ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Borderlands 2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256390)

frankotank 08-16-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8813773)
I just bought the game and am lvl 14, it's my first time playing. I started out playing single player and then started playing online co-op. I didn't notice any difference, I'm not sure what you mean.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8815219)
Yes you can play the same chars off/online, game doesn't have closed servers.

you guys got me wondering if somethings changed. long ago I played thru single player as brick and maxxed out on levels (61 or 69...can't remember). I like to do shit myself, without help, and I get all the loot! so I was not happy when I went online and I was a level 1. maybe it ain't like that anymore....(or maybe I did something wrong....) but it was like that when I first got this game. I'm certainly hoping B2 won't be that way because once again.....I'm gonna play thru alone/offline first. (I'm wondering if I maxxed Brick out BEFORE I subscribed to XBOX Live?? maybe that's what happened....been too long ago)

Bump, I'm curious which character you picked. I took Brick to max. I took Roland to 50-ish. Lately I've been playing as the dude with the bloodwig and it seems the lamest of the three as far as the special power.

Sofa King 08-16-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8823360)
you guys got me wondering if somethings changed. long ago I played thru single player as brick and maxxed out on levels (61 or 69...can't remember). I like to do shit myself, without help, and I get all the loot! so I was not happy when I went online and I was a level 1. maybe it ain't like that anymore....(or maybe I did something wrong....) but it was like that when I first got this game. I'm certainly hoping B2 won't be that way because once again.....I'm gonna play thru alone/offline first. (I'm wondering if I maxxed Brick out BEFORE I subscribed to XBOX Live?? maybe that's what happened....been too long ago)

Bump, I'm curious which character you picked. I took Brick to max. I took Roland to 50-ish. Lately I've been playing as the dude with the bloodwig and it seems the lamest of the three as far as the special power.

All you had to do was load your character and you would have been able to play brick online. Just choose the "load character" option instead of "Create new".

The Franchise 08-16-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8823360)

You're joking....right?

The Bloodwing is badass. You can set it up so that it steals health, slows enemies and makes them drop more loot. Throw that bitch into a room before you jump in and he'll have 6 of the enemies already dead (maxed out).

Imon Yourside 08-16-2012 11:55 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kAfzjTAhpBk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sucks that i have an ATI card.

Sofa King 08-17-2012 07:28 AM

Well, I've got the GTX, but I'll probably buy this for the PS3 again anyways.

Imon Yourside 08-17-2012 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan (Post 8825063)
Well, I've got the GTX, but I'll probably buy this for the PS3 again anyways.

Really? and miss out on all that user created content? I never buy a game on a console that is also available on pc.

Sofa King 08-17-2012 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8825064)
Really? and miss out on all that user created content? I never buy a game on a console that is also available on pc.

A lot of the reason this game was so fun the first time was due to playing with my roommate. He doesn't have a computer that would run it, so we'll probably play it on the Ps3 again.

Imon Yourside 08-17-2012 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan (Post 8825075)
A lot of the reason this game was so fun the first time was due to playing with my roommate. He doesn't have a computer that would run it, so we'll probably play it on the Ps3 again.

Gotcha, could probably wait for a steam sale as well.

Sofa King 08-17-2012 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8825103)
Gotcha, could probably wait for a steam sale as well.

Yeah. That's actually a good idea. This last steam sale was my first one. Scored some good games. Metro 2033 was awesome. That steam sale has really turned me on to indie games.

Imon Yourside 08-17-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan (Post 8825117)
Yeah. That's actually a good idea. This last steam sale was my first one. Scored some good games. Metro 2033 was awesome. That steam sale has really turned me on to indie games.

ever play Trine/2? great indie game.

Sofa King 08-17-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8825122)
ever play Trine/2? great indie game.

I've played the demo. I passed on buying the full game in favor of a couple other games. Bought Metro 2033, Arkam City, Krater, Path of Exile and a couple other cheap ones.

Imon Yourside 08-17-2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan (Post 8825211)
I've played the demo. I passed on buying the full game in favor of a couple other games. Bought Metro 2033, Arkam City, Krater, Path of Exile and a couple other cheap ones.

Krater? i tried playing that but man it sucks really bad. Does it get any better?

Sofa King 08-17-2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8825221)
Krater? i tried playing that but man it sucks really bad. Does it get any better?

I barely started then the last steam sale hit. I'll start playing it more when it gets cold out and I'm forced inside again.

frankotank 08-17-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hacksaw Jim Duggan (Post 8823462)
You're joking....right?

The Bloodwing is badass. You can set it up so that it steals health, slows enemies and makes them drop more loot. Throw that bitch into a room before you jump in and he'll have 6 of the enemies already dead (maxed out).

good to know. I went from 7 to level 10 last night and maxed out bloodwig damage. it makes a huge diff. cutting dudes in half now. I am becoming a believer.

frankotank 08-20-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hacksaw Jim Duggan (Post 8823462)
You're joking....right?

Loving bloodwig more and more.....so eventually he will kill multiple enemies?