ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Anyone else have this really, really bad feeling... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266569)

bobbything 11-13-2012 09:25 AM

Anyone else have this really, really bad feeling...

...that we're not going to draft a QB in the 1st? The more talk there is of it, the less likely I think it will happen. It's on national news now after that sh*t-show last night (even with Gruden's sack-licking display of Cassel man-love).

Gotta bad feeling about this offseason. We'll finish with 3-4 wins, get the #5 pick, draft a corner, release Breaston, bring in Welker because he has history with Cassel, draft a QB in the 3rd again, let him duke it out with Stanzi in camp for the 2nd spot.

Meanwhile, Pioli releases Crennel and hires Mangini.

Hoover 11-13-2012 09:27 AM

Nope, there is no way this team could pass on a 1st round QB.

loochy 11-13-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9114820)

http://ct.fra.bz/ol/fz/sw/i57/5/10/8...srs-62bd4c.jpg

DaKCMan AP 11-13-2012 09:31 AM

http://b2finc.com/blog/wp-content/up...doomed-pic.jpg

Molitoth 11-13-2012 09:31 AM

With all of the national attention now and fan backlash against Cassel, Pioli will draft a QB just to save his job. I guarantee you that Clark steps in and forces Pioli to draft a QB in the first round.

Now, will it be Landry Jones? =/

Woodchuck 11-13-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything (Post 9114814)
...that we're not going to draft a QB in the 1st? The more talk there is of it, the less likely I think it will happen. It's on national news now after that sh*t-show last night (even with Gruden's sack-licking display of Cassel man-love).

Gotta bad feeling about this offseason. We'll finish with 3-4 wins, get the #5 pick, draft a corner, release Breaston, bring in Welker because he has history with Cassel, draft a QB in the 3rd again, let him duke it out with Stanzi in camp for the 2nd spot.

I don't think there is any way we take a QB with the first draft pick. I am betting we take Jones, Milner, or Te'o.

I think we take a QB with our second pick of the draft and I think that pick will be a first rounder. We'll move back into the first imo.

So yes, we will take a first round QB.

bobbything 11-13-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9114820)

I honestly, in my heart of hearts, believe that Pioli is egocentric enough to pass on it. The more people tell him he has to, the less likely he is to do it.

If we have the #5 pick or lower, I don't think we do it.

durtyrute 11-13-2012 09:33 AM

I think we'll draft one, but not the one that many on here expect us too. My bad feeling comes from the thought that there is not one person on this staff that I trust to develop said QB.

Woodchuck 11-13-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything (Post 9114841)
I honestly, in my heart of hearts, believe that Pioli is egocentric enough to pass on it. The more people tell him he has to, the less likely he is to do it.

If we have the #5 pick or lower, I don't think we do it.

Personally, I don't think it has anything to do with Pioli. I think 9 out of 10 GMs would pass on a QB if they are picking #1 in this draft class. The QBs just aren't that good. I guess we will see how it shakes out?

Rausch 11-13-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything (Post 9114814)

It doesn't matter who we draft if Pioli is still here...

bobbything 11-13-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9114844)
Personally, I don't think it has anything to do with Pioli. I think 9 out of 10 GMs would pass on a QB if they are picking #1 in this draft class.?

What? Odds are that if you're in the #1 overall spot, your biggest need is QB. Even the #1 QB in a poor QB draft is still worth taking at that position. People drafting #1 aren't there because they need Tyson Jackson.

DaKCMan AP 11-13-2012 09:37 AM

Over the last 15 years a QB has been drafted #1 overall 80% of the time.

ChiefMojo 11-13-2012 09:38 AM

We will draft a QB!

Predarat 11-13-2012 09:38 AM

once they get rid of shit head polly I will feel much better.

loochy 11-13-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 9114862)
once they get rid of shit head polly I will feel much better.

This.

I really really think he might pass.

TimeForWasp 11-13-2012 09:40 AM

Depending on where QBs are projected to be picked, maybe if there is a good trade, trade down and get 2 qbs in the first round.

morphius 11-13-2012 09:40 AM

I think Cassels INT to lose the game pretty much guarantees it.

mr. tegu 11-13-2012 09:41 AM

We will. I am still confident it will have nothing to do with Pioli either since he will not be here.

bobbything 11-13-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 9114869)
I think Cassels INT to lose the game pretty much guarantees it.

