ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Blackout Arrowhead: Nov 18 vs Bengals - Reserve Your Gear Today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265617)

kcpasco 11-18-2012 12:46 PM

Doesn't Jackson county own the parking lot?

DaneMcCloud 11-18-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9128684)
I brought this up repeatedly. I told them I want to see the ordinance that would apply to stopping free speech. I said show it to me and I'll leave.

It's publicly funded taxpayer owned land and facilities.

The Chiefs have absolutely NO RIGHT to force people to leave due to a sign asking to fire the head man. That's ludicrous.

I hope the national media jumps all over this deal.

TRR 11-18-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9128618)
There's a ton of black. at least 30-40%. I thanked everyone of them I saw for wearing black today.

Black looks very minimal on TV. Wouldn't have even been aware if I weren't posting here. Either way, Clark only sees $$ signs. You want to make an impact? Stop going. Stop buying Chiefs shit.

I love the idiots who wore black to today's game with red underneath lol!
Posted via Mobile Device

Ebolapox 11-18-2012 01:02 PM

I notice that the tv broadcast doesn't show like ANY crowd shots for the most part.

Brock 11-18-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR (Post 9128730)
Black looks very minimal on TV. Wouldn't have even been aware if I weren't posting here. Either way, Clark only sees $$ signs. You want to make an impact? Stop going. Stop buying Chiefs shit.

Posted via Mobile Device

What a freaking dumbass. The tickets are already sold, regardless of whether the stadium is empty or not.

jspchief 11-18-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9128713)
It's publicly funded taxpayer owned land and facilities.

The Chiefs have absolutely NO RIGHT to force people to leave due to a sign asking to fire the head man. That's ludicrous.

I hope the national media jumps all over this deal.

It's a privately owned venue. There is no freedom of speech.

chiefzilla1501 11-18-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

I ****ing hate when people say this.

Not showing up to games and not buying merchandise tells Clark Hunt that this team is angry, but will be happy again when this team wins again. Pioli will hire a new head coach next year. He'll draft a new QB. And the time will be a soft, borderline .500 team. And we're supposed to be happy about that.

**** that. This sends a message that we support our chiefs, but we are not stupid to think that band-aiding the problem is going to make us happy.

I don't think Clark Hunt is stupid. I don't think he doesn't notice why people are wearing black, nor do I think he's oblivious to the idea that there is a Save Our Chiefs movement. The ideas in Save Our Chiefs are 100 times better than simply not showing up and I applaud them for their work.

chiefzilla1501 11-18-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9128811)

I'm not a lawyer, so again... dumb question.

But if you pay for goods and services, shouldn't there be a reasonable expectation of getting that good and service? And if you don't, shouldn't you be able to demand a refund unless there is a very good explanation for why you were not allowed in?

ghak99 11-18-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9128815)
I ****ing hate when people say this.

Not showing up to games and not buying merchandise tells Clark Hunt that this team is angry, but will be happy again when this team wins again. Pioli will hire a new head coach next year. He'll draft a new QB. And the time will be a soft, borderline .500 team. And we're supposed to be happy about that.

**** that. This sends a message that we support our chiefs, but we are not stupid to think that band-aiding the problem is going to make us happy.

I don't think Clark Hunt is stupid. I don't think he doesn't notice why people are wearing black, nor do I think he's oblivious to the idea that there is a Save Our Chiefs movement. The ideas in Save Our Chiefs are 100 times better than simply not showing up and I applaud them for their work.

You can't expect everyone to understand it.

...and the black is very noticeable on tv, as are the empty seats.

DaFace 11-18-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9128811)

You may be right, but I have a lot of trouble believing you can take someone's money (for the ticket) and refuse to deliver the service they paid for just because they made you feel poopy in your pants.

siberian khatru 11-18-2012 01:11 PM

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/29/sp...-at-games.html

Bearcat 11-18-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

Not sure what some are seeing, but there's plenty of black... it's even noticeable during play when you can only see the first few rows. Lots of empty seats, too, which is even more of a statement. Sure, it's not blacked out by any means, but it was a great effort and I think it exceeded expectations.

chiefzilla1501 11-18-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 9128860)
You can't expect everyone to understand it.

...and the black is very noticeable on tv, as are the empty seats.

Fully agree. It's not rocket science. There are a bunch of empty seats. Those who did show up to the game are mostly in black (keep in mind that there could be some orange within the red). Think the message is clear.

jspchief 11-18-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9128842)
I'm not a lawyer, so again... dumb question.

But if you pay for goods and services, shouldn't there be a reasonable expectation of getting that good and service? And if you don't, shouldn't you be able to demand a refund unless there is a very good explanation for why you were not allowed in?

The Chiefs aren't the only team that dictates what signs are allowed. The entire NFL does it. They may pick their battles, but ultimately they decide what shit they will put up with.

I'm sure they've covered their legal bases on the issue.

You might feel its bullshit. But there is no protected right to express yourself in a private building.

DaFace 11-18-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9128943)
The Chiefs aren't the only team that dictates what signs are allowed. The entire NFL does it. They may pick their battles, but ultimately they decide what shit they will put up with.

I'm sure they've covered their legal bases on the issue.

You might feel its bullshit. But there is no protected right to express yourself in a private building.

You're probably right, but I do hope this blows up in terms of PR. That's pretty shitty that they're censoring fans now, even if they can technically get away with it legally.