sequel will explain meaning, sequel will create more questions than answers, 3rd movie will be created to wrap it all up, 3rd movie will be lamblasted for poor quality by fans and critics alike, prequel will be announced.

Im in.

barry_smilez20 07-28-2012 01:34 PM

looks horrible

Bowser 07-28-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The God Hypothesis (Post 8773811)
Most will watch, few will "get it", most will watch again, many will argue over meaning, sequel will explain meaning, sequel will create more questions than answers, 3rd movie will be created to wrap it all up, 3rd movie will be lamblasted for poor quality by fans and critics alike, prequel will be announced.

Im in.

This....feels familiar, somehow....

Quote:

Originally Posted by barry_smilez20 (Post 8774369)
looks horrible

GTFO

007 07-28-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8774456)
This....feels familiar, somehow....

GTFO

I just saw a black cat.

beach tribe 07-29-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 8773566)
I just can't bring myself to watch it in it's entirety at the moment, even with Halle Berry looking all good and what not.

What's the plot about? Maybe that'll spark some interest.

The novel consists of six nested stories that take the reader from the remote South Pacific in the nineteenth century to a distant, post-apocalyptic future. Each tale is revealed to be a story that is read (or observed) by the main character in the next. All stories but the last are interrupted at some moment, and after the sixth story concludes at the center of the book, the novel "goes back" in time, "closing" each story as the book progresses in terms of pages but regresses in terms of the historical period in which the action takes place. Eventually, readers end where they started, with Adam Ewing in the Pacific Ocean, circa 1850.

patteeu 07-29-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 8775917)
The novel consists of six nested stories that take the reader from the remote South Pacific in the nineteenth century to a distant, post-apocalyptic future. Each tale is revealed to be a story that is read (or observed) by the main character in the next. All stories but the last are interrupted at some moment, and after the sixth story concludes at the center of the book, the novel "goes back" in time, "closing" each story as the book progresses in terms of pages but regresses in terms of the historical period in which the action takes place. Eventually, readers end where they started, with Adam Ewing in the Pacific Ocean, circa 1850.

Thanks for that excellent description.

Buck 07-29-2012 01:12 PM

Seems like it might be one giant cluster****.

Buck 07-29-2012 01:16 PM

I'm picking unp the novel, sounds pretty interesting.

Pitt Gorilla 07-29-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 8775917)

You might want to cite your source.