ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Article: Chiefs Most Likely Landing Spot for Foles (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269947)

RyFo18 02-12-2013 12:03 AM

Article: Chiefs Most Likely Landing Spot for Foles

Now that Vick has re-signed with Philly, it makes sense that this stuff would start coming out given the Reid/Foles connection.

Quote:

Chiefs a logical landing spot if Nick Foles is dealt

By Dan Hanzus
Around the League Writer
Published: Feb. 11, 2013 at 08:12 p.m. Updated: Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:06 a.m.

Chip Kelly said Monday it was his "hope" the Philadelphia Eagles will have both Michael Vick and Nick Foles on the roster come Week 1.

Kelly called it an "open competition" at quarterback and stressed that Foles was kept in the loop on the Eagles' thinking in restructuring Vick's deal. It certainly doesn't sound like the Eagles are about to ship Foles out of town.

That said, Kelly didn't rule out a possible trade. Around The League checked in with NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah, who served as the Eagles' west coast scout from 2010-12. Jeremiah doesn't know the Eagles' internal thinking on the matter, but he pointed to the Kansas City Chiefs as a potential trade fit.

The logic is simple: Andy Reid took over as head coach of the Chiefs last month after 14 seasons in Philadelphia. His staff includes Doug Pederson, the former Eagles' quarterbacks coach who now serves as the Chiefs' offensive coordinator. Foles' skill-set is ideally suited for the West Coast offense, and he spent his rookie season learning the Reid playbook in Philadelphia.

"I know both Andy Reid and Doug Pederson were very high on Nick Foles and his future," Jeremiah said. "They were huge supporters through the entire process and believe in him greatly.

"I would think they would explore that opportunity if it presented itself."

Reid and Pederson love Foles' size and accuracy, two traits they covet at the position. And while we don't imagine the Eagles would bend over backwards to help Reid, it certainly helps that the divorce between coach and team was largely amicable. That Reid now operates in a different conference doesn't hurt, either.

Kelly said Monday that every NFL team needs two quarterbacks. There's logic to that, especially when Vick is one of them. But if Reid wanted Foles enough, the Eagles would have to at least listen.

Follow Dan Hanzus on Twitter @DanHanzus.

CHENZ A! 02-12-2013 12:09 AM

6th maybe

CoMoChief 02-12-2013 12:11 AM

(countdown to the end of the world)

philfree 02-12-2013 12:15 AM

I'm down for Foles..........

and Geno Smith.

Messier 02-12-2013 12:22 AM

I like Foles. I think a rookie plus Foles would be good, but I fear we'd have to give too high a pick.

Imon Yourside 02-12-2013 01:00 AM

Cassel straight up?

Chiefshrink 02-12-2013 01:32 AM

I guess Andy feels he must finish what he started.

Hammock Parties 02-12-2013 01:48 AM

When Jimmy Johnson got to Dallas he pretty much immediately picked up two QBs: Troy Aikman and Steve Walsh. He got Walsh in the supplemental draft. He honestly didn't know who was gonna be his QB, he was hedging his bets, and he picked Walsh because he was his QB at Miami.

I don't have a problem with us trading a pick for Foles, even something as high as a third. I don't see any QB prospects in the third being any better, and none that Reid would have a better familiarity with.

Oh yeah, and Jimmy flipped Walsh for 3 draft picks a year later so...it was all good.

Sorter 02-12-2013 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9395973)
I guess Andy feels he must finish what he started.

http://i.minus.com/ib1Yjrx6EKw7Db.gif

NJChiefsFan 02-12-2013 02:02 AM

I don't mind Foles at all for the right price assuming that we are also getting one in the draft. I could live with Geno and Foles. I wouldn't want to give up more than a 4th for him and not sure we could get him for that.

AussieChiefsFan 02-12-2013 02:09 AM

And now onto foles :facepalm:

Hasn't Chip kelly said theyll be battling for the starting role in camp though?

kcxiv 02-12-2013 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9396004)
And now onto foles :facepalm:

Hasn't Chip kelly said theyll be battling for the starting role in camp though?

Coaches say one thing then do another, who knows thought.

One thing all of Chiefs fans can agree is that we need to somehow get at least 2 qb's and make sure Quinn and Cassel are off the team.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 02-12-2013 05:59 AM

"Reid and Pederson love Foles' size..."

I've wondered if Reid doesn't like his QBs sturdily built. Then there is Stafford, who is built well but is injured too often.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-12-2013 06:03 AM

Would they pleeeeease shut up about this slapdick

DaKCMan AP 02-12-2013 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9395984)
When Jimmy Johnson got to Dallas he pretty much immediately picked up two QBs: Troy Aikman and Steve Walsh. He got Walsh in the supplemental draft. He honestly didn't know who was gonna be his QB, he was hedging his bets, and he picked Walsh because he was his QB at Miami.

I don't have a problem with us trading a pick for Foles, even something as high as a third. I don't see any QB prospects in the third being any better, and none that Reid would have a better familiarity with.

Oh yeah, and Jimmy flipped Walsh for 3 draft picks a year later so...it was all good.

JFC you're stupid. Yeah, lets give the 1st pick in the 3rd round for a QB who was taken at the bottom of the 3rd round a year ago, started 6 games last year throwing for 6TDs, 5ints, and had a QB rating of 79.

:spock: