ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football How good would the Chiefs be with this BrokeDick @ QB? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265625)

R8RFAN 10-24-2012 04:54 PM

How good would the Chiefs be with this BrokeDick @ QB?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/palmer-...4749--nfl.html
ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) -- As prolific as he's been in his career, Oakland's Carson Palmer is on an unparalleled pace for him.
Palmer is on track to join 2002 NFL MVP Rich Gannon as the only quarterbacks in franchise history to eclipse the 4,600-yard mark in a single-season. Gannon passed for 4,689 yards during the '02 season when he led Oakland to its first Super Bowl appearance in nearly two decades.
That'd be quite an accomplishment for Palmer considering the Raiders receiving corps has been banged up since training camp. Oakland has also had issues with pass protection and the running game, making it easier for defenses to concentrate on Palmer.
Ideally, Palmer says the Raiders would be better off being more balanced offensively.

+ 12 Games in a row with over 200 yards passing...

Palmer is not the problem in Raiderland and if he was playing for the Chiefs they would be SB contenders...

Who agrees with me or does the hate for the Raiders consume you too much to take off your glasses?

R8RFAN 10-24-2012 05:02 PM

Come on, don't be shy

DJ's left nut 10-24-2012 05:05 PM

Well the good news is that the Chiefs are probably little more than a quarterback away from being relevant.

The Raiders don't even have that going for them.

R8RFAN 10-24-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9046361)
Well the good news is that the Chiefs are probably little more than a quarterback away from being relevant.

Naa, a consistant pass rush and decent corners and the Raiders would be as good as the Cheaps with a QB....

Yall need a coaching staff more than a QB I think.

Bump 10-24-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

nah. We aren't even close. It's gonna take a lot longer to recover from all of these 1st round busts.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-24-2012 05:10 PM

He throws for alot of empty yards dude. Be like a return to Orton land.

DJ's left nut 10-24-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9046367)
Naa, a consistant pass rush and decent corners and the Raiders would be as good as the Cheaps with a QB....

Well hell, if you're only 5 players away from being a .500 team, you should be pretty excited about things.

Maybe if you fellas got around to re-animating the corpse of Darren McFadden, it would help a bit.

KChiefer 10-24-2012 05:10 PM

Hard to say. Palmer would have had to wait until week 5 to take the reigns of a demoralized team here.

SB contender Chiefs is the oxyest of oxymorons. Manning knew that.

Iconic 10-24-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9046376)
nah. We aren't even close. It's gonna take a lot longer to recover from all of these 1st round busts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9046378)

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 9046383)
Hard to say. Palmer would have had to wait until week 5 to take the reigns of a demoralized team here.

SB contender in relation to this team is the oxyest of oxymorons. Manning knew that.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2mdq9lw.jpg

Hammock Parties 10-24-2012 05:12 PM

He's roughly equivalent to Orton.

So we'd be mired in mediocrity.

Hammock Parties 10-24-2012 05:13 PM

RE: USC QBs

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...92283215_n.jpg

DJ's left nut 10-24-2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9046376)

Bullshit - it's the NFL.

Get the QB and those 'busts' will suddenly be a hell of a lot less relevant.

To suggest otherwise is to grossly understate just how out of touch Pioli is with the modern NFL climate. He spent 4 years trying to gap fill around a bottomless pit and THAT'S why he should be fired.

Not because of Jackson or Poe, but because of what they represent - his complete mis-evaulation of the importance of the position (let alone the personnel available to fill said position).

The Chiefs are close - no thanks to Pioli. They're close because guys like Hali, Charles, Albert and Flowers were already here. That's 4 of the 5 key positions on an NFL team and they're all filled by guys that are above average to legitimately great. All he needed to do was get a decent QB in here and this team would absolutely be relevant again.

Alas, he did none of those things because he's an arrogant half-wit.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-24-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic (Post 9046385)

Reighters is fun to converse with dude. He isn't Knowmo that has delusions of greatness for his crappy team.