It was canceled out by that 4th down pass he made to tie the game.

loochy 11-13-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9114871)
We will. I am still confident it will have nothing to do with Pioli either since he will not be here.

I think you need to change your sig

Chiefnj2 11-13-2012 09:42 AM

I have a bad feeling they are going to take a QB that can't dance. He'll never fit in with the team and be able to lead effectively. He should also be able to taunt like he won the bronze in the Special Olympics.

RealSNR 11-13-2012 09:45 AM

If Scott gets fired, I'm 100% certain the new GM will want to draft a QB to start fresh.

If Scott is retained, I'm 100% certain the only reason why Clark will keep him around is because Pioli finally ****ing promised to draft a QB this year.

There's no ****ing way we don't draft a QB in the top 5. This conversation is useless garbage, predicated upon "I'm a Chiefs fan so everything must go wrong!"

We're taking a QB.

DaKCMan AP 11-13-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything (Post 9114872)
It was canceled out by that 4th down pass he made to tie the game.

Wha?

Messier 11-13-2012 09:47 AM

I know it's hard to imagine Pioli doing to sensible thing, but, there's no way they don't draft a QB in the 1st. Pioli is a media (national not local) addict, according to most, and all he's been hearing is that the Chiefs have no QB. The only way it doesn't happen is if the Chiefs play themselves out of the top ten (not gonna happen) and all the top QBs are gone.

BlackHelicopters 11-13-2012 09:48 AM

If Pioli is still here, it will be screwed up somehow. What is taking Clark so long?

Messier 11-13-2012 09:49 AM

I'm thinking there's a chance we have completely new QBs, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd string.

Shox 11-13-2012 09:52 AM

No, we are going QB in the first. My fear is it will be Matt II.

bobbything 11-13-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9114878)
This conversation is useless garbage, predicated upon "I'm a Chiefs fan so everything must go wrong!"

It's all predicated on having no faith in management. Poor managers make poor decisions all the time. I wouldn't be surprised, not in the least, if we didn't take a QB with out #1 pick; especially if our pick is outside the top 4 (which I think it will be).

So long as Pioli is here I have no faith he'll make the right decision.

mr. tegu 11-13-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9114886)
If Pioli is still here, it will be screwed up somehow. What is taking Clark so long?

Clark wants to ensure we keep losing so we can get a QB and maybe he is afraid firing Pioli will rally the players much like last season when Haley was fired? That is really the only thing I can come up with because everything else suggests there is no reason to keep him around anymore.

Dayze 11-13-2012 10:03 AM

I'd put the chances of drafting a 1st round QB at about 30%.

Chiefnj2 11-13-2012 10:05 AM

If Clark sits in a room full of football people and everyone tells him this years QB class is sub-par and nobody has graded out as a top 10 pick, why do people think Clark is going to insist on a QB?

Woodchuck 11-13-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9114926)
I'd put the chances of drafting a 1st round QB at about 30%.

That sounds about right to me.

King_Chief_Fan 11-13-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything (Post 9114907)
It's all predicated on having no faith in management. Poor managers make poor decisions all the time. I wouldn't be surprised, not in the least, if we didn't take a QB with out #1 pick; especially if our pick is outside the top 4 (which I think it will be).

So long as Pioli is here I have no faith he'll make the right decision.

We know Pioli's ability on picking QB's...........Cassel, Quinn, Stanzi
I don't think I want him picking out a pair of socks let alone a QB.

Molitoth 11-13-2012 10:06 AM

I know we will have a new coach and a new QB...
What really worries me is WHAT coach wants to work for Pioli? Probably not any good ones. NE or Cleveland castoffs?
What QB is Pioli going to draft? A play-it-safe, don't turn the ball over QB that doesn't throw it past 10 yards?

Pioli is the root of the problem here.

Woodchuck 11-13-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9114930)
If Clark sits in a room full of football people and everyone tells him this years QB class is sub-par and nobody has graded out as a top 10 pick, why do people think Clark is going to insist on a QB?

Also, he has Schottenheimer as his advisor. Marty doesn't buy new QBs. He buys used ones.

SAUTO 11-13-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9114937)
Also, he has Schottenheimer as his advisor. Marty doesn't buy new QBs. He buys used ones.

Go suck some cock.

Again.
Posted via Mobile Device

bobbything 11-13-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9114937)

Philip Rivers disagrees.

