ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Money Class action lawsuit filed over Jackson County assessments (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=349124)

penguinz 06-28-2023 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16997792)
1600 sq ft, 3 bd + a screened porch on a 12,000 sq ft lot and you'd bitch too if your prop. tax went up 54 ****ing percent in one year.

GFY

Stop bitching when you are going to do nothing about it.

Hammock Parties 06-28-2023 03:39 PM

https://www.tonyskansascity.com/2023...ssessment.html

Quote:

"Mr. Chairman, I am going to insert some new remarks from my submitted earlier statement that relates to a lie that County Assessor Gail McCann Beatty has repeated for most of her public appearances for four years. She says that state law “mandates that she assess all property at market value.”

"In 2019, I showed how nearly one out of three residential parcels were magically set to exactly a 14.9 percent increase.

In 2021, I have calculated that the average increase in the County assessment was about 7 percent in market values, when the real market value increases of sales were closer to 27 percent. I believe the last assessment was increased artificially too low, leading into an Election year.

"And I have evidence now that in 2023, the assessment of two out of three commercial parcels increased by 25 percent.

This not setting market values on parcels. This is a corrupt and haphazard process that penalizes the people of Jackson County.

"Not only have there been errors in the only data that the Assessment Department has released, but I believe that they have violated several state laws at nearly every step during the last month . . ."

Hammock Parties 06-28-2023 03:43 PM

Now we're ****ing talking.

https://scontent.fmkc1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...mA&oe=64A1F06C

Hammock Parties 06-28-2023 04:40 PM

Great job, Q.

Quote:

I own a few rentals. Not a lot and I don’t make a ton of money. My taxes increased by a huge margin. Now I will be losing money each month. Sadly I will have to raise rent. Unpopular I know but I have no choice. The city basically just raised rent for everyone in Kansas City with these higher taxes. Landlords will have to adjust.

BigRedChief 06-28-2023 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16996892)
Where in the **** is there great infrastructure in Jackson County? LMAO

Does this dickhead not realize inflation is still a thing? Or that most of Jackson County (Kansas City) is forced to pay a 1% tax just for living or working in this shit hole? Does he not realize in some areas of the city you pay a higher sales tax than cities like NYC?

What made Kansas City great was how affordable and that's quickly changed due to dumbass voters like Jonas & shit bag politicians

stop your bellyaching, you are getting your moneys worth

Since 2006, Jackson County taxpayers have paid millions of dollars to help renovate the Truman Sports Complex, which is subsidized by multiple taxing jurisdictions.

Jackson County pays $3.5 million per year for stadium maintenance fees, funded through sales tax revenues and administered by the Jackson County Sports Complex Authority, which also oversees the Royals’ Kauffman Stadium nearby.

Titty Meat 06-28-2023 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 16998442)

Since 2006, Jackson County taxpayers have paid millions of dollars to help renovate the Truman Sports Complex, which is subsidized by multiple taxing jurisdictions.

Jackson County pays $3.5 million per year for stadium maintenance fees, funded through sales tax revenues and administered by the Jackson County Sports Complex Authority, which also oversees the Royals’ Kauffman Stadium nearby.

Millions went to rennovate stadiums for billionaires that's ****ing awesome

Hammock Parties 06-28-2023 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 16998442)

thank god LMAO

Manny Abarca, Legislator for 1st District just retweeted the Protest Notification for July 8. We poppin' off

Titty Meat 06-28-2023 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16998465)
thank god LMAO

Manny Abarca, Legislator for 1st District just retweeted the Protest Notification for July 8. We poppin' off

That's the bundle of sticks who wants to remove the Andrew Jackson statue despite 72% voting to keep it

Hammock Parties 06-28-2023 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16998473)
That's the bundle of sticks who wants to remove the Andrew Jackson statue despite 72% voting to keep it

It's the cost of doing business with the Dems.

You want lower property taxes you might have to give some ground on woke.

KCUnited 06-28-2023 06:03 PM

Reminds me of the time Emanuel Cleaver banned the 40oz in KCMO and got elected to the House of Representatives

LoneWolf 06-28-2023 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16997792)
1600 sq ft, 3 bd + a screened porch on a 12,000 sq ft lot and you'd bitch too if your prop. tax went up 54 ****ing percent in one year.

GFY

Sounds like a place worth $126,690. What are you bitching about again.

Hammock Parties 06-28-2023 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 16998525)
Sounds like a place worth $126,690. What are you bitching about again.

unless you're going to contribute to democracy, freedom and holding our elected representatives accountable, i suggest you exit the thread

LoneWolf 06-28-2023 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16998532)
unless you're going to contribute to democracy, freedom and holding our elected representatives accountable, i suggest you exit the thread

That was a simple statement. Is your house worth that?

Titty Meat 06-28-2023 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 16998694)

No he doesn't even have curbs

Hammock Parties 06-28-2023 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 16998694)

i literally posted as much

this ain't about me, bub

organize a protest or move on