Hammock Parties 10-24-2012 05:24 PM

Carson got a second big contract, too, thought it was an extension and who knows how much he actually saw. But it was $100m+

He is so ****ing rich. LMAO

Lonewolf Ed 10-24-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9046367)

We are in DIRE need of a new coaching staff. If the new staff knew stuff, like why the team played like steaming dog shite and showed at least some competence, that would be great. 2 legitimate QBs couldn't hurt, either.

R8RFAN 10-24-2012 05:25 PM

That's post fail man but I see you are from Ft.Bragg and probably Military so I am not gonna give you no shit for this.

R8RFAN 10-24-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 9046417)
We are in DIRE need of a new coaching staff. If the new staff knew stuff, like why the team played like steaming dog shite and showed at least some competence, that would be great. 2 legitimate QBs couldn't hurt, either.

I think you will get your new coach about a week after the SB

Pasta Little Brioni 10-24-2012 05:28 PM

Faid would go winless with Cassel at QB.

the Talking Can 10-24-2012 05:29 PM

i'm still laughing at that trade for palmer...ROFL

L.A. Chieffan 10-24-2012 05:30 PM

http://www.intarnet.us/graphics/gif/brandt.gif

HAHA ...... THATS MARVELOUS

Ming the Merciless 10-24-2012 05:30 PM

we'd suck still

Chiefs Pantalones 10-24-2012 05:31 PM

LMAO

You will never win a playoff game with ****ing Palmer at QB dude, let alone make it there. He's not the answer for you guys. If the Raiders are smart they will draft a QB in the first round.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-24-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9046431)
we'd suck still

Everyone has turned man. Have you joined the darkside yet?

Pasta Little Brioni 10-24-2012 05:32 PM

But, but, but, the YARDS!!!

R8RFAN 10-24-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9046428)
i'm still laughing at that trade for palmer...ROFL

For what we have gotten out of it so far it is laughable and we would be better now had we kept Jason Campbell and the picks but if you look at Carsons numbers and he is on pace for over 4k yards this year while running for your life you can't honestly say a capable team would not win with him.

Deberg_1990 10-24-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9046345)
ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) -- As prolific as he's been in his career, Oakland's Carson Palmer is on an unparalleled pace for him.
Palmer is on track to join 2002 NFL MVP Rich Gannon as the only quarterbacks in franchise history to eclipse the 4,600-yard mark in a single-season. Gannon passed for 4,689 yards during the '02 season when he led Oakland to its first Super Bowl appearance in nearly two decades.
That'd be quite an accomplishment for Palmer considering the Raiders receiving corps has been banged up since training camp. Oakland has also had issues with pass protection and the running game, making it easier for defenses to concentrate on Palmer.
Ideally, Palmer says the Raiders would be better off being more balanced offensively.

+ 12 Games in a row with over 200 yards passing...

Palmer is not the problem in Raiderland and if he was playing for the Chiefs they would be SB contenders...

Who agrees with me or does the hate for the Raiders consume you too much to take off your glasses?

Prolific?? ROFL

Chiefs Pantalones 10-24-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9046438)
For what we have gotten out of it so far it is laughable and we would be better now had we kept Jason Campbell and the picks but if you look at Carsons numbers and he is on pace for over 4k yards this year while running for your life you can't honestly say a capable team would not win with him.

Palmer is 6-10 since becoming the starter in Choketown. But those yards! I believe Cassel is 5-11 in his last 16 starts. Both teams need to flush the toilet before improving. Nobody cares about ****ing yards if it gets you to 6-10 in 16 starts. He has not been worth what you gave up for him.

DJ's left nut 10-24-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9046438)

You make a valid point.

The Raiders are nothing even remotely resembling a capable team.

