ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 1587 Prime - Mahomes & Kelce’s KC Steakhouse (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352744)

InChiefsHeaven 03-14-2024 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woogieman (Post 17443396)
Not so much these days...I don't know if there is a consensus "best steak house" in KC these days that isn't a chain. KC used to be known for steak houses, but is definitaly a BBQ town now. IS JJ's as good as it was in the previous location? I've never really heard much about Stock Hill, I've heard good word about Pierpont's...been to 801 Chop House, Eddie Vs, Capital Grille, et al-good steaks, but not worth the price these days imho.

In Omaha, it's all about steak houses...and I'm kinda over them. I love a good steak, and there are many overpriced options to get one. There's a swanky ala carte one in the Old Market called Spencers...great steak...****ing expensive.

I don't really find it worth it tbh. But that's just me. I'd go to this place if I'm in KC just to do it. I don't think they are going to have a steak that will blow my mind.

Meh. Maybe I'm just old too. There's that...

Punwit 03-14-2024 03:44 PM

A, "Travis" delivery. A steak fresh off the grill flipped to your table and you have to catch it on your plate.

Katipan 03-14-2024 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven (Post 17443582)
In Omaha, it's all about steak houses...and I'm kinda over them. I love a good steak, and there are many overpriced options to get one. There's a swanky ala carte one in the Old Market called Spencers...great steak...****ing expensive.

I don't really find it worth it tbh. But that's just me. I'd go to this place if I'm in KC just to do it. I don't think they are going to have a steak that will blow my mind.

I think you're paying for the experience, not the steak.

Ming the Merciless 03-14-2024 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 17443042)
I'm sure people said the same about George Brett's restaurant on the Plaza, and that didn't last too long.

the Pine Tar Burger was nasty

Jewish Rabbi 03-14-2024 03:53 PM

Quote:

I agree with this take. I've had some expensive ass steak dinners comped in Las Vegas. They were good, better than I can do at home, but for $100+ per person? They're not that much better than what I can make at home. Steakhouses just aren't worth it to me if I'm paying 100% out of pocket.

saphojunkie 03-14-2024 03:54 PM

Kids menu includes corndog right (with meat) and corndog left (impossible meat).

Big Red Cheeseburger with fries or Jet Wasp Chips.

If you want pork, I suggest the tomahawk chop.

Katipan 03-14-2024 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 17443617)
Kids menu includes corndog right (with meat) and corndog left (impossible meat).

Big Red Cheeseburger with fries or Jet Wasp Chips.

If you want pork, I suggest the tomahawk chop.

It's not pork just because it's called a chop.
You may turn in your man card at coat check in.

Katipan 03-14-2024 03:57 PM

Except the corn dog thing is cute.

Old Dog 03-14-2024 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frozenchief (Post 17443577)
I just had a $100+ lunch, including drinks (and there were a few of those)

You live in Alaska though. That could have been a Whopper with large fries and a few Blonde Ale's from Skagway Brewing

stanleychief 03-14-2024 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 17443029)
Buffalo burgers should be on the menu

Served in 13 seconds or your next one is free!

Stewie 03-14-2024 04:16 PM

I thought a Tom and Jerry cocktail would be a good name for a creative mixologist. Too bad it already exists and wouldn't work in a steakhouse.

srvy 03-14-2024 04:21 PM

I wish them luck. The restaurant business business is a bitch to establish and be a success. The only steakhouse that I care about in Downtown KC is The Majestic. It would take high praise to lure me there in the Downtown area over what I know is good. Hell I'll drive to Martin City for Jess and Jims because I also know I won't be disappointed.

Stewie 03-14-2024 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 17443701)
I wish them luck. The restaurant business business is a bitch to establish and be a success. The only steakhouse that I care about in Downtown KC is The Majestic. It would take high praise to lure me there in the Downtown area over what I know is good. Hell I'll drive to Martin City for Jess and Jims because I also know I won't be disappointed.

This restaurant is not a start-up. Mahomes and Kelce are investing and their names are affiliated. Noble 93 are well known and have had great success with restaurants all over the US.

Woogieman 03-14-2024 04:39 PM

Quote:

I've had some great steaks, none worth the price of a steak house these days. I may have just gotten lucky, but the best steaks I ever had were $6.99 ribeyes from Hy-Vee that a cooked on high on my old Weber gas grill. Just a little rub, rested them in butter in foil, best ever. I'm with you though, the only thing that may blow my doors off is a wagyu steak....that someone else would have to pay for

Rausch 03-14-2024 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMXcalibur (Post 17443422)
I'll head there next time I'm in KC and report back on how the Well-Done steaks are.

Mine will be. I can't stand pink in my meat...