ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Report: Royals And Chiefs Concessions Are Disgusting, Unhygienic Mess (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=292020)

Stewie 04-21-2015 03:45 AM

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Wins and losses haven’t been a concern for the Kansas City Royals. However, the food being served at Kauffman Stadium concession stands has been, after Aramark food service locations at the ballpark failed several inspections.

The latest of those inspections happened on Monday morning at the stadium. Royals front office members won’t say what, if anything, was found during those inspections, but stadium food service managers knew ahead of time that inspectors were coming.

A news release from Aramark’s states senior managers are planning to be at the stadium on Tuesday, where officials from the food service company say they have a plan to correct the problem.

FOX 4 News producers obtained reports from inspections at the stadium, which show food service facilities in the ballpark failed another inspection on April 9th — the second time in 2015 that stadium concession areas have failed to hold up under scrutiny. Fans were unhappy with hotdogs served during “Buck Night” this past Friday. Photos posted to Twitter show hotdogs served with moldy, soggy buns and burned meat.

On Tuesday, Aramark’s top leadership team will be at Kauffman Stadium, inspecting their food preparation work stations for themselves.

“I think it’s scary, but I must not believe it because I just bought a hot dog,” Sally Williams, Royals fan from Pleasant Valley, said. Williams says she believes the Royals have a responsibility to serve clean food, but she isn’t convinced unfit food was being served.

“When I saw those hot dogs on TV, and they did extensive tests last night, didn’t they? They ran through it to test the temperatures and the cleanliness so I don’t have a problem at all.”

Other fans, such as Liberty resident Brent Rinehardt, prefer to tailgate in the stadium parking lot, and bring their own provisions from home. Rinehardt says he’s happy to see the Royals and Aramark confronting the issue head on.

“I’d like to be able to make sure they’re doing what they’re supposed to be doing, and serving us a good product and not endangering our health if I’m buying something out here,” Rinehardt said.

FOX 4’s calls to Aramark’s Kansas City area offices weren’t immediately returned. Aramark officials have invited media members to come along on their tour on Tuesday, which begins at 2 p.m. FOX 4 will attend the tour and have reports during FOX 4 newscasts on Tuesday.

007 04-21-2015 04:24 AM

Yeah, like that tour is going to quell this. Right? Right?

We're going to watch them make it to make sure they are going it right. Well OK then. That should solve it. LMAO

Dayze 04-21-2015 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 11449216)
It's a competitive advantage. Boosts the immune systems of fans so they are at full strength during cold-weather playoff games.

ROFL

ILChief 04-21-2015 06:31 AM

Why on earth haven't the Royals and Chiefs fired Aramark? I know they have contracts but surely the crap they serve voids the deals

Lex Luthor 04-21-2015 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 11448581)
Aramark is garbage. Sodexo is garbage. Who else is there?

For decades they used a company called Volume Services. They should go back to them. Their hot dogs were edible. I've hated the hot dogs the last few years at Royals Stadium, even before I heard about these stories.

allen_kcCard 04-21-2015 07:01 AM

Yay. More people poking around...the other night we had 30 minutes of people in the way talking about if we could/should be cleaning the inside of a damn soda gun...inside of it...the sealed plastic housing that doesn't come apart. Crap like pictures of a moldy hot dog bun slow service for everywhere, food serving or not. Tonight should be really fun.

Edit: not saying problem areas shouldn't be addressed, but they will make a show of force and be EVERYWHERE all night, for places that have never failed an inspection or are not even serving food.

Easy 6 04-21-2015 07:09 AM

Get your beef brisket monstrosity smothered in cheap cheese sauce while they last!

tomahawk kid 04-21-2015 07:28 AM

So basically they're going to hose everything down with bleach this morning before the "inspection tour" at 2pm.

Based on the report from ESPN last year, it was stated that Aramark employees would simply "shutter" concession stands after the last home game in previous years - and the stands would stay that way until a few weeks before opening day the following Spring.

If that's true - good luck getting rid of rodents / insect infestations any time soon.

Being the father of two smalls kids, with another on the way in July, it'll be a LONG time before I spend a dime on food at the K.

KCUnited 04-21-2015 07:37 AM

I don't hold any fantasies that stadium concessions are back there browning ground beef or anything, but I had the misfortune of seeing the "meat" being prepped for the helmet nachos the other night. It looked like they were emptying a pair of Cassel's game worn pants after a 3rd and long into a chafing dish.

tomahawk kid 04-21-2015 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 11449445)
Why on earth haven't the Royals and Chiefs fired Aramark? I know they have contracts but surely the crap they serve voids the deals

That's what I was thinking.

Obviously its likely too much to ask to change vendors in season, but you'd think the Royals would've had every opportunity to do something this winter.

Pitt Gorilla 04-21-2015 07:47 AM

Honestly, they should figure out how to do it themselves/locally. It would be a pain in the butt and a steep learning curve, but I'd guess that the Royals/Chiefs/HyVee could pull it off.

Molitoth 04-21-2015 08:37 AM

I refuse to eat that shit, especially at their prices.

thabear04 04-21-2015 08:47 AM

That hot dog better than a Dodger dog.

Whosurdaddy 04-21-2015 08:49 AM

Hard to wrap your head around one of the best food towns in the country having it's own franchise serving this shit to its' fans.

DJJasonp 04-21-2015 08:58 AM

John Taffer: "SHUT IT DOWN.....SHUT IT DOWN NOW!!!!!"