R8RFAN 10-24-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9046467)
Palmer is 6-10 since becoming the starter in Choketown. But those yards! I believe Cassel is 5-11 in his last 16 starts. Both teams need to flush the toilet before improving. Nobody cares about ****ing yards if it gets you to 6-10 in 16 starts. He has not been worth what you gave up for him.

Oh I know that, Hindsight is 20/20 Part of it is this new offense ZBS shit and our horrible defense, we can beat no one without pressure on the QB

There won't be anymore trades like that coming from the Raiders though, that was a Hue Jackson call and Reggie calls all the shots now... We won't be good this year but I feel confident Reggie will have the knowledge to pick jewels from the late picks the way he did to help make GB what they are today.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-24-2012 05:47 PM

Chiefs are bad, Raiders are horrible, Bolts are below average, and the Donks are average at best. What a shit division.

Chiefs Pantalones 10-24-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9046482)
Oh I know that, Hindsight is 20/20 Part of it is this new offense ZBS shit and our horrible defense, we can beat no one without pressure on the QB

There won't be anymore trades like that coming from the Raiders though, that was a Hue Jackson call and Reggie calls all the shots now... We won't be good this year but I feel confident Reggie will have the knowledge to pick jewels from the late picks the way he did to help make GB what they are today.

At least you're in year one of your rebuild. We're still rebuilding in year 4 of this regime.

R8RFAN 10-24-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9046477)
You make a valid point.

The Raiders are nothing even remotely resembling a capable team.

Not with the defense they have right now and being incapable of getting one of the best RB's in football a few holes to run through... Get him some holes and if they could balance the game better they would win more.

Chiefs aren't either though... You guys have two very bad QB's and a coaching staff that is clueless and the cheapest owner in the NFL... I will take my chances with the Raiders.

Deberg_1990 10-24-2012 05:50 PM

Actually, if the Chiefs had Palmer they might be ok. 3-3 maybe.

Dude is sort of an anomaly to me. He looks good sometimes, then bad others.

He's certainly better than anything the Chiefs have, but he's not a winner overall.

R8RFAN 10-24-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9046487)
At least you're in year one of your rebuild. We're still rebuilding in year 4 of this regime.

Yup, you guys are close to a rebuild, Jamal will want some big money soon and you know Bowe will probably walk without anything to show for it... Is he a RFA or UFA next year?

R8RFAN 10-24-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9046491)
Actually, if the Chiefs had Palmer they might be ok. 3-3 maybe.

Dude is sort of an anomaly to me. He looks good sometimes, then bad others.

He's certainly better than anything the Chiefs have, but he's not a winner overall.

He does not have anything to show for it, that is for sure

Deberg_1990 10-24-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9046495)
Yup, you guys are close to a rebuild, Jamal will want some big money soon and you know Bowe will probably walk without anything to show for it... Is he a RFA or UFA next year?

I'm not really worried about Jamal. When he does he dies. RB is proving to be the most easily replaceable position in the NFL.

R8RFAN 10-24-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9046500)
I'm not really worried about Jamal. When he does he dies. RB is proving to be the most easily replaceable position in the NFL.

Yes it is, that's the same way I feel about DMC, they come a dime a dozen now

Marcellus 10-24-2012 06:01 PM

All I can say is is definitely worth it to the Chiefs for the Raiders to give up a 1st and 2nd round draft pick for Carson Palmer.

Add the 2 picks used for Campbell and another forthat other useless prick Pryor and you guys burnt what 5 draft picks in 2 years for 1 mediocre QB.

I personally applaud the moves.

Deberg_1990 10-24-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9046525)
All I can say is is definitely worth it to the Chiefs for the Raiders to give up a 1st and 2nd round draft pick for Carson Palmer.

Add the 2 picks used for Campbell and another forthat other useless prick Pryor and you guys burnt what 5 draft picks in 2 years for 1 mediocre QB.

They also gave up a 1st I think for Richard Seymour?

