ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Flipping the switch for the KC Plaza Lighting Ceremony this year on Thanksgiving is.. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265315)

Al Bundy 10-17-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 9026580)
Honestly, I was hoping it'd be Cassel. The response it'd get would be hilarious!

He'd get booed. Then cheered when he electrocuted himself.

Papi 10-17-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InterruptingCow (Post 9026509)
As a soccer fan, you are doing yourself a HUGE disservice not going to at least one game at Livestrong.

I've been. Last year. It is a great atmosphere and I had fun. But it's a 45 minute drive for me and I just haven't been motivated to get back yet. I will. I just think I would get into it more if it were closer honestly.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superbowltrashcan (Post 9026584)
So what soccer do you "get into"? Does it have to be EPL? Spanish league? Please share. Did you not attend the USA game? Stadium too small? Does it have to be 80% empty Italian stadiums playing on Sunday evenings? Please enlighten us oh hallowed "futbol fan".....

Haha you sir are an incredible douche. Calm down and loosen your soccer ball print tighty whitey's. I'll answer your pretentious ass though. I love the World Cup. Watch as many games as I can every 4 years. I'm not putting the MLS or any other league down either. They just don't interest me enough to watch regularly. I don't see why you're so defensive about what I'm interested in! I went to a US qualifier at Arrowhead back in '01. Played Costa Rica I think. I also watched Spain play Germany in Chicago in '94. Now go suck yourself.

Ace Gunner 10-17-2012 09:46 PM

Good. Because I don't want Derrick Johnson & Glenn Dorsey anywhere near this celebration. Losers. HTG

Reaper16 10-17-2012 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papi (Post 9026741)
I've been. Last year. It is a great atmosphere and I had fun. But it's a 45 minute drive for me and I just haven't been motivated to get back yet. I will. I just think I would get into it more if it were closer honestly.

45 minutes? Cry me a ****ing river.

Psyko Tek 10-17-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9026337)
Can't hate on this... they are winners. I don't like soccer, but I respect the shit out of Sporting KC.

They've embraced the fans and the city has fallen in love with them.

well, kc has no NBA or curling
so...
congrats to the other football team

Papi 10-17-2012 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9026922)
45 minutes? Cry me a ****ing river.

It's not a matter of 45 minutes being a huge deal. I was making the statement that, for me, it's a matter of economics. Try and wrap your head around this reerun: A hour and a half travel time (that's being conservative with additional time for parking and getting in and out of the stadium) isn't worth the joy I personally gain being there. Are you familiar with oppurtunity cost? On most days I have something better to do with my time.
I don't understand why everyone is so butthurt about my opinion on here. I have not said anything against the team or the game. Both are great. So I don't love KC soccer as much as you. Get over it. I can't believe I'm getting attacked about soccer on a Chiefs forum.
I guess one positive is that I uncovered a couple dumbass users that I'll know to ignore in the future.

|Zach| 10-18-2012 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papi (Post 9027067)
It's not a matter of 45 minutes being a huge deal. I was making the statement that, for me, it's a matter of economics. Try and wrap your head around this reerun: A hour and a half travel time (that's being conservative with additional time for parking and getting in and out of the stadium) isn't worth the joy I personally gain being there. Are you familiar with oppurtunity cost? On most days I have something better to do with my time.
I don't understand why everyone is so butthurt about my opinion on here. I have not said anything against the team or the game. Both are great. So I don't love KC soccer as much as you. Get over it. I can't believe I'm getting attacked about soccer on a Chiefs forum.
I guess one positive is that I uncovered a couple dumbass users that I'll know to ignore in the future.

Drama.

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-18-2012 01:18 AM

It's nice to see KC embracing the gay community.

|Zach| 10-18-2012 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9027171)

Welp. Someone is drinking again. LMAO

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-18-2012 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9027172)
Welp. Someone is drinking again. LMAO

I posted that only to get a response from you. I got the default one.

Lumpy 10-18-2012 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9027171)

ROFL

<------ Drinking

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-18-2012 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLLLLumpy (Post 9027175)
ROFL

<------ Drinking

I posted something that suggested a lack of support for soccer. That must mean I'm drinking.

I've watched soccer. Entire games. I understood why people kill themselves afterwards. How any game with so much constant "action" can possibily be so boring is truly staggaring.

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-18-2012 01:39 AM

They're running this way.... no no they're running this way... no wait... guys are still running the other way... kick!.... nope. 80 minutes later (in high school soccer at least) it's 1-0. Boy that was fun.

|Zach| 10-18-2012 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9027174)
I posted that only to get a response from you. I got the default one.

The default one for you. Yes.

Just awaiting another drunken emotional melt down for you. The leaving...then the coming back.

No worries though. I am patient.

Lumpy 10-18-2012 01:46 AM

OH FFS!!! :facepalm: