ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV New Dave Chappelle on Netflix + Netflix Comedy Discussion (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306808)

Miles 03-26-2017 07:04 PM

New Dave Chappelle on Netflix + Netflix Comedy Discussion
 
Two new Dave Chapelle specials hit Netflix this weekend. I watched the first one and it was pretty solid.

Netflix seems to be throwing a lot into comedy for past year or so which has lead to some excellent stuff. What specials is eveyone enjoying?

WhawhaWhat 03-26-2017 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 12799261)
Two new Dave Chapelle specials hit Netflix this weekend. I watched the first one and it was pretty solid.

Netflix seems to be throwing a lot into comedy for past year or so which has lead to some excellent stuff. What specials is eveyone enjoying?

The way he wove the OJ stories into the first one was so good.

DC.chief 03-26-2017 08:11 PM

BOW! G-unit!

Miles 03-26-2017 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 12799351)
The way he wove the OJ stories into the first one was so good.

That was really great and then the amazing callback with Cosby in first.

Baby Lee 03-26-2017 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 12799505)
That was really great and then the amazing callback with Cosby in first.

His comparison of Cosby to chocolate ice cream was perfect.

Nickhead 03-26-2017 11:39 PM

someone should tell that **** shumer this is how comedy is done!

i watched both comics. shumer couldn't even get the women to laugh at her jokes, where as chappelle gets them all to laugh. except the fat people that is :D

dj56dt58 03-27-2017 09:11 AM

I hope it was better than his shit show on SNL

MahiMike 03-27-2017 09:16 AM

Was pretty good. Not worth $60M but r right.

frankotank 03-27-2017 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj56dt58 (Post 12799706)
I hope it was better than his shit show on SNL

are you....what are you saying here? SNL...Saturday Night Live...what?
SHIRLEY you can NOT be saying Chapelles Show is shit!?!
if so.....then...

http://rs420.pbsrc.com/albums/pp290/...edumb.gif~c200

frankotank 03-27-2017 01:51 PM

I thought both were really good.
apparently some gay folks are up in arms because....now prepare yourself....this is a shocker.....
Dave made jokes about gays!!!

Gasp! are you SURE!?
yeah I'm sure man!
a COMEDIAN....made JOKES....about GAYS!

this political correct bullshit simply CANNOT extend into comedy! they are comedians....they gonna pick on white, black, brown, jew, gentile, hadicapped......and if they black then lemme throw in a second white! ROFL

hell he even warned them after they groaned after a joke he said...
“Ladies and gentleman, man the **** up or you’re not going to make it through this show.”

people piss me off man....

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywo...flix-specials/

you got two identical cars racing, one driven by a gay guy and one driven by a lesbian. who wins the race? the lesbian because you get there faster lickety split than you do just poking around.

chiefzilla1501 03-27-2017 02:28 PM

I usually think Schumer is OK. Good show, train wreck was very good, stand-up is OK. Man, her Netflix special is just uncomfortably bad.

It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I think birbiglias stand-up special is brilliant. He's a terrific storyteller. And if you like the pacing of his standup, you'll love "sleepwalk with me" which is a Netflix movie based on us standup.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-27-2017 02:44 PM

Both of Chappelle's specials were very good. The long arc of the Cosby story made up for some flatter moments in the first hour, while the second was more immediately funny and carried its energy throughout.

I don't think that either are as good his "Killing Me Softly" special, but that is my favorite standup hour ever.

Trent Green GOAT 03-27-2017 05:23 PM

Cosby be rapeing and saving

Nobody does it like chappelle.

Dayze 03-28-2017 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 12800123)
I usually think Schumer is OK. Good show, train wreck was very good, stand-up is OK. Man, her Netflix special is just uncomfortably bad.

It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I think birbiglias stand-up special is brilliant. He's a terrific storyteller. And if you like the pacing of his standup, you'll love "sleepwalk with me" which is a Netflix movie based on us standup.

If you like Mike B and the story telling style of comedy, have you seen John Mulaney? I think he has two specials on Netflix. I thought they were amazing.

Miles 03-28-2017 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 12800884)
If you like Mike B and the story telling style of comedy, have you seen John Mulaney? I think he has two specials on Netflix. I thought they were amazing.

Those two Mulaney specials are great. Particularly the more recent one.

Dayze 03-28-2017 02:32 PM

yep. very engaging, and a great story teller.
I can tell why / how he used to always make Bill Hader laugh during Hader's "Stefon" character on Weekend Update / SNL, by changing the cue cards at the last minute.

Baby Lee 03-28-2017 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 12801293)
Those two Mulaney specials are great. Particularly the more recent one.

WHAT'S NEW PUSSYCAT?!?!

Baby Lee 03-29-2017 05:00 PM

Chappelle's line about Ray Rice marrying that chick after beating her.

"Seely, c'mon out here and shave me. . . '

ROFL ROFL

NewChief 03-29-2017 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12802451)
Chappelle's line about Ray Rice marrying that chick after beating her.