R8RFAN 10-24-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9046525)

I know it was pricey and if the same people were in charge I would be disgusted but you can't cry over spilled milk. You guys did it the right way and you are no better than the Raiders

DJ's left nut 10-24-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9046529)
They also gave up a 1st I think for Richard Seymour?

The first for Seymour was a good move. He's given them 2 Pro-Bowl quality seasons in 3 years and has played well enough thus far this year as well.

Is he a superstar? Nah - but the Pats ended up with a pick in the mid-teens for the efforts and likely lost a shot at the SB in the process by taking away their best D-Lineman despite a SB quality defense.

At best, it was a lose/lose, but I really think its a defensible deal for the Raiders even if they couldn't get a good enough team around him for it to really make a difference.

Marcellus 10-24-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9046532)
I know it was pricey and if the same people were in charge I would be disgusted but you can't cry over spilled milk. You guys did it the right way and you are no better than the Raiders

Well yes, actually we are better off except at QB and coach.

We have more talent, more draft picks next year and are a complete waste unless we fire Pioli.

The good news is we have a neighbor in the cellar for a while.

Imagine if 1 team in the division had done a decent job the last 4 years building a real contender, the could own the AFCW for a decade.

Marcellus 10-24-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9046495)

We don't have 1 starter over 30 years old, keep kidding yourself.

R8RFAN 10-24-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9046608)

But you don't win man... Face it, you need a rebuild son.

R8RFAN 10-24-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9046604)
Well yes, actually we are better off except at QB and coach.

We have more talent, more draft picks next year and are a complete waste unless we fire Pioli.

The good news is we have a neighbor in the cellar for a while.

Imagine if 1 team in the division had done a decent job the last 4 years building a real contender, the could own the AFCW for a decade.

Not really

Bowe is gone
Moeaeki ain't shit
Cassel/ Quinn are two turds
Routt is a scholarship player I couldn't believe anyone else wanted

You have a Marginally better defense and that ain't sayin much

The coaching staff is probably the worst in the NFL
The GM lives off New England throwaways
The Owner is thew cheapest **** in the NFL & They have one of the dumbest fans that ever shit between two shoe laces = YOU LMAO

PA Chiefs 10-24-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9046392)

Cassel didnt even start and he signed the richest single contract that is just ......

lewdog 10-24-2012 06:50 PM

What is with the optimism from Raiders fans! They get a new coach and suddenly their shit don't stink? New regime, same shitty football.

So much shit talk from a fanbase fighting for last in the AFC West.

Get bent R8ers!

BigMeatballDave 10-24-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9046608)

Lilja turned 31 last week :)

R8RFAN 10-24-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9046657)
What is with the optimism from Raiders fans! They get a new coach and suddenly their shit don't stink? New regime, same shitty football.

So much shit talk from a fanbase fighting for last in the AFC West.

Get bent R8ers!

LMAOLMAO

You hang in there sunshine, you are REALLY gonna hate the Raiders again real soon

BigMeatballDave 10-24-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9046625)
But you don't win man... Face it, you need a rebuild son.

Teams don't 'rebuild' anymore, dumbass.

Retool. There are some very good pieces here.

A good QB, a good HC and things look entirely different.

R8RFAN 10-24-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9046664)
Teams don't 'rebuild' anymore, dumbass.

Retool. There are some very good pieces here.

A good QB, a good HC and things look entirely different.

Probably 8-8 then

milkman 10-24-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

You do know that Green Bay has a shitty O-Line, mediocre, at best, RBs, and a ldefense that ranked 32nd in the league last year, right?

They aren't winning because of gems selected in the late rounds.

They are winning because of the late first round gem.

whoman69 10-24-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9046378)

Exactly. They have scored 10 TDs total in six games.

