ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Has anyone cancelled their Season Tickets? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270670)

notorious 03-03-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9459634)
Well we know it's not the 2nd this year.

If we trade back we might be surprised.

What happens if we trade back, get our second pick back, and draft one of the decent QB prospects with the 1st or 2nd?

This place will turn it's attitude around instantly.

bevischief 03-03-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9459638)
When do you anticipate them taking a R1 QB?

Because unless Alex Smith is even worse than I'm expecting, this team is going to be picking in the 15-20 range for the next 3-4 years.

So basically, we're hoping against hope that a Rodgers/Flacco scenario emerges in the next couple of drafts in which an elite guy plummets down the board.

Don't hold your breath.

And another 3-4 years of Cassel 2.0 at QB.:banghead::banghead: Hell will freeze over if this team finds then next Rodgers/Flacco.

KCUnited 03-03-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9459649)
If we trade back we might be surprised.

What happens if we trade back, get our second pick back, and draft one of the decent QB prospects with the 1st or 2nd?

This place will turn it's attitude around instantly.

They've identified their QB and handed him the keys, any trade backs will be to fill other holes.

OnTheWarpath15 03-03-2013 09:06 AM

Think about what we've gone through as fans, and what these past 5 years have gotten us.

The 1st, 3rd, 5th (X2) and 11th overall picks, and two extremely high R2 picks have netted us Matt Cassel, Alex Smith, Glenn Dorsey, Tyson Jackson, Dontari Poe, Eric Berry and very, very likely, a LT we don't need.

That's a sickening waste of draft currency.

Marcellus 03-03-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9459667)
Think about what we've gone through as fans, and what these past 5 years have gotten us.

The 1st, 3rd, 5th (X2) and 11th overall picks, and two extremely high R2 picks have netted us Matt Cassel, Alex Smith, Glenn Dorsey, Tyson Jackson, Dontari Poe, Eric Berry and very, very likely, a LT we don't need.

No need to keep kicking us in the nuts, we are already on the ground.

notorious 03-03-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9459662)
They've identified their QB and handed him the keys, any trade backs will be to fill other holes.

What if they actually pull off a great move?

I have to manufacture some hope out of thin air or my offseason is going to be horrible.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-03-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9459626)
I'm actually not excited about the trade, but I also wasn't excited by the QBs in this years draft. All I'm saying is I'm willing to let the men who were hired to do this job do it. Reid has a proven track record and Dorsey is highly regarded in NFL circles. Just because a bunch of hacks, myself included, on a message board don't agree with his trade doesn't mean it was a poor decision. Ultimately it could prove to be, but going off half cocked and canceling tickets, sending emails, etc. . . reeks of a small child throwing a tantrum when it doesn't get what it wants. I don't remember my ticket rep guaranteeing me that KC was going to draft a QB in the first round when I renewed my tickets this year.

The problem is we've all seen this before. We've seen it the last several decades. Many of us like me have tried rationalizing the deals even when we know deep down how it's going to end up. Not this time. If it works, I'll be excited as ****, but I'm not getting my hopes up this time.

Mr. Flopnuts 03-03-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9459667)

:facepalm: That kind of haul should net you 3 franchise players if you whiff half the time.

gblowfish 03-03-2013 09:16 AM

The only REAL Chiefs fans are season ticket holders.

Oh, sorry, I was channeling King Carl again there for a minute.

My bad, carry on....

OnTheWarpath15 03-03-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9459685)
:facepalm: That kind of haul should net you 3 franchise players if you whiff half the time.

Explains why we only have 29 wins in the last 6 seasons.

Detroit has 29 over that period, and that includes a winless season.

The Factory of Sadness has 4 MORE wins over that period.

Buffalo has SEVEN more wins, and they play the Pats and Jets twice a year.

Jacksonville has EIGHT more wins.

Oakland has 5 more wins.

Gents, we've been the 2nd worst team in the NFL over the last 6 seasons, and have nothing to show for it. Only STL has been worse.

GloryDayz 03-03-2013 09:25 AM

Canceled ours years ago... The amount of money saved is just crazy!! And I've not missed a single game I felt like subjecting myself, and my son, to yet.

I understand keeping them in a few situations such as "50 yard line," "I've got so much money they cost less than most dinners I pay for, so who cares about price," and "I've tail-gated for the last 42 years, so i might as well go in for a look-see too," but short of that I can't see any reason really.

HotCarl 03-03-2013 09:33 AM

No, but I know a family that just invested in them. If I were local, of course I would too. Real fans want to be a part of it and support the home team.

TribalElder 03-03-2013 09:35 AM

I have checked into canceling. I'm on the flex pay and will wait to see about the draft. If they shit the bed during the draft I will most likely cancel and cheer the team on from home. I got a phone number from Old Dog and was able to verify with a sales rep. You do lose 10% but. It would save me 1500. I'm going to wait and pay the other 40 to see what happens at draft time, but yes I'm way disappointed and don't feel the excitement anymore that made me want to become a first time STH.

I just moved up to KC to so this move is just my luck

threebag 03-03-2013 09:42 AM

Thank God that regime is over. Bitching isn't going to change shit. Go vent into a warm gym sock or yesterday's bath towel. We are just a draft pick away from people going full Belcher.

R8RFAN 03-03-2013 09:45 AM

If you cancel your season tickets over 1 player you are a pussy...