"Seely, c'mon out here and shave me. . . '

ROFL ROFL

Just watched this tonight. Chappelle is a genius. Jesus.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-30-2017 12:37 AM

I just folded two loads of laundry saying nothing but, "He rapes but he saves. He saves and rapes."

Baby Lee 03-30-2017 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 12802957)
I just folded two loads of laundry saying nothing but, "He rapes but he saves. He saves and rapes."

I take it even you aren't feeling the griping about how 'problematic' Dave's sense of humor has become?

Silock 03-30-2017 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12802975)
I take it even you aren't feeling the griping about how 'problematic' Dave's sense of humor has become?

Comedy should be a safe space (lol I understand the irony!) for comedians to say what they want. It's either funny or it isn't. It isn't offensive unless they're doing it specifically to be mean.

I have seen his new specials and I don't see what some people on the left are freaking the **** out about. Some of it didn't land, and that's okay.

Baby Lee 03-30-2017 09:04 AM

And now the world is now losing it's everloving mind because they let Chris Brown guest star as an unflattering Chris Brown type.

Beef Supreme 03-30-2017 10:22 AM

But he saves more than he rapes.

Urc Burry 03-30-2017 10:42 AM

A Louis CK special is coming out on Tuesday now. Netflix is killing it. 3 specials by my two favorite comedians within a couple weeks

MahiMike 03-30-2017 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 12802991)
Comedy should be a safe space (lol I understand the irony!) for comedians to say what they want. It's either funny or it isn't. It isn't offensive unless they're doing it specifically to be mean.

I have seen his new specials and I don't see what some people on the left are freaking the **** out about. Some of it didn't land, and that's okay.

Life should be a safe space. White guys should be able to make fun of blacks and vice versa. Life in USA has gotten worse with all these folks feeling 'offended'.

Sucks.

Dayze 03-30-2017 11:09 AM

imagine how awful a person's life must be where they're offended by anything and everything - no matter how trivial.

I have friends on FB that are constantly up in arms about something. It's hilarious, and sad at the same time.

Baby Lee 03-30-2017 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 12803238)
Life should be a safe space. White guys should be able to make fun of blacks and vice versa. Life in USA has gotten worse with all these folks feeling 'offended'.

Sucks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 12803253)
imagine how awful a person's life must be where they're offended by anything and everything - no matter how trivial.

I have friends on FB that are constantly up in arms about something. It's hilarious, and sad at the same time.

It's not so much exactly the concepts of snowflakes and safe spaces that is the actual problem in the specific field of comedy. It's this maxim that's gone from advice to irrevocable gospel in recent years that a comedian should always and only be striving to 'punch up.' It's similar to the maxim turned gospel in 'journalism' that one should always and only be 'afflicting the comfortable and comforting the afflicted.'

At its base, it comes from the same efforts of identity politics, where on must assume that there are oppressors and oppressed in every situation and the oppressors are always wrong and the oppressed are always not only right but righteous. So each audience member is entitled to do the heirarchical math on comedian and subject matter and judge whether the humor is aimed on a downward or upward trajectory.

Baby Lee 03-31-2017 04:26 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xXjRkrFV2CQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DC.chief 03-31-2017 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12803622)
It's not so much exactly the concepts of snowflakes and safe spaces that is the actual problem in the specific field of comedy. It's this maxim that's gone from advice to irrevocable gospel in recent years that a comedian should always and only be striving to 'punch up.' It's similar to the maxim turned gospel in 'journalism' that one should always and only be 'afflicting the comfortable and comforting the afflicted.'

At its base, it comes from the same efforts of identity politics, where on must assume that there are oppressors and oppressed in every situation and the oppressors are always wrong and the oppressed are always not only right but righteous. So each audience member is entitled to do the heirarchical math on comedian and subject matter and judge whether the humor is aimed on a downward or upward trajectory.

Nonsense. It's ****ing comedy

Pueblo Chieftan 03-31-2017 05:55 PM

W for coming back. Netflix is killing it...Chapelle and Louis CK. It's a great time for stand up comedy.

listopencil 04-01-2017 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 12800084)
I thought both were really good.
apparently some gay folks are up in arms because....now prepare yourself....this is a shocker.....
Dave made jokes about gays!!!

Gasp! are you SURE!?
yeah I'm sure man!
a COMEDIAN....made JOKES....about GAYS!

this political correct bullshit simply CANNOT extend into comedy! they are comedians....they gonna pick on white, black, brown, jew, gentile, hadicapped......and if they black then lemme throw in a second white! ROFL

hell he even warned them after they groaned after a joke he said...
“Ladies and gentleman, man the **** up or you’re not going to make it through this show.”

people piss me off man....

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywo...flix-specials/

you got two identical cars racing, one driven by a gay guy and one driven by a lesbian. who wins the race? the lesbian because you get there faster lickety split than you do just poking around.


The joke is: Two same sex couples need to get to the airport to catch a flight. Who gets to the airport first, the two lesbians or the two gay guys? The lesbians because they go lickety-split while the gay guys are still packing their shit.

listopencil 04-01-2017 11:03 PM

I watched both shows and enjoyed them both.