Woodchuck 11-13-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything (Post 9114958)
Philip Rivers disagrees.

Oh yeah.... good point. :thumb:

POND_OF_RED 11-13-2012 10:21 AM

Good. Manti Te'o will help this team more than Smith or Barkley will. Hali and Houston on the outside with Te'o and Johnson in the middle. That has potential to be the best linebacking group in the NFL. I'll take that anyday over a spread QB or a USC QB.

Woodchuck 11-13-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED (Post 9114989)
Good. Manti Te'o will help this team more than Smith or Barkley will. Hali and Houston on the outside with Te'o and Johnson in the middle. That has potential to be the best linebacking group in the NFL. I'll take that anyday over a spread QB or a USC QB.

We need leadership above all else. Ideally, we need a QB that can lead but if there isn't one there, I can definately see taking the #1defensive leader prospect.

SAUTO 11-13-2012 10:25 AM

God damn there are a shit ton of morans around here lately
Posted via Mobile Device

BoneKrusher 11-13-2012 10:27 AM

prolly already been posted but i was watching NFLN earlier and on the bottom line headlines ticker i saw that Marty has been talking with the Hunts about a role of some capacity with the Chiefs.

bobbything 11-13-2012 10:27 AM

Not only would I draft a QB, I'd probably take another one in the 2nd round and then trade for, or if one becomes available in FA, a vet in the off season. I would then give Quinn and Cassel their papers.

I want real competition in here.

Stanzi can stay just because I have no reason to hate him. He can stay as long as he wants as the 3rd stringer.

bobbything 11-13-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 9114999)
prolly already been posted but i was watching NFLN earlier and on the bottom line headlines ticker i saw that Marty has been talking with the Hunts about a role of some capacity with the Chiefs.

I wonder what this means. Honestly, do you actually see Pioli taking advice from Marty? Especially as a consultant?

Nothing says "I have confidence in my GM" like hiring a consultant to give advice to your GM.

Dayze 11-13-2012 10:30 AM

Marty will gell Clark we can win with a running game, and defense.

we're screwed.

RealSNR 11-13-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

You silly.

mr. tegu 11-13-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything (Post 9115011)
I wonder what this means. Honestly, do you actually see Pioli taking advice from Marty? Especially as a consultant?

Nothing says "I have confidence in my GM" like hiring a consultant to give advice to your GM.

Pioli isn't getting advice from Marty. Clark is getting advice about the team and by extension Pioli, from Marty. Most of the moves lately are not Pioliesque.

gochiefss 11-13-2012 10:33 AM

we don't need a super elite franchise QB to be good. Even if the guy we drafted turned out to be an Andy Dalton type, that would be leaps and bounds better than what we currently have.

I'm not big on Teo. Taking non-rush LB's early in the first rd is never a good idea. Everyone thought Rolando McClain was going to be great, then Aaron Curry. These guys bust out a lot.

The guy you want to look at is Jarvis Jones or Star Lot?? whatever his name is to replace Dorsey as a 5-Tech.

bobbything 11-13-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9115019)
Pioli isn't getting advice from Marty. Clark is getting advice about the team and by extension Pioli, from Marty. Most of the moves lately are not Pioliesque.

Seems like a conflict of interest to me. May be a sign Pioli is on his way out.

POND_OF_RED 11-13-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 9114999)

Sign him to a 16 game coaching contract and then let someone else try when he gets us into the playoffs.

RealSNR 11-13-2012 10:35 AM

It must be True Fan Day at the ****ing Moron Corral

BigMeatballDave 11-13-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

:spock:

Do you watch today's NFL at all?

gochiefss 11-13-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9115026)

right, coupled with an awful d-line and shaky secondary, still not a good D

The panthers drafted Luke Kuechly last year, very similar prospect to Teo, and their D has been awful all year

Dayze 11-13-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9115025)
It must be True Fan Day at the ****ing Moron Corral

LMAO

Woodchuck 11-13-2012 10:38 AM

I have really wanted Marty to come in and be a consultant for several months. Now that it is happening, I am having my doubts about it. Originally, I thought Marty would come in and speak only to Clark and he would be a guy Clark could trust. I thought maybe he could teach Hunt about the business and police Pioli at the same time.

