ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Sell me on Mike Glennon (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267830)

notorious 12-31-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9259433)
Quick Slants = the most efficient pass in football.

If we got a OC in here that would utilize Geno's quick release on slants and let the WR's get some YAC across the middle, we would have a good offense.

Curls are better.

/Landry Jones

Saccopoo 12-31-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9259431)
A few days ago: Quit judging Geno on one bowl game you dumbass!

Today: Glennon is never going to be good because of this bowl game!

/cp

You can dish it out, but can't take it?

Pussy.

HolyHat 12-31-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9259431)
A few days ago: Quit judging Geno on one bowl game you dumbass!

Today: Glennon is never going to be good because of this bowl game!

/cp

RunKC, I've asked you this many times...in different threads. You havent responded...

What is your opinion on what we should do? Tell me your GM, HC and QB. Prove your worth.

the Talking Can 12-31-2012 01:19 PM

in this game, glennon's thrown half as many ints as smith threw all year...probably the snow

i'm old school, but not throwing it to cbs is a skill i value

Saccopoo 12-31-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9259442)
Geno does too...oh wait that's Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey getting 75% of his yards from YAC.

That's called "throwing the receiver open."

It's, like, kinda important in football.

O.city 12-31-2012 01:20 PM

Run's gotta be like 14. I've seen him pimp Geno, hate Geno, pimp Wilson, love Glennon, knock Geno.

the Talking Can 12-31-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9259419)
Wonder if you realize that Geno doesn't throw INT's because 80% of his passes are quick outs?

he doesn't throw ints because he doesn't throw it to the other team's CBs

he also throws the prettiest, most accurate deep ball in college...

but your boy glennon looks like a real piece of shit, so congrats

Molitoth 12-31-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9259442)
Geno does too...oh wait that's Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey getting 75% of his yards from YAC.

Geno's job is to get the ball to his playmakers. These 2 players are playmakers.
You are ****ing idiot if you think that Geno should be throwing deep balls every ****ing play.

PS: you want deep balls? Go watch some highlight reels.

SAUTO 12-31-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 9259443)
Aside of the 3 INT's, everything else he has done has been solid. I have only seen 1 INT, the last one that was under thrown, can not comment on the previous 2, he just under threw the one in the end zone. He has hit many WR's in the 3's and came away with nothing due to drops.

A kid with solid tools, ( footwork is solid, arm solid, not over powering, his lone mechanical problem is his long wind up delivery, not compact at all )a project that has career back up all over it unless a good QB coach can get more out of him.

Outside of the three int's everything else had been solid. But I only saw one of the int's.

Do you realize how ****ing stupid that sounds?
Posted via Mobile Device

ROYC75 12-31-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9259335)
Glennon is sticking his neck out by making those risky throws.

That's a lot of neck..... a lot.

notorious 12-31-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 9259469)
That's a lot of neck..... a lot.

I'm glad someone got it. :D

ROYC75 12-31-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9259468)
Outside of the three int's everything else had been solid. But I only saw one of the int's.

Do you realize how ****ing stupid that sounds?
Posted via Mobile Device

Maybe, didn't come out the way I wanted to say it, phone was ringing here at work. The one I saw of the 3 was under thrown.... can not comment on the other 2. Not aware if the WR's tipped them, etc. Several throws I have witnessed were solid, on the #'s only to have his WR's miss them, unable to catch for whatever reason, the delivery was there.

A few of the out patterns I saw were money, I have only seen 2 balls so far badly thrown.

To be fair here, Glennon is better than many on here will give him credit for. It will never happen, but I would love to have him as our back up behind Geno.

SAUTO 12-31-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 9259490)
Maybe, didn't come out the way I wanted to say it, phone was ringing here at work. The one I saw of the 3 was under thrown.... can not comment on the other 2. Not aware if the WR's tipped them, etc. Several throws I have witnessed were solid, on the #'s only to have his WR's miss them, unable to catch for whatever reason, the delivery was there.

A few of the out patterns I saw were money, I have only seen 2 balls so far badly thrown.

To be fair here, Glennon is better than many on here will give him credit for. It will never happen, but I would love to have him as our back up behind Geno.

If you didn't see everything then don't say everything is solid.
Posted via Mobile Device

notorious 12-31-2012 01:28 PM

I will take him as a backup.

That's what good teams do: They groom late round backups to trade for better picks.

Molitoth 12-31-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

If you can get Glennon as a third/forth round pick, thats great. But the big knock on Glennon for us Geno Smith fans is that morons like Kiper are saying that he is the best QB in the draft and should go #1. Then you have all of the sheep that listen to Kiper believe him without even watching any tape.