ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   WalterFootball mocks 2013 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268670)

bsp4444 01-16-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NightHawk (Post 9325037)
This is what I would like to happen in the first four rounds.

1. QB
2. CB (Need a number 2 CB right behind Flowers)
3. WR (In Case we lose bowe to fa)
4. ILB (maybe a DE, who can replace Dorsey)

We should get another third round pick for Carr, and I'd like to see us take a safety.

Fat Elvis 01-16-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NightHawk (Post 9325037)
This is what I would like to happen in the first four rounds.

1. QB
2. CB (Need a number 2 CB right behind Flowers)
3. WR (In Case we lose bowe to fa)
4. ILB (maybe a DE, who can replace Dorsey)

In that case, how about:

1. Geno Smith
2. Tony Jefferson (we need another safety as bad as we need a CB, and there isn't a CB around this part of the draft as good as Jefferson. I also think we will bring in DRC)
3. Da'Rick Rogers
4. Kevin Reddick

jd1020 01-16-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9325428)
In that case, how about:

1. Geno Smith
2. Tony Jefferson (we need another safety as bad as we need a CB, and there isn't a CB around this part of the draft as good as Jefferson. I also think we will bring in DRC)
3. Da'Rick Rogers
4. Kevin Reddick

Gonna go ahead and disagree with that.

milkman 01-16-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9317338)
If I'm going off of that mock....I'd rather see. *I'm also including a comp 3rd for Carr.

1. Geno Smith, QB
2. Xavier Rhodes, CB
3. Da'Rick Rogers, WR
3. Zac Dysert, QB
4. Phillip Thomas, S

I haven't watched college football as much this year as I have in the past.

I have watched every geno Smith game but 2, and watched all of Tyler Wilson's games that have aired here, as well as all of Matt Barkley's game.

Which leads me to this question.

Who would be the best available strong safety so that we could move Berry to free?

NightHawk 01-16-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9325428)
In that case, how about:

1. Geno Smith
3. Da'Rick Rogers
4. Kevin Reddick

Don't know too much onKevin Reddick or Da'Rick Rodgers before as I have never seem them play. However, I'm loving the Geno Smith and Tony Jefferson picks for round one and two. If we did bring DRC, I would like this pick of Tony Jefferson. I'm still kinda hoping one of the good CB's will fall out of the first round.

the Talking Can 01-16-2013 07:55 PM

we need to nail the 2nd pick Flowers style....not McCluster style

the perk of losing ass loads of games is that you basically have 2 firsts...they have to be 2 starters

Rambozo 01-16-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9326179)
I haven't watched college football as much this year as I have in the past.

I have watched every geno Smith game but 2, and watched all of Tyler Wilson's games that have aired here, as well as all of Matt Barkley's game.

Which leads me to this question.

Who would be the best available strong safety so that we could move Berry to free?

Lester from Bama and Williams from Georgia are both good and project to go in the 3rd round. They are both thumpers. It's a pretty weak class for strong safeties. I would be suprised if one went in the first two rounds.

I would also be suprised if they move Berry. He's made the pro bowl as a SS both years he's played. I think the new staff won't screw with him as much as Romeo did last year. I think they'll let him just line up like a normal SS rather than blitz all the time and move all over the place. He plays the run better than any SS in the game imo.

We would be better served to take Rambo, FS, from Georgia in the second or third imo. He would be a first rounder if he hadn't gotten in trouble. He's a ball hawk and he can hit. Also, FS is much deeper than SS in this class.

Chris Meck 01-16-2013 10:50 PM

QB and a CB at 1 and 2 would certainly fill the biggest holes on the team. Sign a mid priced ILB to play thumper and a safety in FA and you've gone a long way towards winning.

ForeverChiefs58 01-17-2013 07:29 AM

We have a few holes and Hunt has the money. So, no need to make new holes that need to waste draft picks on. Sign Albert and Bowe.

If we can walk away from draft with upgrades at QB, CB, S, ILB, DE and Oline and WR depth = homerun.

DaKCMan AP 01-17-2013 09:48 AM

Very classy. Would not be upset at all if we grab this kid at the top of rd 2. I doubt he lasts that long..

http://gamedayr.wpengine.netdna-cdn....er-570x361.jpg

O.city 01-17-2013 01:59 PM

I think Floyd might be the best 34 DE prospect in the draft. He's there in the second, along with a top end Cb, it's gonna be a hard choice, IMO.

DaKCMan AP 01-18-2013 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9328496)
I think Floyd might be the best 34 DE prospect in the draft. He's there in the second, along with a top end Cb, it's gonna be a hard choice, IMO.

Yep. I'm torn between whether I'd take Floyd or Rhodes at the top of rd 2. I don't think either will be there, however.

Chris Meck 01-18-2013 08:11 PM

we need a corner worse than another d lineman. If you've got 'em rated anywhere close, you take the corner.

Rexx 01-18-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 9327140)
QB and a CB at 1 and 2 would certainly fill the biggest holes on the team. Sign a mid priced ILB to play thumper and a safety in FA and you've gone a long way towards winning.

This. I am hoping this is exactly how they approach the offseason. I'd like to see them draft a safety in round 3 or 4 as well.

BossChief 01-20-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 9331749)
we need a corner worse than another d lineman. If you've got 'em rated anywhere close, you take the corner.

Dorsey and Jackson will likely both be gone...Unless they are able towork something out with both of them...We need DL again.