Unfortunately, now I don't think that's the case. This makes me think Pioli's clearly got Clark by the balls if Marty is telling Clark to be patient. I think Pioli has Marty by the balls. Pioli probably thought it was in his best interest to keep his enemy closer than his friends.

Pioli probably called Marty before Clark did. That's the way psychopaths work. It suprises me that so many still underestimate Pioli so much.

BigMeatballDave 11-13-2012 10:42 AM

Blackbob is so ****ing dumb, he brings the collective IQ down about 50%.

POND_OF_RED 11-13-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9115026)

Yes. I have watched tight ends burn our defense for how many seasons now because we have no linebacker who's good in coverage. We bring in Te'o I think he helps with that issue a lot then you have DJ to shoot gaps and stop the runs and Hali and Houston to rush the QB. How is this a worse option then bringing in the next Jamarcus Russell?

Brock 11-13-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED (Post 9115053)
Yes. I have watched tight ends burn our defense for how many seasons now because we have no linebacker who's good in coverage. We bring in Te'o I think he helps with that issue a lot then you have DJ to shoot gaps and stop the runs and Hali and Houston to rush the QB. How is this a worse option then bringing in the next Jamarcus Russell?

Is it worse than bringing in the next Aaron Rodgers?

ModSocks 11-13-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Stop trolling

notorious 11-13-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=I.49501...65463&pid=15.1

Reerun_KC 11-13-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

is your goal to win a championship OR to rebuild the socail hour on sundays at Arrowhead.

Answer that question and you will know what you need do come April

POND_OF_RED 11-13-2012 10:50 AM

In an ideal world I want to take a QB with the overall pick. When top said QB's are Smith and Barkley I'll pass to strengthen the D. I'm not saying we don't need a QB over anything else. Just saying I don't think using our top pick on one is the answer this year.

Reerun_KC 11-13-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED (Post 9115071)
In an ideal world I want to take a QB with the overall pick. When top said QB's are Smith and Barkley I'll pass to strengthen the D. I'm not saying we don't need a QB over anything else. Just saying I don't think using our top pick on one is the answer this year.

according to most true fans its never the answer.... But then again that is why we failed to ever win anything meaningful and were losers in the 90's

I am sick of losing and LB's do not win you championships in a QB driven league.

mr. tegu 11-13-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything (Post 9115022)
Seems like a conflict of interest to me. May be a sign Pioli is on his way out.

That is what I am thinking and hoping.

Brooklyn 11-13-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything (Post 9114958)
Philip Rivers disagrees.

Marty was part of the regime that traded freaking Eli Manning to get Rivers! Shoulda told Archie to sit on it and called their bluff.

POND_OF_RED 11-13-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9115079)
according to most true fans its never the answer.... But then again that is why we failed to ever win anything meaningful and were losers in the 90's

I am sick of losing and LB's do not win you championships in a QB driven league.

I agree. I just don't want to see us reach on Smith or Barkley and waste a few more years giving them a chance only to start over again. My post was not to say we need a LB more. Just that these QB's really suck IMO.

Buckweath 11-13-2012 11:01 AM

That the Chiefs will draft a QB with their 1st round pick is a certainty IMO. But really, I feel at peace with that, because I'll stop rooting for this franchise the second I know this franchise doesn't bring a top QB prospect for next year.

Reerun_KC 11-13-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn (Post 9115089)
Marty was part of the regime that traded freaking Eli Manning to get Rivers! Shoulda told Archie to sit on it and called their bluff.

Marty traded? LOL.. Actually Manning forced his hand. Manning wanted to win a championship. You dont win championships with Marty...

Smartest move in the history of the NFL... Manning did the right thing...

notorious 11-13-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED (Post 9115092)
I agree. I just don't want to see us reach on Smith or Barkley and waste a few more years giving them a chance only to start over again. My post was not to say we need a LB more. Just that these QB's really suck IMO.

They will always suck unless it's Andrew Luck.

It won't happen again for a looooooong time.

Pick a QB in the first (along with a mid-rounder), give them good coaching and 2-3 years. If it doesn't work out draft another one.

A good franchise will draft a QB in every draft and develope them. At the very worst you can trade them for picks later.

Reerun_KC 11-13-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Barkley, Smith, Wilson or Bray will all win more games in the NFL than Cassel or any other Chiefs reject...

This guys have more talent than anything we have trotted out in years.. Any of these 4 are capable of winning a championship.