Miles 04-02-2017 12:43 AM

Some others I really enjoyed that haven't been mentioned are the two Jim Jeffries specials.

kcxiv 04-02-2017 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 12803253)
imagine how awful a person's life must be where they're offended by anything and everything - no matter how trivial.

I have friends on FB that are constantly up in arms about something. It's hilarious, and sad at the same time.

not me, i grew up in a time 80's and 90's where no one got offended, even on FB i dont see people getting offended by stupid shit. Th ough i do see alot of complaining about relationships or family drama.

Nickhead 04-02-2017 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 12806229)
Some others I really enjoyed that haven't been mentioned are the two Jim Jeffries specials.

ahh, so you are anti negro and anti guns then ROFL

Nickhead 01-02-2018 01:44 AM

god'dayum this ****er is funny... the new netflix stand ups... :thumb:

and i quote "if that guy had carried that secret for six more months, i could have known how house of cards ends' ROFL :D

Nickhead 01-02-2018 02:37 AM

that was deep the last fifteen minutes of the second episode, wow! :thumb:

kcxiv 01-02-2018 04:15 AM

the conservatives on this site are not not going to like this stand up. They are going to say he's past his prime and washed up! Truth is, he's still the best in the game.

BigRedChief 01-02-2018 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 12806229)
Some others I really enjoyed that haven't been mentioned are the two Jim Jeffries specials.

:clap: Never heard of the guy until Netflix. Now I've watched everything he has ever done.

I may find 25% of the "new" comedians on Netflix funny but I love seeing all these new comedians on there. Never know when I'll find the next Jefferies.

The last 10 minutes of Morans bit on ice cream is hysterical. Michele Wolfs text conversation after the first date, the same.


On the original topic, If you dont find Chapelle funny, seek medical help.

frankotank 01-03-2018 12:45 PM

Chappelle's Show is IMO hands down the funniest show ever aired.
I truly hope it comes back!

Rausch 01-03-2018 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 13327952)
Chappelle's Show is IMO hands down the funniest show ever aired.
I truly hope it comes back!

He knows how to write.

He doesn't get credit for this because he's labeled as a pot head and blah-blah-blah but he's an EXCELLENT writer of comedy.

He sets up shows to build to a climax and delivers.

You don't do that on accident. He's an expert at his craft.

You know a comedian is great when you completely disagree with them but laugh your ass off.

Dave does that...

CoMoChief 01-03-2018 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 13327952)
Chappelle's Show is IMO hands down the funniest show ever aired.
I truly hope it comes back!

I met Charlie Murphy at a comedy club in Columbia during the shows peak.

Had that big wide Murphy smile...his stand up was just him telling "real" true hollywood stories, ****in hilarious.

Beef Supreme 01-03-2018 04:36 PM

These latest couple of specials weren't as good as the first couple. I mean they were okay, and there were some laugh out loud moments, but I think he kinda phoned it in.

BigRedChief 01-04-2018 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 13328535)
These latest couple of specials weren't as good as the first couple. I mean they were okay, and there were some laugh out loud moments, but I think he kinda phoned it in.

$20 million just doesn't go as far as it use to.

chiefzilla1501 01-04-2018 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 13328535)
These latest couple of specials weren't as good as the first couple. I mean they were okay, and there were some laugh out loud moments, but I think he kinda phoned it in.

I disagree. I thought it was very laugh out loud funny. Look at the squirming reaction from the pc crowd. He hit a nerve and he did it brilliantly, in a way that less able comedians would never be able to.

listopencil 01-04-2018 09:56 PM

Just watched the first part. Hilarious. I also laughed out loud at it and I'm not an easy laugh.

Dayze 01-05-2018 09:37 AM

I'm a big stand-up fan.

one guy I think is hilarious is Sebastian Maniscalco. My wife was in tears at most of his Italian themed bits, as she could totally 100% relate; and I could relate having been around her family for the past 17 years.

I think he has two specials on Netflix right now. I watched one of his specials on Netflix on a whim, just trying to find some new comedy. I'm glad I decided to watch.

vailpass 01-05-2018 09:38 AM

Still funny as hell but you can see him slowing down (and bloating up).

MephistophelesJanx 01-05-2018 11:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 13332113)
Still funny as hell but you can see him slowing down (and bloating up).

Huh? Dave is ripped as **** right now...

MTG#10 01-07-2018 05:42 PM

Loved Chappelle Show and he used to be my favorite comedian but now I can only stomach him until he starts with his political bullshit. Watched about half of his two most recent specials. I dont even necessarily disagree with what I did hear but I dont give 2-shits about any celebrity's political views, I watch them to be entertained not preached to.

ThaVirus 01-07-2018 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx (Post 13333691)
Huh? Dave is ripped as **** right now...

Looks buff, not ripped.

Demonpenz 01-07-2018 07:03 PM

It was ok. Not his best.

bigjosh 01-07-2018 10:10 PM

If you guys havent watched the Tom Segura specials on Netflix, watch them. He is funny as hell. He has a new special coming out in a couple days on Netflix.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.