ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Anybody still think Haley shouldn't have been fired? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266565)

DaneMcCloud 11-13-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9117138)
I acknowledged that by stating Haley's playcalling was exceptionally poor.

Well, his playcalling was always poor. That's pretty much my point.

:D

BigMeatballDave 11-13-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9117117)
You're aware of who our GM was, right?

That should say IS not WAS.

TheGuardian 11-13-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9117121)
No, I don't have it, Mr. SEC. If 'roids and HGH made your dick bigger, that shit would be on every counter in every drugstore and grocery store in the country.

:shake:

You must not know much about that drug culture then. So don't go spouting off about it when you're ****ing clueless about it. It's well know to have that side effect. Just go visit some boards. Or hell, ask Jose Conseco who wrote about it in his book and verified by his wife. It's on every shelf in every pharmacy I dunno, because it's a ****ing class III scheduled drug, you moron?

Quote:

Haley ****ing sucked. Anyone that thinks otherwise is just outright ****ing dumb and doesn't watch any NFL games outside of the Chiefs.

Kind of like you and the SEC.
You mean that conference that won the last ****ing 6 national championships? Yeah you're really winning with that argument you tard. JFC.

Sorter 11-13-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9117136)
That doesn't even make any sense.

If Todd Haley was a great coach or offensive coordinator, he should have been able to carve up the Chiefs defense. A Chiefs defense that was allowing high double digit scoring to many teams.

Your argument is weak. Actually, it sucks.

There are so many variables to consider. Pitt coming off an emotional game with the Giants, missing players, emotional effects for the Chiefs D, etc.

To try and just blame 1 party exclusively for their entire offensive performance seems silly to me and I think Haley did a piss-poor job attacking KC.

DaneMcCloud 11-13-2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9117140)
That should say IS not WAS.

That doesn't excuse Haley from yelling at his players and coaches on the sidelines, nor does it excuse him from playing Larry Johnson for 10 games before Jamaal Charles, nor does it excuse him from starting Mike Goff over Wade Smith, nor does it excuse him from trying fake punts inside his own 20 yard line nor does it excuse him from being a ****.

Need I go on? I can. I remember all of his stupid shit like it was yesterday.

Clearly, most of you people have not.

Sorter 11-13-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9117139)
Well, his playcalling was always poor. That's pretty much my point.

:D

Eh, his playcalling against Philly (first half playoffs), Atlanta (playoffs), Pitt (SB) and a few other games during his brief tenure as the Cards OC were fantastic.

He was up and down IMO. One also has to acknowledge he had 2 HOF players on offensive skill positions and several other good players.

DaneMcCloud 11-13-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9117146)
There are so many variables to consider. Pitt coming off an emotional game with the Giants, missing players, emotional effects for the Chiefs D, etc.

It's the NFL. The Steelers had an extra day to prepare.

Making excuses doesn't further the argument that Todd Haley is some sort of uber genius.

The facts prove otherwise.

Sorter 11-13-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9117150)
That doesn't excuse Haley from yelling at his players and coaches on the sidelines, nor does it excuse him from playing Larry Johnson for 10 games before Jamaal Charles, nor does it excuse him from starting Mike Goff over Wade Smith, nor does it excuse him from trying fake punts inside his own 20 yard line nor does it excuse him from being a ****.

No, I agree that that shit was ****ing dumb.

TheGuardian 11-13-2012 10:10 PM

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=311218012

Any given Sunday you idiots. JFC........

Sorter 11-13-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9117155)
It's the NFL. The Steelers had an extra day to prepare.

Making excuses doesn't further the argument that Todd Haley is some sort of uber genius.

The facts prove otherwise.

ROFL

Who said he was an uber genius? I said that there are several variables you have to account for. To dismiss them is asinine.

DaneMcCloud 11-13-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9117153)
Eh, his playcalling against Philly (first half playoffs), Atlanta (playoffs), Pitt (SB) and a few other games during his brief tenure as the Cards OC were fantastic.

He was up and down IMO. One also has to acknowledge he had 2 HOF players on offensive skill positions and several other good players.

How much of that was Whisenhunt and how much of that was Haley?

It's pretty clear to me that Tony Sparano and Todd Haley had success in Dallas due to ONE reason:

Sean Payton.

Both of those guys haven't done dick since moving on from the Cowboys. After seeing Haley's play calling with the Chiefs and now Pittsburgh, I'm pretty sure he was another in the long line Peter Principle'd coaches, if not outright and pure nepotism.

DaneMcCloud 11-13-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9117161)
ROFL

Who said he was an uber genius? I said that there are several variables you have to account for. To dismiss them is asinine.

No, it is not.

Occam's Razor.

If Tampa Bay can put up 38 points, why can't Todd Haley? The guy that knows every strength and weakness of the Chiefs defense, like no other person on the planet?

Let's not forget that Byron Leftwich has won a ton of games in the NFL. He wasn't exactly Tyler Palko out there. And even so, the playcalling didn't change from Ben to Leftwich.

BigMeatballDave 11-13-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9117150)

I can't accurately judge anything under Pioli. I don't know how anyone could do their job adequately with that ****stick around.

We thought last seasons OL was shit until Orton was under center.

DaneMcCloud 11-13-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9117159)
http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=311218012

Any given Sunday you idiots. JFC........

Yeah, we're idiots yet the Chiefs are 1-8.

Thanks.

DaneMcCloud 11-13-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9117169)
I can't accurately judge anything under Pioli. I don't know how anyone could do their job adequately with that ****stick around.

We thought last seasons OL was shit until Orton was under center.

Right.

So you can't judge Romeo Crennel's defense or head coaching ability?

You can't judge Clancy Pendergast's awful defenses that were so bad, he's coaching college football because no one wanted him around?

You can't judge Steve Hoffman's awful Special Teams?

Are you watching the game with blinders on? I know you don't drink, so something's impeding your view for the past 3+ years.