But if you dont try, you will be the chiefs of the 90's... Paper tigers.....

Buckweath 11-13-2012 11:06 AM

I would laugh so hard if the Chiefs drafted a defensive player with their 1st round pick.

Woodchuck 11-13-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9115099)
Barkley, Smith, Wilson or Bray will all win more games in the NFL than Cassel or any other Chiefs reject...

This guys have more talent than anything we have trotted out in years.. Any of these 4 are capable of winning a championship.

Have you watched these guys play? Let's just take Tyler Bray for example. He is something like 1-14 against SEC teams and he has had the best WR core in the SEC.

Why on earth would you think he can win a Championship?

RealSNR 11-13-2012 11:13 AM

Has there ever been an interior non-passrushing LB taken in the top 10 picks that ever worked out for a team?

Rolando McClain
Aaron Curry
AJ Hawk

Yeah... good thing those teams didn't draft bust QBs :spock:

LeVar Arrington is about the only guy I can think of who didn't have a totally shitty career, and even then there's no ****ing way he was worth that top 5 pick. Also, some franchise cornerstone he turned out to be. Dude played for what? Four different teams?

**** LBs and everybody who has ever wanted to draft a LB instead of a QB.

Deberg_1990 11-13-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9115099)

Alot of fans seem to think that the only situation in which to draft a QB is when its an Elway, Manning or Luck coming out. In other words, the "Perfect Situation"

Theres a good chance the 1st rounder you draft will be the next Bledsoe or Kerry Collins rather than the next Elway. But thats ok. You can win with guys like that too. I just dont get this scared mentality alot of Chiefs fans seem to have. We are already at rock bottom, what do we have to lose?

RealSNR 11-13-2012 11:15 AM

"When you draft QBs, you're investing way too much of your future into one player. Even if he's good, what if he gets injured?"

-Percy Snow, Battle of Hastings, 34 BC

Reerun_KC 11-13-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9115129)
Alot of fans seem to think that the only situation in which to draft a QB is when its an Elway, Manning or Luck coming out. In other words, the "Perfect Situation"

Theres a good chance the 1st rounder you draft will be the next Bledsoe or Kerry Collins rather than the next Elway. But thats ok. You can win with guys like that too. I just dont get this scared mentality alot of Chiefs fans seem to have. We are already at rock bottom, what do we have to lose?

exactly..

We have no where else to go. We are about as low as you can go. We need to invest in a what works. Teams rebuild and build championship teams with QB's. This not ****ing rocket surgery...

DaKCMan AP 11-13-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefss (Post 9115020)
we don't need a super elite franchise QB to be good. Even if the guy we drafted turned out to be an Andy Dalton type, that would be leaps and bounds better than what we currently have.

WTF? Do you want to be an average team or compete for championships?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9115035)
I have really wanted Marty to come in and be a consultant for several months. Now that it is happening, I am having my doubts about it. Originally, I thought Marty would come in and speak only to Clark and he would be a guy Clark could trust. I thought maybe he could teach Hunt about the business and police Pioli at the same time.

Unfortunately, now I don't think that's the case. This makes me think Pioli's clearly got Clark by the balls if Marty is telling Clark to be patient. I think Pioli has Marty by the balls. Pioli probably thought it was in his best interest to keep his enemy closer than his friends.

Pioli probably called Marty before Clark did. That's the way psychopaths work. It suprises me that so many still underestimate Pioli so much.

Are you bi-polar?

Quote:

Did you think Roethlisberger and Rodgers sucked too?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9115122)
Have you watched these guys play? Let's just take Tyler Bray for example. He is something like 1-14 against SEC teams and he has had the best WR core in the SEC.

Why on earth would you think he can win a Championship?

Having the 113th ranked scoring defense might have something to do with it..

RealSNR 11-13-2012 11:18 AM

The Chiefs have a top 5 LB core in the NFL and are 1-7.

What's the solution?

"Draft a LB!"

Incredible :shake:

DaKCMan AP 11-13-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9115129)
I just dont get this scared mentality alot of Chiefs fans seem to have. We are already at rock bottom, what do we have to lose?

Yep. If he doesn't work out you just draft another one in a few years. With the rookie pay scale now in place it's less risky than it's ever been.

AndChiefs 11-13-2012 11:22 AM

We need to draft Jake Matthews from Texas A&M. Gotta get a LT to replace Albert.