ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Should the Chiefs have drafted Flacco over Dorsey? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=197593)

Deberg_1990 10-25-2011 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8047607)
Flacco is a bust...

No two ways about it.

hes not a bust, but hes nothing special and probably never will be.

We are finally starting to see why Pioli passed on Sanchez for Cassel as well. Sanchez's "upside" wasnt that great. Neither was Cassel's but he decided to go with the proven guy over the unproven.

Reerun_KC 10-25-2011 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8047615)
hes not a bust, but hes nothing special and probably never will be.

We are finally starting to see why Pioli passed on Sanchez for Cassel as well. Sanchez's "upside" wasnt that great. Neither was Cassel's but he decided to go with the proven guy over the unproven.

I would say he is a bust. With that team and the people he has around him. There shouldnt be any excuses...

You guys would ****ing crucify Cassel if he was on that team... No need to sugar coat Flacco, just because he isnt Cassel.

Rain Man 10-25-2011 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 7340945)
We took a consensus top 5 pick over a guy nobody projected to even be in the top 10. First of all, if we were still in a 4-3, I absolutely think Dorsey would have lived up to the pick. But secondly, you can't look back and regret a pick that nobody in their right mind would have projected. Rodgers and DJ is a legitimate miss because Rodgers could have and should have had that value. Flacco didn't have Dorsey value at draft time.

A few years later, in hindsight, Flacco's looking like a top 5 pick. But that's hindsight.

Yes, exactly.

Not sure Flacco looks like a top-five pick, but I agree with the first paragraph, and it's longer.

Brock 10-25-2011 10:13 AM

He's not a bust. He's probably not a franchise QB and he is having a bad year so far.

DJ's left nut 10-25-2011 10:13 AM

Flacco should be better than he is, no question.

I can't call him a 'bust'; he's pretty much an average NFL quarterback. Kyle Boller was a bust, Joe Flacco is just a mild disappointment.

Hootie 10-25-2011 10:17 AM

I said last year the Jets and Ravens were overrated because their QB's weren't all that great...I ended up being wrong about both teams last year...

but at least I wasn't wrong about their QB's!

Reerun_KC 10-25-2011 10:27 AM

I sure wouldnt want to build a team around him...

He gets way too many excuses for his lack of QB play...

lcarus 10-25-2011 10:28 AM

I sure would love to have a combo of Jamaal Charles and Ray Rice in our backfield though! How amazing would that be.

aturnis 10-25-2011 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 8047608)
I don’t get Flacco. He can throw 4 TD’s one game then not convert a third down for three quarters the next. Think he’s missing his QB Coach?

Edit: it was 3 TD's against the Rams.

Matt Casselesque?

Okie_Apparition 10-25-2011 10:31 AM

Flacco looks like he'd feel right at home with the Adam's Family. Just a bit creepy

HemiEd 10-25-2011 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8047626)
He's not a bust. He's probably not a franchise QB and he is having a bad year so far.

IIRC, prior to the game starting last night, they said Flacco was leading the NFL in yards per reception.
I would trade Cassel, throw in Palko and Thomas Jones for Flacco. :D

tooge 10-25-2011 10:46 AM

for the most part, all the QB's for the Ravens the last 12 years or so have not been pedestrian. The Ravens D gives them great field position and scores quite a few defensive TD's, so mediocre QB play is overlooked. It's also easier to take chances when you know your D isn't gonna give up many points.

lcarus 10-25-2011 10:55 AM

I don't think Flacco is bad...

Easy 6 10-25-2011 11:33 AM

Theres something very Everett-esque about the guy imo, has some decent skills but never seems to put it all together, he doesnt inspire any confidence from me at all.

The proverbial 'just good enough to get ya beat'.

whoman69 10-25-2011 01:41 PM

The Ravens this year have moved on to a team that is trying to add an offensive side to a team that has won with defense and a run game but ran into a ceiling. Flacco is very Romoesque. He can look great and then make stupid mistakes or get out of rhythm. He's having trouble with the increased load on him this year. He's a game to game QB. He can get on a roll like Eli did the year he won the Super Bowl. He can also flame out and be a complete fail, all in the same game.