ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Scott Piolli's Top 10 Underclassmen (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269399)

Reerun_KC 01-28-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barret (Post 9357791)
The ONLY advice that would have any actual merit that would come from Scooter ***** is "How to Rape a Franchise 101"

We just might see version two of "Franchise Raping" We have a couple more months to know whether or not this new regime knows anything about the modern day NFL or not.

They could totally Pioli this franchise just the same...

Munson 01-28-2013 08:48 AM

Why would anybody who is trying to improve their team listen to *****'s scouting report?

He's the biggest fraud in the NFL. :cuss:

ChiefMojo 01-28-2013 08:48 AM

I expect a big ugly upfront at #1. Either it will be LT Joeckel or a DT like Lotuleli IMO.

I bet we bring in Alex Smith and draft a QB with the 2nd pick. Probably Tyler Wilson and then groom him behind Smith for 2-3 years.

Historically both Dorsey (GB) and Reid love addressing the lines early.

This place is going to flip sh*t on here but it is the way I see how things shaking. I would love to know how many teams actually have Geno or any QB in their top 15 overall.

Rausch 01-28-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9357824)

They have a strange way of showing it...

splatbass 01-28-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9357804)
We just might see version two of "Franchise Raping" We have a couple more months to know whether or not this new regime knows anything about the modern day NFL or not.

Really? You think Dorsey and Reid, who have both put together SB teams, don't know anything about "modern day" NFL football? But I suppose you believe that you and the other drafturbators, who have never worked for an NFL team, do?

The arrogance on this site is astounding.

Rasputin 01-28-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

I expect a big ugly upfront at #1. Either it will be LT Joeckel or a DT like Lotuleli IMO.

I bet we bring in Alex Smith and draft a QB with the 2nd pick. Probably Tyler Wilson and then groom him behind Smith for 2-3 years.

This place is going to flip sh*t on here but it is the way I see how things shaking. I would love to know how many teams actually have Geno or any QB in their top 15 overall.

Why do people think Andy Reid would bring in Alex Smith? Andy Reid is looking for a QB that can pass on first second and third downs not relying on the run game to win games. Alex Smith is a game manager QB, Andy Reid is looking for a game winner QB. He wants the QB to throw a LOT and the running game is an extention of the pass. There is nothing in Alex Smith game to suggest Andy Reid wanting to bring him here. It would be ****ing bull shit if he did.

duncan_idaho 01-28-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

This is not an unrealistic prediction (sadly), but the guy available at No. 34 is not going to be Tyler Wilson.

ChiefMojo 01-28-2013 09:30 AM

We will be running the WCO, it isn't a bomb it down the field type of offense. Get the ball to your WR's and RB's in space and let them make the YAC. Smith is actually a good fit for the WCO and we would only have him as the starter until the drafted QB is ready.

FringeNC 01-28-2013 09:32 AM

Scott Pioli is the worst evaluator at the QB position I can recall, which of course is why he no longer is a GM. He'd be a failure even if he was good at evaluating all other positions, which based on his drafts, it appears he is not.

Chiefshrink 01-28-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Reality hurts for some here you are correct:thumb:

bowener 01-28-2013 09:37 AM

I hope Pioli is unemployed at least a season and the chiefs show a marked improvement just to show how ****ing terrible Pioli is when he tries to interview for jobs. However the nfl seems to be a good ole boys network so I'm sure he won't have any trouble landing a job.

bowener 01-28-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9357847)
Why do people think Andy Reid would bring in Alex Smith? Andy Reid is looking for a QB that can pass on first second and third downs not relying on the run game to win games. Alex Smith is a game manager QB, Andy Reid is looking for a game winner QB. He wants the QB to throw a LOT and the running game is an extention of the pass. There is nothing in Alex Smith game to suggest Andy Reid wanting to bring him here. It would be ****ing bull shit if he did.

This. I'm not saying Reid will take a qb 1st, but Alex smith relies too much on the running game to be effective in Reid's wco.

HC_Chief 01-28-2013 09:41 AM

Peter King is a hack.

The only reason I would ask Pioli's opinion on draft talent/board is so that I know who to avoid when selecting.

FringeNC 01-28-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9357890)
I hope ***** is unemployed at least a season and the chiefs show a marked improvement just to show how ****ing terrible ***** is when he tries to interview for jobs. However the nfl seems to be a good ole boys network so I'm sure he won't have any trouble landing a job.

I'm guessing Scott Pioli is held in much higher regard among East Coast media elites than he is by NFL front offices.

DJ's left nut 01-28-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9357843)
Really? You think Dorsey and Reid, who have both put together SB teams, don't know anything about "modern day" NFL football? But I suppose you believe that you and the other drafturbators, who have never worked for an NFL team, do?

The arrogance on this site is astounding.

I'm sure you were making the same arguments when some of us dared to call Pioli incompetent in 2009.

You can continue to disregard the wisdom of crowds if you'd like, but we were right on Pioli and it's not impossible that we could be right on the next guy.