ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones *Spoiler* Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257986)

keg in kc 05-30-2013 08:49 AM

Pretty sure it was all about the holiday.

vailpass 05-30-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodDraw (Post 9718281)
Actually I don't think that was the reason. HBO premiered Behind the Candelabra that night, right after Cannes was over. It was Soderbergh's last movie and a pretty big deal for HBO, so I think they wanted to give it a good slot.

GoT doesn't get bumped, not for any show.

buddha 05-31-2013 09:17 AM

;) It didn't get bumped...they are just stretching out the season.

mdchiefsfan 06-02-2013 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9717635)
Entirely possible. This is probably going to be a big episode after all.

Every episode 9 has been a big episode so far: Ned dying in season one and the Battle of the Blackwater in season two. 10 has always been the hanging episode to make you come back.

Sfeihc 06-02-2013 08:04 AM

It's been a long two weeks.

mdchiefsfan 06-02-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 9724936)
It's been a long two weeks.

I can't wait to see my roommate's and my girlfriend's reaction to the Red Wedding. I kid you not, when I read it, I just put the book down for about a week.

I just hope they can capture the feel I got from that moment in the book. I was just skimming along thinking all was going great, Arya was on her way to meet up with her mother and brother and it was looking great for the Starks, then BAM! Arrows flying all over the place. I had to reread a page or two just to make sure I was reading what was occurring properly.

keg in kc 06-02-2013 07:44 PM

God I can't even watch lol.

keg in kc 06-02-2013 07:54 PM

Holy shit that was rough. And I knew it was coming.

petegz28 06-02-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9725868)

Yep....I wasn't sure if they'd get to all this tonight or in the finale but as I told my Wife, things are just now starting as much as they seem like they are ending

keg in kc 06-02-2013 07:59 PM

That was about as well as they could have possibly done it, for people who hadn't read the books. Played it like everything is fine right up until the last possible moment. Starts the Rains, Cat knows, and it's all downhill from there.

One of those moments where I wish I could un-know what happens.

And man was her throat-cutting graphic rofl

I did like them knifing his wife's belly. That was a great change from the book (she's still alive last I recall)

KcMizzou 06-02-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9725868)

Exactly what I came here to say. I knew exactly what was coming, and it was still so hard to watch.

Pants 06-02-2013 08:02 PM

I don't know what other event in any other book I have read had an equally strong emotional impact on me as the Red Wedding. 'Brutal' doesn't do it justice.

AndChiefs 06-02-2013 08:02 PM

I just changed providers and don't have hbo. Anyone know where I can find these episodes online? Im willing to pay for it I just don't want to pay for hbo for the remaining two episodes.

The Poz 06-02-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9725876)
That was about as well as they could have possibly done it, for people who hadn't read the books. Played it like everything is fine right up until the last possible moment. Starts the Rains, Cat knows, and it's all downhill from there.

One of those moments where I wish I could un-know what happens.

And man was her throat-cutting graphic rofl

It's been killing me not being able to talk about that shot. I worked on that particular shot for well over a week. Made me squirm in my chair every day.

Beef Supreme 06-02-2013 08:02 PM

This is the last book I read. Kinda gave up waiting for George to write them and decided to wait until he was finished and then start at the beginning again.

People are shitting their pants right now. And come season 4, I won't know what's coming anymore, and I think I'm kinda looking forward to that.