Cassel was on pace to set the franchise record for yards after 4 games.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-24-2012 08:51 PM

Damn, Reighters is trolling. **** me for sticking up for him.

lewdog 10-24-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9046661)
LMAOLMAO

You hang in there sunshine, you are REALLY gonna hate the Raiders again real soon

Please explain how your currently shitty roster is going to actually start playing well? Not a ton of talent currently on that roster. At least with the Chiefs we can admit our shit. You poop shit and think it is gold!

Pasta Little Brioni 10-24-2012 08:58 PM

Raiders are bad and they may just **** up the quest for the number one overall pick.

Psyko Tek 10-24-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9046392)

when did USC actually produce a good NFL QB?

Psyko Tek 10-24-2012 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9046661)
LMAOLMAO

GAWD i HOPE SO
I hate the afc west being worthless

Hoover 10-24-2012 11:49 PM

Chiefs would be dangerous with a QB.

R8RFAN 10-25-2012 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9047440)
Chiefs would be dangerous with a QB.

Hoover knows what the deal is, he knows the Chiefs would be good with Palmer but about half of you can't wipe the hate from your eyes to realize it.

R8RFAN 10-25-2012 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9046688)
You do know that Green Bay has a shitty O-Line, mediocre, at best, RBs, and a ldefense that ranked 32nd in the league last year, right?

They aren't winning because of gems selected in the late rounds.

They are winning because of the late first round gem.

That's because Reggie is gone.

Rasputin 10-25-2012 07:32 AM

He would be one wiffed block assignment from Eric Winston to finish his career.

R8RFAN 10-25-2012 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9047686)
He would be one wiffed block assignment from Eric Winston to finish his career.

Don't be bashing your players Tattoo , Bad juju man

beach tribe 10-25-2012 07:58 AM

Quote:

Same thing we thought about Pioli at the time of his hiring. No way to know until he actually produces results.

R8RFAN 10-25-2012 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 9047738)
Same thing we thought about Pioli at the time of his hiring. No way to know until he actually produces results.

Yea, Pioli looked like a real good choice at the time , I was sure he was going to turn that place around.

Rasputin 10-25-2012 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9047701)
Don't be bashing your players Tattoo , Bad juju man

Doing everything I can to get the #1 pick ;)

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-25-2012 09:51 AM

My God the AFC West is a pile of shite.

Chiefs Pantalones 10-25-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9047641)
That's because Reggie is gone.

Wow.

Imon Yourside 10-25-2012 09:57 AM

Jeff George > Carson Palmer. /Thread

Pasta Little Brioni 10-25-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9048067)
My God the AFC West is a pile of shite.

Now make Knowmo read this post Clockwork Orange style till he understands.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-25-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9048169)
Now make Knowmo read this post Clockwork Orange style till he understands.

LMAO Man, I love CO.

R8RFAN 10-25-2012 07:32 PM

As a Raider, Palmer has 4,485 yards passing in 16 games and 15 starts. The most yards he ever threw for with the Cincinnati Bengals was 4,131 yards.

Marcellus 10-25-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9050117)
As a Raider, Palmer has 4,485 yards passing in 16 games and 15 starts. The most yards he ever threw for with the Cincinnati Bengals was 4,131 yards.

What's his TD:INT ratio?

R8RFAN 10-25-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9050124)
What's his TD:INT ratio?

Look it up and tell me

Marcellus 10-25-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9050127)
Look it up and tell me

I'm not the one tooten his horn, look it up yourself. We both know its not good.

R8RFAN 10-25-2012 07:38 PM

I know he has 174 TD's in his career

Marcellus 10-25-2012 07:40 PM

I know he has a ton of INTs since you guys gave a 1st and 2nd for him.

R8RFAN 10-25-2012 07:41 PM

174 tds & 120 ints

R8RFAN 10-25-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9050158)
I know he has a ton of INTs since you guys gave a 1st and 2nd for him.

Shit you give up a few ints when you pass for 4500 yards a year, man you are bitter man....

Marcellus 10-25-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9050165)
174 tds & 120 ints

So what 20 INTs as a Raider?