ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Scott Piolli's Top 10 Underclassmen (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269399)

RunKC 01-28-2013 11:25 AM

QB...

Then BPA the rest of the way.

We all know this is Reid and Dorsey's plan.

htismaqe 01-28-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9358199)
Making Jason Peters the highest paid LT in the league is some evidence. Perhaps not the most compelling, but evidence nontheless.

Reid's shell concept is built around his LT, QB, pass rushers and #1 CB. He absolutely places a high value on the LT position.

The most demonstrative pick made, however, was the first one Reid ever made. He knows the value of wrapping up the QB position first and building around it.

Making Jason Peters the highest paid LT in football is probably evidence that he'll get Albert locked up as soon as possible.

Given what we know about how the Eagles coveted him in the draft, I expect Albert to be our LT next year, obviating the need for some other position.

Well, obviating it for everybody except Bob, who thinks we'll tag Albert and move him to guard so we can draft Joeckel.

Saccopoo 01-28-2013 11:29 AM

My god...

This guy was going to let Albert walk, draft Joeckel in the first, Glennon in the second, another DT in the third or fourth and somewhere in there trade up for another tight end.

How happy am I to have Pioli fired?

Happy as a Chiefs fan with Dorsey as GM and Geno Smith as my first round pick.

htismaqe 01-28-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9358198)
Oh I agree there.... I think DL is much more likely than a QB also. Regardless #1 is going to be a guy up front.

But is it true that Dorsey and Reid DO value OL in the 1st heavily?

Of course they value OL in the first...

In the SECOND half of the first, not the first half...

The Bad Guy 01-28-2013 11:32 AM

When Reid got to Philly, Tra Thomas was already there. Reid doesn't love taking offensive lineman early. He signed Runyan to a FA deal in 2000.

He did trade for Peters, and invested a later first rounder on the 80 year old fireman, but I don't think Reid is tied into offensive lines like some here have speculated.

Ebolapox 01-28-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9357872)
We will be running the WCO, it isn't a bomb it down the field type of offense. Get the ball to your WR's and RB's in space and let them make the YAC. Smith is actually a good fit for the WCO and we would only have him as the starter until the drafted QB is ready.

you really don't know much about andy reid's version of the WCO, do you? he takes the top off of the defense more than ANY other version of the WCO. his offense demands a vertical presence... if you don't have a QB with an arm good enough to do that, you aren't running his version of the offense.

mdchiefsfan 01-28-2013 11:34 AM

God damn it. Is it April yet?

The Bad Guy 01-28-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9358222)
My god...

This guy was going to let Albert walk, draft Joeckel in the first, Glennon in the second, another DT in the third or fourth and somewhere in there trade up for another tight end.

How happy am I to have ***** fired?

What kind of meltdown are you going to have if he's not?

RunKC 01-28-2013 11:43 AM

This is going to be the longest 3 months of our lives.

It's gonna feel like 3 years instead of 3 months.

DJ's left nut 01-28-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9358222)
My god...

How happy am I to have ***** fired?

<SHUDDER>

Yup, that's exactly what he was going to do. Jesus, we dodged a bullet on that one, didn't we?

Pepper Johnson as head coach, Wes Welker to replace Bowe, Glennon at QB, Joeckel at LT....Mother of God.

htismaqe 01-28-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9358268)
This is going to be the longest 3 months of our lives.

It's gonna feel like 3 years instead of 3 months.

The double-edged sword that is the #1 pick. :D

htismaqe 01-28-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9358251)
What kind of meltdown are you going to have if he's not?

That depends. Did we pick Tyler Wilson instead? :P

The Bad Guy 01-28-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9358269)
<SHUDDER>

Yup, that's exactly what he was going to do. Jesus, we dodged a bullet on that one, didn't we?

Pepper Johnson as head coach, Wes Welker to replace Bowe, Glennon at QB, Joeckel at LT....Mother of God.

Did that asshole come out and say he would have hired Pepper?

The Bad Guy 01-28-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9358277)

Nope. Just didn't take Geno.

Deberg_1990 01-28-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9358277)

What about Barkley? Isnt he #2 or #3 ?