ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Every player was in KC today but Albert. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271656)

Mother****erJones 04-01-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thabear04 (Post 9546308)
We got rid of are 2nd round pick.

Im saying if we traded back somehow. But were not trading back. We'll re-sign Albert and take Geno hopefully

Gravedigger 04-01-2013 01:58 PM

Something that may go against us getting Geno, if we've been negotiating with Albert trying to get our lower price, taking Geno would only intensify that. You take a QB with the first 2 picks of your draft essentially, you're going to need someone to protect him, someone really great no matter which Smith is behind center. This scenario would make Albert and his agent go apeshit with possibilities.

Mother****erJones 04-01-2013 02:06 PM

But we'd have a roster with a proven vet QB, good backup QB and a future QB in the waiting. That's not bad. We can also move up from our 3s to the 2nd if we wanted.

dallas_texan 04-01-2013 02:08 PM

New member here, and plan on plenty of Non-Troll posts! I am a Texan fan (queu the boos), and am sorry about the loss of Eric Winston. I liked him in Houston and seemed like a class act in KC as well.

Quick question: If you got rid of Winston, and IF you plan to draft Joekel or Fisher, who is your backup RT if you trade Albert? I'm not understanding the trade talk. Smith NEEDS to be protected. He had the best O-line in football (arguably) and (no offense) is going to an inferior one. Seems like trading Albert wouldn't even be a discussion.

And not to stir the pot, but hope you get Tyler Bray or Manuel with a later pick!

Nightfyre 04-01-2013 02:09 PM

I will punch you right in the ovaries noob.

BigMeatballDave 04-01-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallas_texan (Post 9546379)
New member here, and plan on plenty of Non-Troll posts! I am a Texan fan (queu the boos), and am sorry about the loss of Eric Winston. I liked him in Houston and seemed like a class act in KC as well.

Quick question: If you got rid of Winston, and IF you plan to draft Joekel or Fisher, who is your backup RT if you trade Albert? I'm not understanding the trade talk. Smith NEEDS to be protected. He had the best O-line in football (arguably) and (no offense) is going to an inferior one. Seems like trading Albert wouldn't even be a discussion.

And not to stir the pot, but hope you get Tyler Bray or Manuel with a later pick!

Geoff Schwartz is probably going to be the RT.

ChiefAshhole20 04-01-2013 02:16 PM

Theory: I think they want to see what they think of Geno first before they extend/keep Albert. If Geno tears up this private visit and impresses Reid and Co. expect to hear Albert coming to practice, maybe even signs an extension to bring down that cap number so we can have more cap flexibility. But if we aren't impressed with what we see tonight and tomorrow, prepare to hear that Albert was shipped to Mia for a 2nd and some change. It truly is all in Genos hands now. If he really wants to be a Chief, this is his shot. Don't **** this up dude.

rabblerouser 04-01-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9546112)
fumble, drop, and get tackled for loss?

my thoughts nexactly...

Mother****erJones 04-01-2013 02:18 PM

They also may wait on trading Albert to keep teams from knowing for sure were taking an OT at 1. Which teams already think were taking an OT so I dont know if it really matters

Fat Elvis 04-01-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallas_texan (Post 9546379)

Winston is a dick and we're glad he is gone. Second most hated player in KC behind Cassel.

rabblerouser 04-01-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole20 (Post 9546407)
Theory: I think they want to see what they think of Geno first before they extend/keep Albert. If Geno tears up this private visit and impresses Reid and Co. expect to hear Albert coming to practice, maybe even signs an extension to bring down that cap number so we can have more cap flexibility. But if we aren't impressed with what we see tonight and tomorrow, prepare to hear that Albert was shipped to Mia for a 2nd and some change. It truly is all in Genos hands now. If he really wants to be a Chief, this is his shot. Don't **** this up dude.

From what I hear, he's acting like he's got it in the bag...

don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

rabblerouser 04-01-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9546424)
Winston is a dick and we're glad he is gone. Second most hated player in KC behind Cassel.

**** Eric Winston

Mother****erJones 04-01-2013 02:23 PM

Goofy faced neanderthal

Fat Elvis 04-01-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9546424)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9546436)
**** Eric Winston

OK, maybe even more hated than Cassel. Cassel just didn't have the talent; the fact that Scooter kept making sure he was on the field was no fault of his own. Winston was just an asshat who should of kept his mouth shut.

ChiefAshhole20 04-01-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9546432)
From what I hear, he's acting like he's got it in the bag...

don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

This is the same HC who liked Mcnabb, Vick, Freddie Mitchell, and Brian Dawkins. I'm pretty sure he's a fan of confidence, especially from your QB.